Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hi StephenW,

Please shoot an e-mail with some photos of the issue you are having with your Cayenne Pro pants to sales@revitusa.com and we'd be happy to help you out.

As far as the rating on the Horizon suit, we believe it is the same rating as the Cayenne but we'll double check for you. Stand by...

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  2. FiveG

FiveG Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the older four-season version of the Cayenne Pro jacket and pants (with the removable thermal liner, as well as the waterproof liner). I'm considering doing a replacement. Is the current Cayenne Pro the same as the old one, but without the liner? And, in the current line up, what would be the equivalent? I've been tempted by the Goretex versions, but ....
  3. YouAreNotASlave

YouAreNotASlave Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @REV'IT! While we're on the topic of Cayenne Pro pants (which I got last week), what's with the closed crotch vent behind the zipper? I get the need for this for my Horizon 2 pants since it's for wet weather but shouldn't the dry weather Cayenne Pro have a crotch vent like a normal pair of pants? It's very annoying when going to the men's room.
    foothillsrider likes this.
  4. foothillsrider

foothillsrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just picked up a full Cayenne Pro suit and am seeing the same thing with the leg zipper binding. When you unzip the leg fully, the leg seems to flair out and it causes the zipper to want to fold up or something, basically it just makes the zipper bunch up and it makes it hard to zip back down as a result. I pull the bottom of the pant together and then stick my finger inside the flap at the very top to try and straighten the zipper back out to fix the binding problem. It isn't perfect but it helps. It's an annoying problem, no doubt, but I don't think the zippers are failing, the material just wants to fold the zipper up a bit or otherwise make it bind.
  5. foothillsrider

foothillsrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @REV'IT! I just picked up a new Cayenne Pro suit a couple weeks ago and got to really test it this past weekend in about 14hrs of hot (85-91F) and humid weather in the southeast US. Mostly happy with it, it definitely breathes better than my old Dainese gear and I LOVE that you guys are putting CE level 2 protection in at this price point (and below). I really do feel better protected in this suit than in my last one, and I'm really glad someone is pushing the the envelope on gear price vs safety performance.

A couple nitpicks/questions on fit. Was this suit designed to fit with a mid and base layer beneath it at all times? On the pants, the mediums fit me in the legs, but right up around the hip/crotch area they were very tight so I had to bump up to Large. As a result, I could put a base and heavy mid layer on and still have room in the legs, but the hip/crotch area fits correctly. I don't think I have an odd body shape, so wondering if there's a design philosophy at work that I don't fully understand. The arms in the jacket are the same way: the jacket in L fits me through my core, but I've got the arm cinches tightened as far as they'll go.
  6. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi FiveG,

We've changed the Cayenne jackets quite a bit. It's different in fit, layering system, venting, armor, it's pretty much a whole new jacket. It's more of a warm weather jacket now so if you're interested in a four-season Gore-Tex jacket, check out the Defender Pro, Dominator, Neptune 2 or Poseidon 2 jackets.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  7. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hello YouAreNotASlave,

In order for our garments to meet the highest CE Safety requirements, they have to be made to a certain spec. Having the Cayenne Pro pant zipper made in such manner is one of the required specs. Hopefully the reassurance of being in a top safety rated garment makes up for the slight inconvenience of the zipper :)

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  8. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi foorhillsrider,

We try to make our garments as versatile as possible so you can wear them with or without mid layers. We add adjustments to both jackets and pants that allow you to sinch the garments down if they are slightly loose fitting without any layers underneath. It's hard to make gear that fits everyone perfectly but we do our best to give people fitment options.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  9. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey ADVRiders!

It seems like warm weather took extra long to get here this year but it's finally starting to warm up! Are you guys ready for the summer heat? The Tornado suit is still one of our favorites for warm weather riding. The large weaved mesh allows for maximum airflow and comfort in hot weather.

Tornado 2.jpg Tornado.jpg
    mobygr likes this.
  10. FiveG

FiveG Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    In washing textile gear (like my ancient Cayenne Pro, for the first time), how do you recommend drying? Hang to dry? Dryer on gentle? Thanks.
  11. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi FiveG,

Both hang drying or dryer are fine. If your garment has a waterproof membrane, it's actually better to dry it in the dryer as the heat actually helps to restore the waterproofing of the outer shell or membrane.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  12. jphaxx

jphaxx Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    @REV'IT! Thanks for being active and answering questions. I've researching neck braces that are compatible with my Sand 3 jacket and am having a hell of a time trying to find a definitive answer. May I ask if you guys have a list of compatible neck braces? The website says moveo or leatt, but I'm wondering what model leatt has been tried with the Sand 3. Thank you! I'm a big rev'it fan boy as everything seems to be quality and long lasting.

Between my gf and I, we own the following:
    Sand 3 jacket
    Tornado 2 pants
    Dirt (3?) gloves
    Sand 3 gloves
    Ladies sand jacket
  13. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag n00b

Oddometer:
    Timely...I have the exact same question. Sand 3 and Airwave 2 jackets.
    jphaxx likes this.
  14. FearFas

FearFas n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi

I have been using a Poseidon Jacket and sand trousers for a few years now, and could not be happier. They never let me down. The problem is that i live in Barcelona, and when the temp. hits 30C i feel like im roasting inside the Poseidon, so i have to use an old dainese mesh jacket, that has served me well until i hit the tarmac..
    Its time now to get a summer jacket to use together with the sand pants.
    Between my favourites are the Tornado 2 and the Cayenne pro. But i cant decide which one to get...hence the questions.
    How good is the Cayenne pro with warm weathers +35C? Are the ventilations enough or do I have to get the cooling vest? Is it very heavy? How should it fight, tight or with some space for an inner layer? Im asking because in the poseidon I use a L, as it has the internal layer, but when i take it off L seems too big. I went to a REvit store in town, where they only had the M and the XL to try, the M fitted ok, but without any layer underneath, and the XL seemed too big. L size seems to be Sold out.
    Im looking for a jacket to use daily from home to work (about 10kms of highway), and during the weekend rides. In Barcelona it can get up to 40c in summer time, but when we get to the Pirinees (North of Barcelona, in the mountains, where it snows in the Winter), it goes down 10C lower than the city temp.
    I ride an f800gs, and most of my rides are off road, with the conmute time to get to the paths.

Thanks a lot
  15. Gadgetech

Gadgetech Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shout out to @REV'IT!, the gear kept me well protected and held up well in my accident! I was high sided off my bike and I slid down the road for some ways, not really sure how far but I'd say 20 feet or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    NZRalphy likes this.
  16. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi jphaxx and Poster Nutbag,

The jackets that are noted as compatible with a neck brace fit with our Moveo neck brace as well as the LeattĀ® STX Road.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  17. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi FearFas,

Since it sounds like you're primary looking for a good summer jacket, perhaps it's best to find a mesh one that fits perfectly without the need of a thick layer underneath. If you do want to have some sort of mid-layer for slightly cooler temperatures, our technical mid-layers such as the Climate 2 or Halo are really warm yet thin so they don't add too much bulk and could be comfortably worn under a fitted jacket.

As for the difference between the Tornado and Cayenne Pro, they both vent really well. The Cayenne Pro jacket is a lot more technical and does offer slightly better protection. It'll fit a bit smaller than your Poseidon jacket. Adding the coolest vest will enhance your comfort in warm weather even further. It works extremely well with mesh jackets and you will feel really cool air coming through. If you deal with summer time rain, the Tornado might be the better choice since it does include a waterproof liner. Can't go wrong either way, these are both great choices for summer riding :-)

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
    FearFas likes this.
  18. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi Gadgetch,

Thank you so much for sharing and we're so glad you're ok! As much as we hate to see riders crash, it feels great to hear that we played a part in keeping you injury free.

Ride safe,

REV'IT!
    Gadgetech likes this.
  19. FearFas

FearFas n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot for the answer. By Friday I will be getting the Cayenne pro.
    REV'IT! likes this.
  20. YouAreNotASlave

YouAreNotASlave Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @REV'IT! I had a fall and my Cayenne Pro pants are all ripped up on one side. Do you sell the pants by themselves (without the armor)? I want the same pair and obviously want to keep costs down; if I can re-use the armor from the old pair, which is still good, I'll just insert them into a new pair of Cayenne Pros.