Lets Take a Ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Platypus-3in1, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    ADVENTURE ... Dual Sport Motorcycle Riding Has It :)

4. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next ...
  5. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    The full ride from our Spring Group Rides

Mofo Flake likes this.
  6. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
  7. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
  8. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    I Love It! A Dual Sport (DR400) qualified at the 2019 Kenda Tennessee Knock Out "ENDURO" Race ....
    Nice!

9. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    Here it is Guy's the

MAIN EVENT

KnockOut Time ...

10. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

An unexpected, unplanned nine hour day of riding ... Its good (FUN) to have a bike!

11. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

What a good day this turned out to be! The night before I was up hours past my bedtime helping my sister-in-law move. So I told Capt’Jon no way for a ride tomorrow: I’m sleeping in!
    [​IMG]

Once I woke the weather was perfect for a ride. I texted Jon “Lets Take a Ride?” and NOTHING.
    [​IMG]

An hour latter (by now it’s 10AM) and Jon says “Lets Take a Ride!”
    Wow, one hour and fifteen minutes of interstate pounding away and I’m not even geared up! The scramble begins!
    [​IMG]

Twenty-four hours earlier, we weren’t sure we could ride as his XR was in the shop getting the carb rebuilt and the valves reseated. So, Jon hits the starter and nope. We got to inspecting it and found that the Acerbis Pet Cocks were flooding the bike.
    [​IMG]

That is probably the reason the bike went in the shop. No worries, it is what it is right! Plus knowing your new/used bike has a clean carb and seated valves to rely on makes it a true Honda again (reliable)!
    [​IMG]

So, sitting next to Jon’s bike is his wife’s bike, the ride continues! ... HA!
    [​IMG]

From Manchester we rode over to Sequatchie taking some nice twisty backroads.
    Being a naturally born scout, Jon was wanting to check out a popular Jeepers road in Coppinger’s Cove. Its the same road that the Trials Training Center is off of.
    [​IMG]

Jon and I had actually been there the weekend before watching and filming the KENDA Tennessee Knockout Enduro Races ... That was a good day indeed!
    [​IMG]

I gotta admit, I backed us outta there. I can’t even begin to describe what it feels like to ride a 500 pound bike over loose rocks the size of grapefruits!
    [​IMG]

Nope, for me the Jeepers can have that road all to themselves! From there we headed over to Coalmont a Jeepers playground with huge tracts of land set aside for OHV use.
    [​IMG]

Were not sure if thats still open or not but Jon had a little hidden jewel and that was where we were heading.
    [​IMG]

On the way it was raining. Naturally we were heading for mud once again; some VERY slippery mud!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No matter where what region you find it in, when your tires don’t go were pointed, its bad and yet FUN! How is that fun, I can’t explain it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a good day, a good ride, every ride without breaking stuff is a good ride right!
    [​IMG]

... but ...
    [​IMG]

Every now and then
    [​IMG]

there is a moment
    [​IMG]

a fraction of time
    [​IMG]

where
    [​IMG]

the ride
    [​IMG]

and the day
    [​IMG]

become perfect!
    [​IMG]

It was a hill climb right at the end
    [​IMG]

couldn’t have been more that 20 seconds of riding but it was perfect!
    Muddy, slippery but just the perfect slippery where only your rear tire breaks free here and there. It had these water breaks that launched you no more that twelve inches with air between your tires and the ground.
    When we both got to the top I told the Capt. that this was it! The whole day was just wrapped up in those 20 seconds of riding.
    [​IMG]

That is it, the reason we ride, those moments inside the helmet that slip into a perfect place!
    I’m ready to go find the next one ... Lets Take a Ride!

12. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

13. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    STRSS
    2019 RALLY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A,

DS Perspective ...

NOTE: My camera fell off my helmet at around 60MPH so all of the action footage and pictures will be slightly blurred, also the internal gimbal is broken.

I kept filming not knowing if it was even writing to the card and I’m glad I did! The ride is always FUN but getting to see it from an air conditioned view without all the sweat, without the 95 degree temperatures (& humidity) is FUN as well! Its like two rides in one really as I always see so much more on the camera than I did while surviving out there :)

Thats Someones Driveway BairdMan! ... Come on Mr. Steve, they ain't calling this the STRSS ride for nothing & I really, really think you should take point ... hehehe

[​IMG]

Steve and I got in trouble here! We went down, down ever down until we could not turn around ... Then we realized we were going to have to ride up that roller coaster hill on the other side to get out! ... (I think I remember Steve fussing at me more than once for getting us into that predicament)... I literally started a mental survival inventory of our water and Cliff bars to make it thru the night!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I came around the corner at the bottom of the hill and realized we didn't have to climb the WORST hill climb of my life! ... I was wishing I would have been a bit more brave and courageous just 10 minutes earlier ... I was up there looking down in the valley with thoughts like ("We're not gonna make it outta here" ... "What are we gonna do" ... "A’Oh were in trouble"... " We are survival camping")

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was thinking about Capt'Jon. here! Its always good to have one of those guys on a ride with ya! That guy with no fear who forges thru any obstacle to find the way to safety ... Steve had fifty pounds of gear in his panniers (maybe fifty in each!). So after weighing our options we decided he should wait and I go down in the valley to check it out (not knowing if I could even turn around). I literally thought, we need the Capt' as I was a reluctant hero at best, putting life and bike in jeopardy and all! ... However, I felt a little proud wearing his boots for the day .... HE CAN HAVE THEM BACK NOW!

[​IMG]
  14. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

Mofo Flake likes this.
  15. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

Perspective ... FUN
    [​IMG]
    Mofo Flake likes this.
  16. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    WooHoo ... Heading back down to the Tennessee, Alabama line again with some great friends!
    Last year we were 14 and this year we have opened it up to 100 riders

This should be FUN
    Jon, Briley & Chris went down last weekend to ride some of the roads we haven't seen in a while to make sure they are good to go before everybody gets here
    4 Days and Counting
    Lets Take a Ride

Mofo Flake likes this.
  17. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

See You Guys This Weekend ... WooHoo!
    Mofo Flake likes this.
  18. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

Mofo Flake likes this.