1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. atc250r

atc250r Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In regards to the new Tornado 3 pants, what is all changed over the Tornado 2 model pants?
  2. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hey atc250r,

We improved the overall fit and style and made some improvements to the technical features as well such as a less bulky detachable hydratex®|Lite 2-in-1 liner, more flexible external material, calf adjustments and more reflective panels for better night time visibility.

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
    Cuchulainn likes this.
  3. victay

victay Enthusiastic Noob

Oddometer:
    If anyone has horizon 2 gear you might want to check the little magnetic knobs are on tight before you go riding. They are just threaded on and have a tendency to come loose. Have since put some locktite on mine after having to get one replaced after only a few days of ownership. 20200125_081724~2.jpg
    NZRalphy likes this.
  4. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hello AdvRiders,

We have some very exciting news! After years of participating in ADV and dual-sport events across North America, we decided to put the traditional rally model under a microscope and do what our collection designers do season after season: raise the bar! Welcome to very first REV’IT! Rides: The 2020 Adventure Rally in Mendocino, CA - taking place on May 15 - 17. We wanted to create an event close to nature, that riders could attend in total comfort, without having to haul the usual sleeping or cooking gear, so we partnered with the coastal glamping hub, Mendocino Grove, to truly set this apart from the usual ADV experience. We designed this rally to make any adventure possible. We’ve also laid out some experiences and routes, and will let you choose where the weekend takes you. For examples of some of the offerings at the REV’IT! Adventure Rally and to sign up, click here.

CT-Photo-1-3-1150x686.jpg
    darkstarmoto likes this.
  5. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag n00b

Oddometer:
    is Rev'It still producing a neck brace? There's reference that the Leatt STX is compatible with Rev'It-compatible jackets...do you still recommend that brace?
  6. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

Yes we are still recommending that particular LEATT neck brace but we do also have a new neck brace in the works! We'll release more information as soon as we can.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  7. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag n00b

Oddometer:
    Look forward to seeing it. However, with only a month or so till the weather breaks I may need to look to the LEATT.

Additional question - its unclear from your website how you various riding jeans fit. What model would you recommend for tall/thin (6' 2, 170lbs) in a slimmer fit?
    NZRalphy likes this.
  8. Moto Mikey

Moto Mikey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there any word on when a Sand 3 jacket and trousers replacement are coming? Are they planned for this year? I'm assuming they'll be labeled as Sand 4..
  9. DocPFFP

DocPFFP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any chance of getting bigger biceps in jackets? I'm a lifter, and as much as I love my Rev'it gear (I have a lot!), the arms could use some room!
  10. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    We have a variety of jeans that are slimmer fit. Check out some of our newest denim styles such as Detroit and Moto Jeans. Both run slim through the legs and come in long/tall sizes if you require that for your height.

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
  11. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi Moto Mikey,

At this time there are no plans for a Sand 4 jacket in 2020. But we did add similar models to our collection, such as the Offtrack jacket and pants. Check those out!

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  12. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey DocPFFP,

That a request we haven't received before :D We'll definitely pass it along to our designers but have you tried going up a size to get roomier sleeves and cinching the jacket down in places where it's a bit big?

Cheers,

REV'IT!
    mobygr likes this.
  13. DocPFFP

DocPFFP Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've tried, but not every jacket has that option.

I wear a Horizon suit for touring and commuting, Lombard jeans with an armored hoodie in the city, and an Airwave for summer. The airwave has teenager sized biceps.
  14. Kiwi61

Kiwi61 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey just wondering if you can fit Seeflex armour to the Lane jacket and if so what size. Mines a 52 jacket. Any advice??
  15. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

The armor pockets on the Lane jacket are smaller than what's required for SEEFLEX armor. We found most riders who wear Urban style jackets prefer low profile armor like SEESMART. But we get it, never hurts to have the extra protection :D

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  16. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey ADV Riders,

Meet Kris Fant. Kris is one of the members of the Rev'It! Women's Adventure Team and loves to travel and discover new roads. One of Kris' favorite destinations is riding Backcountry Discovery Routes with her husband. The California Backcountry Discovery Route South covers 820 miles (over 1,300 kilometers) of rugged two-track roads & otherworldly terrain. It’s one of the most challenging BDR routes to date. See the south-eastern region of California through Kris’ eyes as she tackles the CABDR. Kris' choice of gear for her adventures is the Tornado suit. Check out the all new Tornado 3 available for both men and ladies.

cabdr-4-CT-Photo-1-3-1150x686.jpg cabdr-5-CT-Photo-1-3-1150x686.jpg

Happy Riding,
    REV'IT!
  17. TrevorG

TrevorG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are you guys updating the defender or dominator lines any time soon?
  18. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

We know this is a difficult time for many of you and we hope you're staying safe and healthy. Staying put may be particularly hard for those of you who crave adventure. Stay positive as this all shall pass. For a little distraction and inspiration for your next adventure, check out our blog and start planning!

Take care,

REV'IT!
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  19. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi TrevorG,

We can't confirm updates to the Defender or Dominator models at this time as nothing's been finalized but they are due for some updates so stay tuned. We may have announcements on that soon :evil

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  20. atc250r

atc250r Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just bought a pair of Tornado 3 pants. I like them, except for the pocket design. I was expecting the zippers not be knuckle-scrapers like on the Tornado 2, but nope, same issue. Everytime I reach into the pockets my knuckles get scratched up, and that was a common complaint on the Tornado 2. I thought that would be addressed.

Anyway, onto fitment. The Size Small STD I got is a bit too long for my 5’-7” 145# body. Rev’It website says Tornado 3 is available in Small Short, but no North American retailer lists this size. Is it available in North America?

Small Short does appear available in the Airwave line. How similar is the Airwave to the Tornado?