Lets Take a Ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Platypus-3in1, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:

With cracked ribs and all I still got to go to a rally ... WooHoo!

Mofo Flake likes this.
  2. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer:
    This is the Alabama Tennessee Line 2019 Fall Ride in "pictures"
    and the
    Land Between The Lakes 2019 Fall Ride in "video".

[​IMG]

Introductions ... This is Sammy & Valorie's home away from home and I guess you could say ours as well. Every time we go on

[​IMG]
    one of these group rides, everybody always ends up at this RV. Sammy has one of those cowboy kettle cookers and man can he make some good biscuits. Now Valorie has breakfast cooking skills to match and she always brings home made preserves. The Pear Jelly is crazy good! ... You can't buy good like that in a grocery store!

[​IMG]
    That is SuperDan leaning out to avoid the blackberry thorns. We call him SuperDan because he rides a KLR650 with street tires on all these trips and and easily keeps up with every rider ... That includes the KTM 2-strokes in mud, clay, sand, crazy hill climbs and places many fear to tread! :)

[​IMG]
    Chris F. here on the Beta ... Oh my, this man often brings his KTM990KATOOM out here and its hard to see for all the dust and the fact that he is probably already waiting for you at the end of the trail.

[​IMG]
    Jerry W. B. solid as a rock ... Great guy! ... He is like the tortious but on steroids, he is always at the front of the pack yet his riding style is slow is fast. It Works!

[​IMG]
    Thats me, I'm still learning how to ride!

[​IMG]
    Krey K. (Krey) what a unique name, you should meet the man! One of the truest Dual Sport Adventure Touring people I've ever met! Always up for a challenge to improve his self and his riding skills ... Always a Great Guy ... A Rarity Indeed!

[​IMG]
    I first hit this hill without repairing my mind to take it to the top. I dropped the bike here last March and the spot I dropped it was foremost in my thoughts .... Well, of course thats were I went, same spot of focus and dropped it!

[​IMG]
    Its good to have friends! These guys (Dave S. & Krey K.) got me up and up the hill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I took a grapefruit sized rock in my ribs on this fall ... Right side, two inches from my spine, third rib from the bottom. Just after this climb was another one and I was winded, not ready mentally from the fall and from a physical wrestling match with the big 1090. I dropped it again, slid into a rut, hit a rock that stopped me cold. There was no ground under my feet when I reached down and bam I landed on (get this) a grapefruit sized domed rock on my right side rib, two inches from my spine, third one from the bottom. This time it cracked (or broke)

[​IMG]
    They helped me pick up the bike and I rode this road out which was my last ride for the weekend .... I still had a great time tho!

[​IMG]
    Jon B. (a.k.a. Capt'Jon) is riding a Honda XR650L this year coming off of a first Gen. KLR650 and this bike is way more nimble, lighter and faster to top speeds than the KLR was ... The Capt' is definitely pushing it to the edge to see what it will do ... FUN :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mofo Flake likes this.
  3. Platypus-3in1

Platypus-3in1 Looksee's

Oddometer: