Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hi doc4216,

All Rev'It! jacket zippers are compatible with any Rev'It! pants. You can check out our full line of textile pants HERE. Some waterproof pants you can consider are Vapor 2, Commuter, or Enterprise 2.

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
    doc4216 likes this.
  2. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi swimmer,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it and will definitely take that into consideration. As of right now, all liner are jacket specific. Keep in mind that you could always opt for some of our stand-alone thermal mid-layers instead of the liners that come with the jacket. For example, our Storm mid-layer would be a great option for blocking the wind as it's made from a newly developed Hydratex® | Windbarrier® fabric. Although it's made for the cold weather, it's also very thin and does not add any unwanted bulk to your jacket.

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
  3. YellerDog

YellerDog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Rev’it! My wife is buying me some Boxxer H20 gloves from Revzilla on their Black Friday sale. I measured my hand circumference at 8” which your sizing chart recommends a SMALL. No way I wear a small anything. Have LARGE alpinestar gloves now. Also all the reviews I read on Rev’it! Gloves say they run small vs the sizing chart. Any idea if I should go with the MEDIUM or LARGE? thank you!

Second question. I have a Sand 3 jacket (that I love) for less than a year, and recently the zipper gets stuck about 3 inches from the bottom every time I Zip it on. Any recommendations? Zipper lube or something, it’s not really dirty. Thanks again.
  4. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi there YellerDog,

The Boxxer H2O gloves run pretty true to size so perhaps a Medium would fit you well. Thankfully Revzilla has an excellent exchange policy in case you need to go up to a Large :)

As for the Sand 3 jacket, if you've had it for less than two years then perhaps it is still under warranty and you could get the zipper repaired. If you've had it for longer than that, you can try a product called SnapStick which it a zipper specific lubricant. We hope that helps.

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
    YellerDog likes this.
  5. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey AdvRiders,

Meet Mandy & Pieter. Together they started a project called We Want Adventure about the three things they love: traveling, photography, and motorcycles. Preferably, all at once. While trying to decide where to go on their latest adventure, Mandy came across a stunning photo by a fellow photographer taken in Uganda. That's just where they decided to go and see what “The Land of the Free” had to offer. Read the first part of their adventure journal HERE.

wwa-3-CT-Photo-1-3-1150x686.jpg wwa-4-CT-Photo-1-3-1150x686.jpg

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
    No-Fret likes this.
  6. NZRalphy

NZRalphy I'm not half as good as I think I thought I was

Oddometer:
    Hi Rev'it team
    We have a heap of your motorcycle gear. We are super happy, and I am especially fond of the Dominator GTX jacket.

We wish, though, that my wife could get such high end jackets that I can buy. We miss the Lady Sand.

So to that point.... your Lady Horizon2 jacket is close - it is heavy fabric so we feel safe, has a water proof membrane bonded on, and fits great. It needs a wee bit of a change though, so can you add some arm and/or chest vents, and can we get it in your light grey colours? Please.

Ralph
  7. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi NZRalphy,

Thank you for your suggestions. We'll pass them along to our design team. Have you seen out Outback 3 jacket for women? It comes with both arm and large chest vents and it is made in a light grey color. Check it out!

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  8. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey AdvRiders,

We're here to tell you about the ULTIMATE ADVENTURE GIVEAWAY! We want you to start the new year off right, so we teamed up with ADV Pulse to create the Ultimate Adventure Holiday Giveaway! Enter for a chance to win a REV'IT! Poseidon 2 GTX suit, RawHyde Adventures Off-Road Training, Dunlop Motorcycle Tires, and more great prizes from top ADV brands! A total of $5,000 in prizes goes to one lucky winner. Follow the link to enter in seconds!

https://www.advpulse.com/sweeps/ultimate-adventure-holiday-giveaway-2019/

Good luck!

REV'IT!
  9. NZRalphy

NZRalphy I'm not half as good as I think I thought I was

Oddometer:
    Thank you..... but pink - really? Ralph
  10. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

We hope you are all enjoying the holidays. As many of you are battling the cold weather, remember to add some proper mid layers to your riding attire to stay warm and comfortable. As the name “mid” suggests, a mid layer of clothing is what sits between an outer shell and a base layer. Our mid layers provide comfort, as well as protection against the elements. For example, the Solar Jacket is purpose-built to block wind and repel rain. It also provides thermal protection because of the inclusion of PrimaLoft®. Mid layers complement REV’IT!’s clothing lineup as not all of our jackets are built with three layers. The two-layer jackets allow those who want flexibility and choice in terms of mid layers, especially when they’re touring in extreme temperatures. What’s also great about mid layers, especially with mid layer jackets like the Solar or Climate, is that they can be worn by themselves, while off the motorcycle. With plenty of pockets and a high comfort collar, as well as a wind catcher behind the front zipper, you’ll stay toasty warm when the temperatures drop.

7R9A6280.jpg

Stay warm out there!

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
  11. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I’ve been enjoying my Sand 3 suit. One thing I’ve run into that I am currently trying to find a good solution to is a functional secure and quick easy access spot for keyless proximity keys on the KTM 1290. The. Keyless system is not always 100% functional, so quick access to the key is sometimes necessary, but it also needs to be secured sufficiently. Also, I’ve found it must be on the left side of my body. The sand suit doesn’t have a proper zip secured pocket on the left side for this. The pant pocket on the right doesn’t allow quick access when sitting on the bike because the fabric folds over and/or is tight due to sitting and the pockets on the jacket don’t zip, but are Velcro and not fully secured.

A functional, easy access, secured, dedicated zip closed key pocket on the front left of jackets would work well for upcoming jackets to function well with the newer generations of bikes with keyless proximity activated ignitions.
    NZRalphy, younger06 and mobygr like this.
  12. JeffPM

JeffPM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will Rev'it have a booth, display, presence at the IMS show (Progressive motorcycle show) in Chicago this year?
  13. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi kevinA,

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll definitely pass it along to our design team. Although the front jacket pockets don't have a zip, they are very deep and the flap does safely secure with a snap and Velcro. We think your key would be pretty safe there :)

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  14. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi JeffPM,

Although we won't have a dedicated booth at IMS this year, there will be several vendors who carry our gear in attendance. For example, Revzilla will be displaying and selling a number of our products in their space at the show.

Happy New Year!

REV'IT!
    JeffPM likes this.
  15. flexiflyer

flexiflyer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not mentioned on the product sheets as having them but thought I would ask if the Defender Pro, Dominator or Sand 3 have pockets for chest protection ?
  16. deadflagblues

deadflagblues I need a new bike

Oddometer:
    Any Rev'it women's laminated Gore-Tex jackets/pants in the future? My girlfriend needs some ADV/Touring kit.
    NZRalphy and Luckycharms like this.
  17. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi flexiflyer,

Since the jacket models you mentioned are a bit older, they do not come prepared for the chest armor. Most of our new adventure models will be chest armor prepared though.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
    flexiflyer likes this.
  18. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

The only Gore-Tex jacket we currently have available for ladies is the Neptune GTX jacket. It has a removable GTX liner. If you prefer laminated Gore-Tex, depending on her size, she may be able to wear some of the men's jackets like the new Poseidon 2 for example. We're working on developing more female specific Adventure jackets.

Happy Riding,
    REV'IT!
  19. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone,

The wait is almost over! Our Spring/Summer 2020 Adventure collection is coming. When we launch, be ready to explore the great styles we offer to take you further. Here is a little sneak peek at one of the new items from our 2020 collection:

"

Happy Riding!

REV'IT!
    Ocho NA likes this.
  20. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Happy Tuesday ADVRiders!

How is the weather holding up at your home base? For those seeking solutions to staying dry in rainy weather, The Ridge jacket is still one of our favorite Gore-Tex jacket models. Taking you on a journey from the outback to the city and back again. No change of outfit required.

Ridge-GTX-jacket-stealth-CT-Hero-1920x1032.jpg

Stay dry and warm out there!

REV'IT!