Lets Take a Ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Platypus-3in1, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    COPPERHEAD ROAD

Mofo Flake likes this.
  2. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    2020 TKO Saturday Race #2 Uphill Swamp

Mofo Flake likes this.
  3. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    This was an Impromptu ride Capt'Jon put together a couple weeks back.

This is so much more in person! Video, pictures, they just don't get it! They always miss how steep and how loose the rocks are under your tires.

[​IMG]

When you are on the uphill side riding a bike down the fall away view into a steep, deep valley messes with your head!

[​IMG]

Courage is going even tho fear is present!

[​IMG]

Courage is going even tho falling down is highly probable!

[​IMG]

It is going anyways; even when you know somebody is filming the whole thing ... LOL!

[​IMG]

Sometimes, you get a mature rider who never shows it! Who makes everything look easy and does it on a bike thats twice as heavy as any other bike in the pack ... (however, it still takes courage)!

[​IMG]

There are those out there who can ride KLR650's and BMW GSA 1200's off road like a little woods bike. Me, personally I have only met two of them Kyle Pendergrast and Tyler Trimmer. It just is! Some people have advanced skills but whats super cool about it is they don't boast about it. They're just out having FUN with the rest of us!

[​IMG]

Courage coupled with wisdom is getting off a bike and walking it when everybody is watching you!

[​IMG]

The only draw back is it usually requires twice the work but it's followed by a great sense of accomplishment. Of course cancelling the work as this stays with you longer than just having ridden it down. (only those who have been there will understand this) LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Courage is multiplied somehow when its a woman on a bike in the woods on a downhill meat grinder. Do women that do this have more courage than men? Yes I believe they do!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is not a sport for everyone! For for those who do it its one of the best! Courage, adrenaline, scenery, fellowship and believe it or not peaceful in a most unexplainable way

[​IMG]

DUAL SPORT!
    Canyon Man and Mofo Flake like this.
  4. Reconstructed

Reconstructed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love it!
    Platypus-3in1 likes this.
  5. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Canyon Man and Mofo Flake like this.
  6. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Adventure: includes those moments when you want help, yet you don't really want anybody to see what you just did ... LOL ...
    (names of riders withheld to protect our permission to film them when ADV happens)

Yep! RIDE!

Mofo Flake likes this.
  7. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Riding Weather Is Upon Us Guys ... Get Out There And Ride!

8. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    BUMP :ear
  9. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    HA, hey ADK thanks for the bump!

Life can get so busy sometimes!
    I have not forgotten about this thread. I set a goal to go ride a 3k loop I pecked out on maps that travels thru TN, AL, MS, LA, AR & MO. Never even got started as Jon, Josh, Isabel and myself made the decision to put on 7 AMA sanctioned Rides in 2021.

As you can imagine I've been trying to find the time to scout proof all the tracks.
    This winter, I'm looking for time and decent weather to get out and tie up loose ends.
    Also I am in the process of designing and making (prototypes) a new line of Dual Sport Riding Gear (got an old sewing machine working on it right here beside me) Pretty Exciting, can hardly wait to have them ready!

A couple weeks back I had this Mini SD card fall out of my wallet (totally forgot I had it) and put this little 21 minute video together from the last AMA Ride we put on.

WARNING: This is not of the ride but from my perspective as a Support Truck Driver (probably not a good idea for you to pop an energy drink before watching LOL

Mofo Flake, ADK, JonBu and 1 other person like this.
  10. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    I Gotta Ride More!
    It's so easy to forget past rides and how much FUN they were.
    Meaning, I gotta ride up some fresh memories, fresh stories & FUN times!

Mofo Flake likes this.
  11. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Nothing Long Distance DS to report on lately. TN Winter's are not the best for that. A lot of us around here go into the woods when it gets cold out. This is South of me a couple hours. NATR (North Alabama Trail Riders)

ADK likes this.
  12. Reconstructed

Reconstructed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Keep it coming!
  13. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

WooHoo! ... A little over 4 weeks and the riding season is back in this part of the woods. Delivery trucks have been leaving packages on my doorstep lately with things like oil filters, calipers, feeler gauges, shims and other items indicating I gotta get to work. I'm not ready and yet I'm so ready!
    Mofo Flake and From Scratch like this.
  14. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Come out if you can Mofo Flake ... It's been too long!
    Mofo Flake likes this.
  15. Mofo Flake

Mofo Flake Incompetent off-road Supporter

Oddometer:
    It has been too long. I've got to get out of the house!
  16. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

We Ride (THE WHY)
    Capt'Jon nailed it with some Helmet Time!

I don't remember how many people thanked us for putting this ride on.
    What I do remember is how grateful I am for each one of you coming out to help us build the sport and the RIDE. Most importantly the FUN ... Thanks Everyone!

I've got two more tides to put on this spring & in the mean time I'm hoping to take you guys along on my scouting trip here
    hehehe Lets Take a Ride !!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
  17. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    There is a MULLIGAN discussion thread here on ADVrider Big Bike Tires that reaches far ... hehe

Canyon Man and Emgo like this.
  18. Canyon Man

Canyon Man "60% of the time, it works every time" Mr. Fantana

Oddometer:
    Laurel Hill WMA and Lake. I've ridden there, pretty peaceful place. Some fun creek crossings. I'm running my 2nd set of Shinko 804/805. For the price, they are hard to beat. I run them with heavy duty tubes, they are bitch to put on with just tire irons and my little arms. You may get a little lateral drift off road, but to me that's fun...usually,lol.
  19. Thunderbutt

Thunderbutt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I must have missed the video on the new bike! What happened to the old DR350? And I cant tell what the new bike is?

Anyway, thanks for another great video, they are part of my daily routine. Grab my cup of morning coffee, check my emails then immediately check to see where you guys are riding and what you have posted. Thanks again!
  20. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Two Bikes now. Capt'Jon got himself a V-Strom for the big bike rides we are putting on and yes he still has the DR350 for the more technical rides. The Videos are waining in number as I'm getting very busy scouting and putting on these rides. Two weeks back we did the Fall Hollow Ride and I'm still culling thru the 4 cameras we had rolling. Then the weekend after I needed to go scout our upcoming 2 day with 4 meals served in the woods on the ride RIDE ... Glad I did as I have to completely change the tracks and go back this weekend. Did do a video on that little adventure if you care to see it. Its not the ride but the building process if you will:
    Canyon Man likes this.