Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hi YouAreNotASlave,

Sorry to hear about your fall :( Unfortunately we only sell the pants with armor. Perhaps you can talk to your local Rev'It! dealer about cutting you a good deal considering the circumstances. We're glad you're ok!

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  2. JeffPM

JeffPM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am looking for a new summer mesh/textile jacket. I have narrowed down my choices to Tornado 2, Cayenne Pro and the Offtrack. I am looking for a 3 season warm jacket and will be primarily on the street. I am looking for good armor, excellent abrasion resistance in the critical areas (forearm and elbows) and a zip out liner for wind stoppage and some water resistance.

Of these 3 I like the Offtrack the best but I am not sure it has enough abrasion resistance for use on the street. Some of the marketing terminology makes me think it is primarily an offroad jacket and not really designed for the rigors of the street. The Cayenne Pro is very nice, but a little more than I'd like to spend. Suggestions?
  3. OntarioHawk

OntarioHawk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Worth noting that the Cayenne Pro does not come with a liner, so factor that into cost as well. I dont think mine even has provisions to zip one into it, so you'll be stuck wearing independent layers. This isn't a big deal for me, but may be to others. I use outdoor gear that I already had for layering.
    REV'IT! and JeffPM like this.
  4. JeffPM

JeffPM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input OntarioHawk. I don't mind independent layers, I just found in previous hot weather jackets I had with zip in wind proof and water resistant liners, it really helped in the early mornings and on rides where the weather cooled off to stay warm. I will primarily use it for when temps get to upper 70s and beyond. If I do go with the Cayenne Pro I'll just pick up a liner from an outdoor store for those times I want a little more protection.

I appreciate your thoughts.
  5. Joe?

Joe? ... Supporter

Oddometer:
    @REV'IT! Thanks for keeping up with this thread, much appreciated. Any guidance on the differences between the Eclipse, Airwave 2, Wind, and GT-2 Air jackets?
    Looking for a new jacket for urban commuting; some highway speeds, mostly traffic and low speeds. Liner isn't necessary. Do any of them have zippers that run up the wrist like my old REV'IT! Phoenix Jacket (7 years and still going strong!)?
    REV'IT! likes this.
  6. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi JeffPM,

From a safety standpoint, the Cayenne Pro is definitely a great choice due to its armor and durability. However both the Offtrack and Tornado are rated for street use as well. If you like the Offtrack but want something with a slightly stronger material, you could consider the Sand 3. It's definitely an all season jacket with great ventilation and removable thermal and waterproof liners. With how versatile both the Offtrack and Sand 3 are, you're surely getting your money's worth.

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  7. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi Joe?,

There is not a huge difference between the jackets you mentioned. Essentially it comes down to which style and cut you like more. The Airwave 2 and Wind are pretty much the same jacket with Wind being an exclusive model specifically made for one retailer. Both jackets have a relaxed sport touring fit. Same with the Eclipse except it's even more toned-down stylistically. The GT-R Air 2 is a bit more sporty and has a more form-fitting cut.

As far as fit, the GT-R Air 2 would be the most similar to your Phoenix jacket however, the two jackets aren't really from the same category. If you are looking for a direct replacement for the Phoenix, check out the Ignition 3 or Mantis jackets. They are much closer to the jacket you have now.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
    Joe? likes this.
  8. Akiki

Akiki Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey @REVIT, I am trying to decide between the Poseidon and the Ridge, I curry ave a Tornad2 that I used while riding to Belize. That jacket is an xl and I find it fits pretty good in the shoulders but the waist feels like a balloon, how do the Poseidon and Ridhe compare?
  9. FiveG

FiveG Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, I know this seems rather premature, but when will RevIt be announcing/selling its fall/winter/4-season gear for 2019-20? I'm going on a 2 week trip in mid-October, and looking to know when I should start salivating at new gear.
  10. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi Akiki,

Both the Poseidon and Ridge have a much slimmer fit than the Tornado so you don't have to worry about it looking like a "balloon" at the waist.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  11. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi FiveG,

If you are leaving for your trip mid-October, you might have to "settle" for what's currently available in our collection. Any new fall/winter products usually don't hit the stores until late October or early November. What's coming out should be announce around September.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  12. FearFas

FearFas n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi @REVIT.

I have been using the Cayenne pro for 2 weeks and I'm extremely happy with it. The forecast for next week is 22-35c. That's why I'm looking to attach a water bladder. What's the recommendation about size/ brand. I've tried 3/2/1L and all of them seem to be too big.
    My jacket is L size.

Thanks.
  13. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi FearFas,

The Cayenne Pro is made to fit a 0.5L bladder. Specifically the REV'IT! USWE Hydrabag RR1 Hydration Bladders.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
    FearFas likes this.
  14. Etfireman

Etfireman n00b

Oddometer:
    +1 on the neck brace... Is it still being made? Is there a similar production by someone else (I know, boooo!) that will integrate with the Sand 3 jacket that stays on when the jacket is worn/removed?

Thanks!
  15. StephenW

StephenW n00b

Oddometer:
    I have questions about cleaning the Cayenne Pro jacket and pants. The tag inside the garment indicates it can be washed by hand, no bleach, no dryer no ironing. It also states the garment contains "none textile parts of animal origin" and to refer to the manual. In reference to that the manual says that textile garments that contain leather parts should be treated as leather garments. An additional tag in the garment states "Use special leather cleaning only", "Do not iron leather", "Wash separately" and "Dry on hanger". All this leaves me a little confused. Can I wash the garment? What is "special leather cleaning"? What care needs to be taken of the leather patches? Is there a particular detergent required for washing it? Once washed is there anything that needs to be done to the leather patches?
    deadflagblues likes this.
  16. deadflagblues

deadflagblues I need a new bike

Oddometer:
    Same. I picked up my new light grey Cayenne Pro jacket and pants yesterday. Wonder if they should be treated with any DWR spray before I take them out. In an effort to keep them somewhat clean.
  17. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

The neck brace compatible Rev'It! jackets may be used with the Leatt STX Road brace.

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  18. zaxrex

zaxrex I don't know. Do you know?

Oddometer:
    Hi, n00b checking in here!

Just bought a Sand3 jacket to replace the leather jacket I've had for 12 years. Quality is fantastic and it's a very well designed. Love it so far!

The only thing is that the sleeves are a bit long, but its manageable.
    REV'IT! likes this.
  19. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi there StephenW and deadflagblues,

The Cayenne Pro jacket and pants may be hand washed. It's best to get two different types of detergents, one that works well on textile and one that works best on suede and wash the suede parts separately. Then hang the jacket to dry. Using any Water Repellent products on a textile jacket that's not made from a waterproof and water repellent material won't do much. If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail us at info@revitusa.com

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  20. FearFas

FearFas n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi.

Regarding cleaning the Cayenne Pro. Last week, mine got totally covered with mud, dirt, etc. And the best and easiest way was to hit it with the power washer, now it looks better than new.