Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. mms

mms n00b

Oddometer:
    @REV'IT! or others, would very much appreciate a comment on how do the Ridge and Trench compare one vs the other in warm (dry) weather? So, which one handles hot temperatures situations better?

Don’t have the opportunity to test them and don’t know the outcome of things like front zipper vs pocket vents, 3l vs 2l, nr vents, etc.
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    @Rev'IT, is the pant sizing similar between the Dominator 2 pants and the Cayenne Pro? Revzilla for example only carries the Dominator 2 down to a size M while they carry the Cayenne Pro down to a size S. Is this because the Cayenne runs a little larger? I currently own the Dominator 2 pants in a size M, just wondering what size is most likely to fit in the Cayenne. My Dominator pants are perhaps a tad big when not wearing any insulating layers, but the length is good.
  3. younger06

younger06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In my experience, the Cayenne pants run smaller than the Airwave 2 and Horizon 2 (by a good bit)
    Don't know about the Dominator......but it might be a pointer.
    REV'IT! and Motodisiac like this.
  4. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hey there,

Both jackets could potentially be used in warm weather but from the feedback we've gotten, the Ridge would be the superior choice due to the amount of ventilation it offers. When the front zipper is closed, it’s 100% waterproof. When open, it reveals a 3D mesh ventilation panel that will let in tons of air. More airflow comes in through the venting zippers at the upper arms and hot air can escape through the venting zippers at the back. We hope that helps you choose!

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  5. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey swimmer,

The Cayenne pants actually run a bit smaller than the Dominator 2 pants. So if you find the Dominator pants a bit roomie in the Medium size, the Cayenne Pro pants in Medium should fit you well.

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
    swimmer likes this.
  6. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Will the longer jacket-pant connection zipper be the same length on the Cayenne and Dominator pants?
  7. mms

mms n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you @REV'IT! , ordered the Ridge (you can attribute that sale to your effort:))
    Now looking for pants. Globe seems to heavy duty, and more for cold weather.
  8. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
  9. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    We'd love to hear what you think after you've had a chance to ride in the Ridge jacket for a while.

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  10. zgfiredude

zgfiredude RMAR

Oddometer:
  11. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    I have no interest in buying possibly counterfeit gloves from an unknown seller. Was just curious if REV'IT had a response to what the seller is up to.
    zgfiredude likes this.
  12. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey flei,

As they say, you get what you pay for! You guessed it correctly – these gloves are counterfeit and are being shipped from an unauthorized location in China. Do be aware (and please spread the word) that any gloves purchased from WhiskeyBravoMC.com or AliExpress are NOT genuine REV’IT! products and as such are not covered by any warranty or service terms. Our teams are working diligently to stop the flow of these products into the market, but In the meantime please do not purchase from either retailer!

Thanks,

REV'IT!
    deadflagblues, zgfiredude and flei like this.
  13. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
  14. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
  15. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Thanks. A reviewer on Revzilla made a comment about zippers not matching and of course didn't include any context so I wanted to make sure.
  16. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    A friend of mine ordered those whiskey bravo gloves and he got them within a few weeks. Unfortunately there’s a tag denoting them as women’s. Pretty sure Rev’It never assigned these gloves a gender.
  17. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    They actually do have SAND Ladies version, it was new for 2019. Regardless, Whiskey Bravo gloved are counterfeit.
    flux_capacitor likes this.
  18. markoni_zg

markoni_zg Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey markoni_zg,

It's hard to guess your jean size based on Adventure pant sizing. Our jean sizes are slightly larger than regular jean sizes. So whatever your regular jean size is, try ordering that or perhaps one size smaller if your regular jeans are a bit loose.

You can also refer to the attached size chart for reference.

Cheers,

REV'IT!

Attached Files:

20. StephenW

StephenW n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Rev'It.
    I just bought the Cayenne Pro jacket and pants. As April in Nova Scotia has some of the worst motorcycle weather in the world I have only had 3 opportunities to ride with it but I am generally very impressed. However I have noticed that when I close the lower leg zippers that they bind at about the top of the Rev'It logo on both sides. If I don't unzip it higher than this they operate smoothly. If it had been one side I would have assumed a defect but as it is both I thought maybe I'm missing something. Could you comment on this?

On another note, I have been looking at the Horizon 2 jacket and pants for my wife. When I picked up my Cayenne Pro suit I discovered a tag inside certifying the entire garment to En 17092-4:2017 Level A. I would have loved to know that before I bought it but I was very happy to find it there. I would love to know what level the Horizon 2 jacket and pants are certified to. I can't find the information on your website or anywhere on the internet for that matter.

Thanks for doing what you do.