Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    Hey Rev'It, I have a suggestion.

You guys really need to put more ventilation holes in your back protectors, or redesign them as "mesh". Your RV series back protectors just simply don't flow enough air, especially if you compare it to something like the Dainese Pro Armor back protector, which is fully mesh and still CE level 2.

There are tons of back protectors which have much better airflow than yours, and yours leaves me with a very sweaty back on hot days, despite the fact I'm wearing your Tornado 2 (and previously the Airwave 2) mesh jacket.

Aside from that one gripe, I do love your gear.
  2. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the suggestion SRTie4k, we'll pass it along to our design team.

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  3. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey AdvRiders!

What do most of you wear under your riding gear during summer? Did you know that wearing proper moisture wicking base layers could tremendously increase your comfort in hot weather? It seems counterintuitive to put on extra layers in already hot conditions but we combine highly stretchable yarns with strategically placed engineered knitting patterns (following the so-called body mapping principle) to help draw moisture away from areas of the body that need it the most. By drawing moisture away from the body, it can quickly evaporate and keep the rider comfortable.

Check out our Airborne summer base layers.
    SS19_Social_campaign_FB_Flexgrid_Adventure_Layers-3.jpg
  4. deadflagblues

deadflagblues I need more bikes

Oddometer:
    Always rock Nike Dri-FIT under my gear.

Great pic! My friend owns the house in your advert.
  5. Frenchman83

Frenchman83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Under Armor Tech shirts and shorts
    REV'IT! likes this.
  6. brock29609

brock29609 '17 V-Strom 650 rider

Oddometer:
    Rev'it!, do you all sell your short connection zippers? That size appears to be impossible to buy in the USA.
  7. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Do you need both sides or just one side?
  8. brock29609

Oddometer:
    I don't have an immediate need for either, but I like to keep them around for when I add non-Rev'it items to my collection. Most of my stuff is Rev'it but some of it is not.
  9. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    If Rev'it won't help you out with this I probably have some extra zippers. Not sure if all the short length zippers are the same length between all clothing sizes (probably are) so you would have to let me know the length of your existing stuff you want to match to make sure my stuff is the same.
  10. brock29609

Oddometer:
    That would be great. The problem with Rev'it zippers is that they're the YKK Vislon 8VS. In America all our zippers are the 8V. The 8VS and 8V are incompatible.

I'm looking for 8" zippers, but I can easily shorten any that are longer. I have a little baggy full of zipper stops.
  11. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I'll look around this evening to make sure the ones I have are 8". Trust me, I know all about zipper matching issues.
  12. Goettens

Goettens Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought a pair of Revit Alaska Goretex gloves, the label on it is just like on this picture.

[​IMG]

Mine also says "Style: Summit H2O". Is this info correct? At first I thought it was mislabeled, it actually is a legit Revit Alaska Goretex. :dunno

Also, mine actually is a salesman sample too. Maybe it's a thing with those?

Edit: forget it, found an issue with the stitching, I am returning it.
  13. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Totally forgot about this. This measures 8". It's the stock Rev'it zipper. I only use the long zipper . Send me a pm with your address if you want it. I assume I am just stick it in an envelope.

Attached Files:

14. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    We don't usually sell these but if you need one at some point, feel free to contact our USA customer service and they'll be happy to help you out - info@revitusa.com

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  15. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Goettens,

Could you please let us know where these were purchased?

Thank you,
    REV'IT!
  16. glbtrekker

glbtrekker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @REV'IT! can you help me with a suggestion for the right adventure suit? I live in the southern part of the US and ride in conditions from freezing temperatures in the winter to upper 90’s in the summer. I ride a larger adv bike in all conditions from off-road to twisties and highspeed freeway usage. My three greatest concerns in order of importance are abrasion resistance, ventilation and fit.

I like the looks of the Sand 3 jacket and pants, but my concern is abrasion resistance as it’s only 500D in the knees and elbows?

Unfortunately, my local shops only carry the Wind Jacket, and the material on the elbows seemed to be incredibly thin, is the Sand 3 material a lot heavier? Or should I consider something else?

Also, what about fit? I’m 5’10” and #165, with a really short torso and very long and skinny legs (arms too ). I measure 39” Chest, 38” at the navel and #36 at the waist (I typically wear a size 34 waist…36 is usually too big). My inseam is 34.” What size would you recommend? Thanks!
  17. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:

I see you’re in East TN. I’d suggest a ride over to Eurosport Asheville. They have a good selection of Rev’It. I live in Atlanta and NOBODY stocks it here which is unbelievable to me. Also I wear a Sand 3 jacket and feel like it’s very well built and versatile too. Over 90 it’s not meshy enough but close. Good luck.
    glbtrekker and REV'IT! like this.
  18. NZRalphy

NZRalphy I'm not half as good as I think I thought I was

Oddometer:
    Hey gbltrekker I had the same issue and I the end went with the Dominator gtx. It is more expensive but gosh what a jacket! Super pleased. Note that it is heavy and took 6mth to soften.

Revzilla will allow free returns so order two different sizes and return the one that doesn't fit.
    glbtrekker and REV'IT! like this.
  19. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey glbtrekker,

Finding one jacket and pant combo that does absolutely everything is going to be tough. Since abrasion resistance is your highest priority, leather will serve you best. A jacket and pant combo like Ignition 3 will give you great abrasion resistance thanks to the leather in the high impact areas and versatility to wear in pretty much any weather conditions as it has large mesh panels for hot weather as well as a thermal and waterproof liners. If you prefer a combo that is more "Adventure" oriented, the Cayenne Pro combo also has leather at the high impact points for maximum abrasion resistance. Although this Combo is more summer oriented, you may be able to wear it year round with proper mid-layers made specifically to wear underneath jackets like Cayenne Pro.

Although jackets like Sand 3 don't have leather inserts, keep in mind that the PWR|shell 500D fabric is still highly durable. This material is our take on Cordura®. Consisting of 100% high-performance Polyamide yarns, PWR|shell takes the best properties of Cordura® - high melting point, tremendous tear- and abrasion-resistance. In addition, the CE-Level 2 SEEFLEX™ armor offers very large coverage and protects you from not just impact but road rash as well in case the exterior material does wear through.

As far as size and fit, it'll vary based on which garment you choose. If you have an idea on which combo you are leaning toward, let us know and we'll recommend a size. Otherwise, please refer to our size chart for reference.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  20. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey AdvRiders,

This year we've been following and documenting some extraordinary people and their epic motorcycle journeys. Meet James Barkman, a photographer, climber, rider, and thrill seeker who has called the road home for the last 5 years. His work and travels have taken him from the Arctic Circle to Afghanistan, and he has no plans of slowing down anytime soon. Living out of his 1976 VW bus, James is no stranger to life on the road and aspires to continue pursuing climbing expeditions and riding adventures around the world. To read a bit more about James' journey and hopefully get inspired to start a journey of your own, check out our blog.

pan-american-highway-CT-Photo-1-2-1-1150x600.jpg

Adventures await!

REV'IT!