Lets Take a Ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Platypus-3in1, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
  2. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Photo by David Dodd ... This was the we are going the wrong way so lets make it a lunch break spot!

[​IMG]

3. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

This is my fastest ride ever! Don't laugh, it is a huge achievement for those of us who always are in the back. I don't have any plans to continue this pace in the future it was just one of those days. One where everything just clicked between me, the bike, the ground, the tires trying to hold onto the ground .... Near Perfect Day it was Nice!

4. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Well, this pandemic has messed up a lot of riding plans for a lot of us across the country and across the world for that matter!
    Plans, got a new one! The rallies I was scheduled to go to and the one I was sponsoring are pretty much off the table for me.

So, I GOTTA RIDE!

Figured it out!
    Jon and I are going to go proof this 900 mile loop I put together (probably closer to 1ooo) and along the way we are going to set up shots instead of just keeping the helmet cameras rolling from start to finish all day. We'll take some breaks and Vlogg a bit to go along with Jon's new Podcast ...
    Its a plan thats gonna keep us out there and I'm looking forward to it ... Just need this COVIS 19 to go fly a kite, jump in a lake, fizzle out, disappear, go away!

[​IMG]
  5. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
  6. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
  7. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Gone For A Ride:
    I think I might go work on making a longer video.
    Taking the summer to ride and put it all together ... I might post up a picture or two, maybe a video here and there but more likely it's "See you guys on the back side"

Take a ride,
    have FUN
    and
    I hope to see you guys out there!

8. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

Crazy hard day Jon & David! Wow!
  9. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    This is all the shorts stitched together from this Day Ride ...

10. Thunderbutt

Thunderbutt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome video, thanks for taking the time to put it all together and taking us along.
    From Scratch and Platypus-3in1 like this.
  11. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Thanks ThuderB ... Its Fun to ride then fun to edit but it is appreciated to hear that, thanks!

NEXT

12. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Great Weekend! ... Man it was GOOD to get out and see people - NORMAL PEOPLE ... I am still shocked at how LAID BACK people are in the country where the City Folk are just WEIRD right now during this COVID season ... It was like going from Mars to Earth for the weekend!

13. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Tyler T. Meeting the man in person ... 6’6” or something and built like Hulk Hogan! ... OK, nice, I’m riding with Thor today! ...But Wait, then the Off Road Skills on a KLR650 show up, no, not Thor, I’m riding with Chris Birch! ... WHAT, I’m riding with Chris Birch! ... But wait no, not, its Jeremiah Johnson, this guy comes to this creek, gets off the bike, walks out a few feet and catches a fish with one hand! ... Great Ride, I Thoroughly Enjoyed It! ... Good To Finally Meet Ya Trimmer!

14. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Wow, this one is an hour long folks and believe me I threw a lot of footage away from this ride ... Tuff ride for the bigger bikes on this one!

15. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
  16. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Great Day for a Ride ... Got up at 4:20AM, left home at 7:14AM got home at 9:26PM.
    I have never ridden this far on a bike in my life (it was a TAT day) I laid down in the road around 3PM and took a 2 minute nap.
    Being fully refreshed we were back at it!

Mofo Flake likes this.
  17. jeff2051

jeff2051 '13 1200GS, '15 XCF-W Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey guys I would love to come out your way and ride the area. I'm from Charlotte but recently moved to the tri cities area of TN. I'ver ridden most of the area from the TN line back east but want to come over toward your area now that I am closer. Watched some of your videos and read the threads too and STILL want to come out. I notice on the LTaR website that you do group rides open to the community at large so is there anything coming up? I haven't worked sinde March due to this virus thing so I have lots of time to ride!
  18. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Wow, you live in a great area to ride. If you haven't heard of it the red River Scramble is in the Daniel Boone Forest and thats a great rally ride. All our rides are canceled this year due to the virus. I am making spot calls on Wednesdays for a Saturday or Sunday ride and posting it up on FB. (FB/GROUP: Lets Take A Ride) Check in, say hi and come out on one of the rides!
  19. jeff2051

jeff2051 '13 1200GS, '15 XCF-W Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I just requested to join the group and hopefully will get hooked up with you guys for a ride. I am thinking of coming out this weekend to camp and ride so maybe you guys will be out there too
  20. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer: