Let's talk Rekluse RadiusX Auto-Clutch on the KTM 790 ADV

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by TrailTrauma, Oct 22, 2019.

1. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    If you're paying a grand, I need to send you to a better place to buy a Rekluse! Yes, I know, you wouldn't buy one regardless, but they just aren't that expensive.
  2. Dan D.

Dan D. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well after labor and travel time to his dealer/mechanic... :D
  3. AdvRonski

AdvRonski They call me......Ronski

Oddometer:
    Retail on the Radius Cx for the 450 is $1209 USD. I've done all my own work for the past 50 years, but did have to have the dealer do the software update on the 790.
    Back when you still could do it, I bought my new bikes in the shipping crate, but now with the liability concerns, and ECU lock codes, it's a tough sell to do that any more.
  4. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Ahhh - I wasn’t paying enough attention. I have the Core EXP3.0 on my 501; I don’t think the Radius CX version was out yet when I got mine. Interesting also that the Radius for the 450XCF is $100 more than the now-available Radius for the 501. The 450XCF is a beast of a motor to try and ride in the woods!
  5. AdvRonski

AdvRonski They call me......Ronski

Oddometer:
    The 450 might be a bit much for woods work, but it’s a great desert sled. As good as it is, riding it on the same trails as the 790 has given me a new appreciation of how remarkable the 790 is off-road. Riding my 950 was always quite a different experience than riding one of my dirt bikes, but, compared to the 450, riding the 790 seems very similar. Although the 450 can skim bigger, deeper whoops, in many situations the 790 can feel more planted and capable. Pretty surprising, considering the 790 weighs about twice as much.