1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hey mackdaddy,

We are making a few changes to the new batch of Expedition H2O boots based on the feedback we got from our end users. At this time, we don't have an exact ETA on when they'll be done but it will be very soon and trust us, it'll be worth the wait :) We'll keep you in mind as a test rider :smooch

Cheers,

REV'IT!
    Ocho NA likes this.
  2. mackdaddy

mackdaddy Finding my way Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the reply.
  3. dogfm

dogfm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Rev’It!
    I have an Everest GTX jacket and pants. The Velcro on the cuffs of the jacket sleeves has scarred the sleeve material and the Velcro on the jacket front is now coming away from the jacket material. Two questions:
    How do I repair the jacket
    What is your equivalent jacket in terms of protection (I ride exclusively on road)
    Cheers from the UK
  4. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey dogfm,

It sounds like a fairly easy fix but we won't know for sure without seeing some photos. Could you please e-mail over a few images to info@revitusa.com and we'll see if we can answer your question better?

You can check out our current line of Gore-Tex products HERE. You'll have quite a few choices. For the highest level of protection, you can consider the Dominator GTX jacket. It's equipped with CE Level 2 armor. For something a bit more Urban, check out the Trench GTX jacket. It also has CE Level 2 armor and a removable thermal liner just like your Everest jacket. We hope that helps.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  5. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey ADVRiders,

What’s the secret to functional and happy hands in the colder months? Keeping them feeling good! Our lineup of winter gloves can ensure that the wind and water stay out, and the warmth stays in. Choose from various styles to fit your riding needs. Check out our winter glove collection.

winter-gloves-CT-Hero-1920x1032.jpg

Stay warm!

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
    mobygr likes this.
  6. ex-xt

ex-xt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    View attachment 1988679 Hi mates
    I am riding now with a off tracks suit. Like it, it a L jacket and a XL pants . The matter has always been to stay between these two sizes , so now it no so comfortable to weat the see soft chest and back WITT the liners . But no so important as i will ride mosty in Stan's.
    meaning hot conditions .
    I have an offer for a second hand urban sand XL . All i have read said : no way for chest protections . Is it right?
  7. antirich5

antirich5 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can Rev'It! talk a bit about the new Brooklyn urban jack and how it compars to other premium city jackets like the West End and Montague? Looking for something that can help surviving the outdoors in a lower manhattan winter, look good enough for a restaurant, and maybe an occassional cold ride here.

Girlfriend has the Williamsburg (for similar purposes) which was perfect the first winter she got it, now a year later (with minimal use) the material has faded in color and doesn't look as nice :-(
  8. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi ex-xt,

Yes that's correct, the Sand Urban jacket is not prepared for the chest protector. If you're set on getting the jacket, you can always find a stand alone chest protector and wear it underneath.

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
  9. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi antirich5,

We don't have a jacket called "Brooklyn" in our current US collection. Are you referring to something that's coming out in 2020? If so, details on those products won't be finalized until January of next year.

We do however have quite a few jackets in our current collection that meet your criteria. Check out our 2019 Fall/Winter Urban Collection HERE.

Happy Riding,
    REV'IT!
  10. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just found this thread recently as I just bought a pair of Sand 3 pants and was looking for jacket options. I searched the thread for tall and see that it has been brought up a few times for jackets but it doesn't look like anything has come of it. Will there be any tall sizes and if so, hopefully in medium and large sizes? I am 6'3" and 186 lbs with a 32" waist. I tried on a Sand 3 jacket in large and it was long enough in the arms just barely but a little loose even with both liners in and cinched up. If I took the liners out it would be flapping in the wind, the medium fit well in the chest and everywhere else but way too short in the arms.
  11. antirich5

antirich5 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I see that they're Euro only. Thought you might have some info on them before I order.

https://www.revitsport.com/en/jacket-montaigne-46788.html#001

https://www.revitsport.com/en/jacket-broadway-46800.html#014

https://www.revitsport.com/en/jacket-west-end-45482.html#001

again, mostly want to make sure neither of these don't loose their color and quality like her Rev'It! Willliamsburg jacket did. Was a bit of a disappointment, but at least it was on sale. These would all be retail, so i want to be sure.
  12. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi antirich5,

It is definitely not common for our products to fade their color. Of course things might slightly vary based on your frequency of use and riding conditions. We do offer a 2 year warranty with our products so if you feel a particular color faded unjustly quick, you can always submit a warranty claim. Please keep in mind that any products purchased outside of US will have to go through the origin of purchase warranty department.

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
  13. REV'IT!

Oddometer:

Hey there smithe,

We definitely feel your pain! Trying to find the perfect fit can be extremely frustrating. We've gotten several requests for Tall sizes in jackets and our designers are working on making it happen but as of right now, we don't know when that'll come to fruition.

If the medium size fits you near perfectly, one way to compensate for the short sleeve length is gauntlet gloves. They will cover whatever skin the jacket may expose. Have you tried that?

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
  14. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    You know I haven't really thought of that, I think there are one or two local dealers that carry REV'IT gear. I know what I will be doing tomorrow.
  15. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Or maybe not, there doesn't seem to be a dealer that carries REV'IT locally. Luckily I am traveling a bit the next few weeks and maybe those places will have dealers that carry it, that's how I got my pants.
    REV'IT! likes this.
  16. ex-xt

ex-xt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the answer ( protectors )
    I was using the "separate" solution before with a ( nice) back and chest from spidi .
    But the " one piece" answer is better for
    - handling the protectors in space
    -using one piece of stuff less , on a 20000 km ride it makes A difference .
    SO i will keep the off tracks solution .
    good protections, well fitted with the L jacket for hot conditions , same for pants ; light enough compared to others ...
    REV'IT! likes this.
  17. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Happy Friday ADVRiders!

Our Women’s ADV Team found themselves in the Canadian Rockies and experienced the bounty and beauty of British Columbia. Follow their journey as the ladies take a fleet of KTM 1090's through an epic adventure. Check out their full story HERE.

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
    Ocho NA likes this.
  18. doc4216

doc4216 Chronic High Fiver

Oddometer:
    REV'IT,

I am currently using my RADAR jacket which fits me perfectly. I would like to find a pair of pants that zip straight to the short jacket zipper. Are there specific pants that go with the RADAR model (preferably waterproof)?

Thanks!
  19. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty bummed that there are no tall sizes in the jackets, I tried on quite a few and I would need some seriously long gloves to make up the difference. Love the pants, medium tall, no one does that!
  20. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    @REV'IT! ,if I could make one suggestion for an improvement to the Offtrack jacket, replace the thermal liner with a thermal vest, like the Ignition. Given the jacket's hot weather leanings I think this would be more useful than the full thermal liner. Owning this jacket I find that as the weather cools I am wanting to make this jacket wind resistant without needing to make it insulated and a vest would adequately block the upper mesh portion of the jacket. The rain liner of course can block the wind but its a hassle to put in and with the flaps and snaps at the front ads complexity and bulk that are not needed just to block wind. A thermal vest would work much better and a person could still wear a thicker base layer if they wanted more insulation. I have another jacket, also Rev'it, for colder weather, but for a warm weather jacket like this I think a thermal vest would be more useful. The current thermal liner also adds a lot of annoying bulk to the arms.

Is there any chance the vest from the Ignition would attach to the Offtrack in an approximately similar size?