Lets Take a Ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Platypus-3in1, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Mofo Flake likes this.
  2. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

3. monjorrow

monjorrow Young n Dumb

Oddometer:
    If you ever need a chase vehicle or a way to carry more gear I have a plated RZR and would love to tag along on one of your adventures one day. I'm down to just a street bike so all my dirt is on 4 wheels for the time being.
    Platypus-3in1 likes this.
  4. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    If you could trade that in for a H1 Hummer we would be golden :)

I edit most of it out but we spend at least a half hour or more on plated paved HWY's and BYWAY's getting to and from our loops ... Its the true Dual Sport Package ... Super nice of you to offer tho, thanks

Spring Hill ... Nice ... I'm just up the road from you in Franklin!
  5. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    12 Days and Counting!

TELLICO PLAINS TENNESSEE here we come! ... It's the DIXIELAND DUAL SPORT MAY/10th MOTO HAYHEM ride,
    WooHoo!

New front shoe / a chain guide / back brake pads and I'm ready,
    Lets Take a Ride!

Mofo Flake likes this.
  6. Mofo Flake

Mofo Flake Incompetent off-road Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now you need to get yourself another klr so you can finish tires like that off!
  7. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    HA! ... I know RIGHT!
    On my KLR I would have forced another K out of it!

I've got two back to back (HWY/Interstate) Dixieland Dual Sport May Moto MaYham / Red River Scramble
    rallies coming up and one is 12 hours pavement round trip and the other 10 hours
  8. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Moto Flake's back yard ...

Nice!

Mofo Flake likes this.
  9. Mofo Flake

Oddometer:
    I was very impressed that the guy on the KLR (Hooper) made it that far.... Let alone how far he made it after that!

There was a.... Hiccup... That lead them that path to begin with.

Here's the Before picture:

[​IMG]

Here's the during picture (after several miles of me looking for what trail they went down):

[​IMG]

Here's the after:

[​IMG]

And yes... It's a proper after pic because that broken piece of brake lever is all he made it back with!
  10. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    I am bummed (watching) that I missed this ride
    Disclaimer: I was invited but (stupid) tricked me into not going (I really don't like that guy)

I would really, really like to ride with you on the next one!
    The rolling road was awesome to watch.

It looked like a FUN challenge for the bigger bikes
    and
    just a little less wet and I bet that is one Super (Bigger Bikes) FUN day of riding!

Hey Flake, Dave S., Sammy, Valorie & myself are joining a few people from the last ride up at the Red River Scramble this week ... Come ride with us!
    Mofo Flake likes this.
  11. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

Mofo Flake likes this.
  12. Mofo Flake

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving for RDV Wednesday after work, so I'm booked...

I'll touch base with y'all and we'll get together soon
  13. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Mofo Flake likes this.
  14. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    This is a 4 day camp and ride I got to do last weekend. I had heard about it the previous two years but couldn’t make it. Man I wanted to go so bad, so when I knew I was going to make it this year I was like a kid before Christmas leading up to it. I was packed two weeks out for it!

Every rally/ride I go on is always the best one I’ve ever been too and this one did not disappoint. The paved roads were like the Tail Of The Dragon in the Appalachians and the dirt was extremely challenging yet doable on the bigger bikes ... A perfect weekend of riding!

[​IMG]

One thing I’ve noticed about Dual Sport riders at rallies is that they sure do love their ADV Dogs. This is good indeed as thats what my wife asks for when I get home, its not let me see the ride. It’s let me see all the pictures of the babies (dogs).

[​IMG]

This barn was so cool! I had no idea it was there, we are trudging up and down stair steps with mud in between and BOOM! I suddenly see a barn sitting in the road! Literally the road goes right thru the barn! That was just Nice!!!

[​IMG]

This is the third year that Drew Faulkner put this rally on and the sponsors really came thru! There was so much being given away that I don’t think one person holding a raffle ticket didn’t get their number called ... and ... When they went up it was a choice “pick what you want from this pile or that stack! ... I gave Sammy’s wife Valorie my ticket and she won something on both of them!

[​IMG]

There were yellow roads, green, blue and RED roads ... Oh my, the red roads averaged one hour per one mile ... So Much FUN!

[​IMG]

I met some really cool people on this rally! This is Will here, he knew the area and led us down those Red Roads. One of them was considered to be the hardest road on the KAT (Kentucky Adventure Trail). it was so much FUN. We got back to camp exhausted and yet Krey Kenny told me seeing our tired lit up smiling faces rolling in was one of his favorite moments of the rally.
  15. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer: