Let's see your pick-up trucks!!!

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by trevorf, Jun 2, 2014.

1. squish

squish Out of the office.

Oddometer:
    vtwin, JGNC and villageidiot like this.
  2. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice, I was thinking it was some sort of extra bed lighting or backup lights.
  3. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Theres a bro-dozer around here that the outside dually tire is past the fender.:fpalm
    squish and villageidiot like this.
  4. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:

How else are you going to 'justify' parking in the middle of two spaces on your off-road trips to the mall?

Bruce
    squish, villageidiot, JGNC and 2 others like this.
  5. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    For Ram owners with that sticky black plastic stuff between the doors, that after a few years will start to bubble and look like shit.

A heat gun and a 1/2 hr later... Who the fuck came up with the idea of yeah, we should wrap the doors of black plastic wrap shit. And then the nimrod who agreed to put this on a million trucks

20200613_142908.jpg 20200613_163311.jpg
  6. phuzzygnu

phuzzygnu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some milk crates and a cold beer (or two) helped organize the tool box. Looks a lot better when it's not all just tossed in there.

Lots of recovery and roadside help stuff, diesel filters, tools, fluids... You get the drift.

I will say "buy once, cry once" when it comes to truck boxes. As you can see, the WeatherGaurd box seals nicely. I've had boxes in the past that let enough moisture and dirt in that cardboard boxes inside disintegrated and everything metal turned into rust. IMG_20200613_195840.jpg
  7. JGNC

JGNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ditto on the Weather Guard. I used those cheap Husky tool bags from Home Depot to organize mine because it's the "gull wing" kind. I'd prefer one like yours but I got a screaming deal on mine.

I can't imagine having a pickup without a Weather Guard after having one.
  8. SnowMule

SnowMule still learning what is and isn't edible Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had one, but it got in the way of using the truck for hauling motos and sleds. :dunno
  9. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Nice, but do you need 9 bottles.

10. phuzzygnu

Oddometer:

One bottle of PS fuel additive with every other tank of diesel for the sake of the CP4 fuel pump. The additive is cheaper by the case quantity (9x16oz bottles).

The funny thing is I just received that case and it was the reason I got all up in the toolbox in the first place.

There's also a five quart jug of Motorcraft diesel oil and a gallon jug of Motorcraft Orange premix coolant hiding with everything else but that's only because of paranoia. The 6.7 is healthy as can be, but I just can't have a toolbox without some oil and coolant in there, amirite?

Same with the PS red bottle. Very unlikely to need winter 911 additive in South Texas, but...
    Maggot12 and JGNC like this.
  11. JGNC

JGNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's the only downfall. With the tailgate down my Vstrom's rear tire would sit an inch or two from the edge of the tail gate. If I backed into a wall my bike's tire would hit first. I very rarely need to haul a moto, though. When I do I trailer.

I think my next truck will be a CC LB.

@phuzzygnu I keep oil and coolant in my toolbox also.
  12. phuzzygnu

Oddometer:
    It's been years since I put a bike in a truck, and frankly even at stock height Betty sits so high it would be sketchy to load anything but an MX bike.

UHaul bike trailers are cheap and work wonderfully. 1394048421.jpg
  13. SnowMule

Oddometer:
    Honestly, it's more convenient not having a trailer if it's just me. Gearbag in the back 2/3 seat (seat folded up), tools/etc on the 1/3 seat, pack and laptop bag in the front. Sled in the bed, couple fuel jugs up front. Ramp slides in under the sled (pick the sled up, throw the ramp under it, set the sled down on it and tie down teh track/skid).

Don't have to jockey a trailer around in tight turnarounds, more parking options, easier drive there and back.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. JGNC

JGNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I definitely see the benefit of loading a sled in the bed. That's a lot of white shit for a trailer.
  15. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    You do this by yourself? There's obviously something I don't understand about those machines.
  16. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    I gave up on MC trailers and just put it in the bed if I need to take bikes anywhere.

No hit on mileage, no tiny trailer I can’t see in the mirrors, parking is way easier (well, as easy as it usually is with a 25’ long truck).

Don’t understand why some folks are sketched out by loading bikes in trucks.
    SnowMule likes this.
  17. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    A 9 yr old can lift the rear of a modern sled. It's like picking up a bucket of water.

SnowMule likes this.
  18. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've never minded a trailer to much, also can't always guarantee there are snowbanks and trees to use. resized_24640-1.jpg
  19. SnowMule

Oddometer:
    The tail end is really light, there's not much there. Aluminum tunnel, heat exchanger runs the length of it, and the track/skid.
    [​IMG]

There's some technique to it. Run the sled in, shove the tunnel over to one side of the bed/tailgate. Shove the ramp in on the other side. Pick the tunnel up and throw it on top of the ramp, then grab the ramp with the sled on it and center it up.
    [​IMG]
    tony the tiger, Maggot12 and sieg like this.
  20. phuzzygnu

Oddometer: