1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. brando4905

brando4905 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rev’it,

Somehow my inquiry was overlooked. Would you please review post #1199??

Thanks!
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    @Rev'IT, are the Tornado 2 and Off Track jackets sized the same?
  3. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hi brando4905,

You can spot clean the mesh panels with a cloth or sponge and mild detergent. If a bit of water or detergent gets on the leather, just use a microfiber towel to wipe it off. We hope that helps!

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  4. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Not exactly. The Offtrack jacket is a lot more form fitting than Tornado 2. It's possible you'd still be the same size in both but expect a snugger fit from Offtrack.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  5. Gondul

Gondul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Morning @REV'IT!

Sent an email as instructed last week with a followup email on Monday (9/16) and have yet to receive a reply...any idea how long it takes to get a reply?
    Thanks!!
  6. pHudson

pHudson still riding

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for an understated, single-colour jacket that is NOT black, because a) I don't like black clothes, and b) I live in a hot and sunny climate where black quickly becomes downright uncomfortable. Here in Australia we don't seem to get the Ridge (which is muted but still has lines, I guess to show its tech credentials), and the Milburn seems to be unavailable.

The closest to my description is the Eclipse, but the brown appears to have colour blocks. Both the black and the silver versions look more monochrome, but the former violates my first condition, and the silver (off-white?) seems to be so light that it will get dirty very quickly. I have a Klim Induction but dislike the look. Does this mean I will need to go with (brown) leather?

Some background. I have a terrific year-old BMW Rallye jacket, so I've got the ADV rider look covered. Now I want something I can wear to a cafe or to church without the volume being cranked up to 11.
  7. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    This was the case. Same size just a bit closer fit with the Offtrack. Comparing both without insulted liners since those would never be used.

I noticed a very small selection of available Cayenne Pro pants available. Is there an updated version of these on the way?
  8. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi Gondul,

Sounds like our team got back to your e-mail late last week. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
    Gondul likes this.
  9. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hello mate (we always look for an opportunity to say that to an Australian :D ),

Although you're not wrong about a light color jacket such as the Eclipse getting dirty more than a darker color jacket, a textile jacket like that is actually fairly easy to maintain. The Eclipse is machine washable so once it gets a bit dirty, you can always just throw it in the wash.

We also have some jackets in our Urban collection that you may consider. Check out the Tracer Air or Worker shirts. If you'd rather stick with something from the Touring or Adventure collections, you could also consider the Trench GTX or Sand Urban.

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  10. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    No, no new Cayenne Pro model coming as of right now. All summer pieces tend to have low inventory toward the end of summer season. We'll be getting more soon.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
    Gondul likes this.
  11. SaAdvRider99

SaAdvRider99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will Rev'it bring back a neck brace?
  12. Gondul

Gondul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sure did... thanks!

My only two issues are trying to decide between the Cayenne and the Tornado for central Florida weather, I'm guessing the Tornado will be 'cooler', but I like the added protection in the Cayenne.

Regardless, there is no availability on most sites for both for my sizes, 3XL jacket and 3XL Short pants, I'd normally wear a 2XL based on your charts but I plan to use them as over-pants for commuting to work.
  13. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    I have brand new 3XL Cayenne jacket in Black if you want one. Please PM me.
    REV'IT! likes this.
  14. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    The Cayenne Pro and Tornado actually vent about the same and you're right, the Cayenne Pro does offer significantly more protection. Sounds like @Motodisiac has you covered on the size you need :thumb

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
    Gondul likes this.
  15. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi SaAdvRider99,

We don't know at the moment what the future of the neck brace is. We might have more information in early 2020. For now, we recommend the Leatt® STX Road neck brace as it's compatible with many of our adventure jackets.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
    SaAdvRider99 likes this.
  16. pHudson

pHudson still riding

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your reply. I went with the Tracer Air and level 2 back protector. Feels more substantial than I expected and has a nice relaxed drape. It isn't obviously a motorcycle jacket but feels good on the bike.
    REV'IT! likes this.
  17. crimean

crimean n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi. I wanted to buy Tornado 2 pants, but it seems that local storages have only extralarge sizes in stock, and one seller told me that those pants are probably not being produced any more. Is that true? If so, what would you recommend for the same budget with good ventilation?
  18. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey crimean,

The Tornado 2 pants have been out for a while and are about due for an update so there might be a new model coming soon :D As for something with good ventilation, if you don't mind not having the liner, check out the Airwave 2 or Cayenne Pro pants. Both vent extremely well.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  19. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey AdvRiders,

Here is another Rev'It! rider highlight. We are hoping these rider's stories will inspire you to set out on your own moto adventures.

Meet Bryan Fernandes. Along with his friends Alexis and Clement, he completed a journey from Paris to Iceland. Their adventure started with a 36 hour ride from Paris to northern Denmark. There they hopped on a fairy which took them to Seydisfjordur (we dare you to try to pronounce that :jack), the starting point of the Icelandic adventure. Iceland proved to be a beautiful but challenging ride with many unforeseen obstacles and situations. But that's what adventure rides are all about, right? Check out our blog for full details on their adventures.
    fixing-CT-Photo-1-3-1150x686.jpg
    wading-CT-Photo-1-3-1150x686.jpg

HAPPY RIDING,

REV'IT!
  20. mackdaddy

mackdaddy Finding my way Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello Revit,

I would like to known when will the Revit Expedition H20 boots be more readily available via USA distributors? Most sizes are on back order. If you ever need a tester for a review, please shoot me a message :clap