Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hi atc250r,

Unfortunately the Tornado 3 pants are not available in size Small - Short in US. The knee armor in the Tornado pants is height adjustable and if you'd like, we'd be happy to recommend an authorized alterations facility for you if you'd like to get the pants shortened. The Airwave pants are very similar in fit and work in the same way as Tornado pants in hot temperatures. However the Airwave pants do not come with any removable liners.

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  2. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey ADVRiders!

A while back we announced our very first Adventure Rally in Mendocino, CA. Due to the current events, we decided to postpone the rally until 2021. It's unfortunate but we are excited to recreate our vision for you in a year. We look forward to seeing you down the road!

Cheers,

REV'IT!
    PaulBarton likes this.
  3. Joe?

Joe? ... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey @REV'IT!,

Two questions-
    On the Shift H20 Jacket- I'm XL by the size chart but worried it will run a little short (per a review on Revzilla- I know, taken with a grain of salt). Would 2XL be too large for someone 6' tall, ~210lb with a 43" chest and 33" waist?

Also looking for a full gauntlet, warmer weather, 100% waterproof gloves to replace my Phanton GTXs from 2014. Leather and dual cuff/wrist closure are preferred.

Thanks,

Joe
  4. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey Joe,

The Shift jacket has a sporty fit so regardless of the size, it is going to run a bit shorter in the torso. If you prefer a jacket that runs longer, you should consider something from our touring or adventure collections. For example the Tornado 3 jacket might be a good option.

As for the gloves, check out the Summit 3. Great choice for rainy warm weather rides.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
    JeffPM likes this.
  5. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Greetings AdvRiders,

As we take a pause and look forward to brighter days ahead, get inspired by stories about amazing people, thrilling adventures and epic tales with the power to keep you dreaming.

Check out our latest journal about the incredible lives of sisters Ilayda, Pinar and Deva Su and their moto adventure from Istanbul to Venezia.

md-dream-ride-1-CT-Photo-1-2-1-575x475.jpg

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  6. JeffPM

JeffPM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for some new riding pants. Three things are important for me: Protection, Decent hot weather venting and ability to keep out rain. I'll be primarily on paved roads but with some dirt road exploring. I see 5 of your products that seem to fit the bill but I'm having a lot of difficulty understanding the differences between models. I'm looking at Neptune 2, Poseidon 2, Defender Pro, Horizon 2 and the Globe. How do these models fill my needs? None of the marketing seems to speak to abrasion resistance in crash, they seem to focus on knee and hip armor and not abrasion resistance? Also, I am leaning towards a medium size long as I like extra length. Do the longs move the knee armor down or add length to the bottoms? TIA
  7. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi JeffPM,

Of the pants you mentioned, your best option considering your criteria would be either the Defender Pro or Poseidon 2. They offer the most protection and abrasion resistance. If you want something that's both waterproof but well vented as well, Gore-Tex is the way to go as the material offers breathable waterproofing. You will also find a good amount of vents on both pant styles.

As for your second question, different inseam sizes does change the placement of the knee armor.

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  8. calgaryjeff

calgaryjeff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What I would have loved to see in my new Offtrack Jacket was some snaps or other way to hold the front panels open without flapping in the wind when the zippers were fully undone. A Cayenne Pro that was larger than 3XL would have worked for me as well but alas, I like my beer.

Also, I'd like to find a true mesh overpant for Phoenix. I ride year round and ventilation is the key.....waterproof or even resistant....not important at all. That and a fully accessible overpant that I can put on and take off without removing my riding shoes. i.e. full length zippers up the side of the legs.

:cheers:
  9. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi calgaryjeff,

Thanks for reaching out. The Offtrack jacket does actually have a snap to hold the flap back when you have the chest vents open. If you tuck the flap to the inside, you should feel the snap.

We haven't had many request for a mesh overpant as during hot weather most riders opt to not wear multiple pant layers. Mesh venting works best in hot weather if the air flowing through hits the skin or a thin summer base layer directly. But'll we'll pass your request along to our design team nonetheless.

Cheers,

REV'IT!
  10. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone,

We all know heroes don’t always wear capes. Do you know an individual - or a group of individuals - who are making a difference during these turbulent times? If so, we want to hear about it. At REV’IT!, protecting motorcyclists is at the core of who we are and what we do. Right now, as we all face uncertainty, we want to appreciate, celebrate, and show our gratitude to those in your community that deserve some recognition. Those who are protecting the ones that are most vulnerable.

Share your stories of doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers. Civil service workers, active military, delivery drivers, food service professionals, and veterans helping to keep us safe. Your neighborhood essential workers, charities, community groups, or even your own local PPE delivery heroes.

REV'IT! will select 20 of the most uplifting stories and send a thank you in the best way we know how: $1,000 USD / €1,000 worth of motorcycle safety apparel to help keep each one of them safe.

Submit your nominations HERE

hometown-heroes-2-Blog-2560x1206.jpg
    Cheers,
    REV'IT!
    flatlandjohnny likes this.
  11. calgaryjeff

calgaryjeff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tip on the jacket. Being here in AZ, I haven't worn anything but shorts in years. Mesh pants would be perfect for my commute with shorts underneath. And colored something light. Black pants in direct 110 degree sun light is murder on the bare legs underneath........
    NZRalphy likes this.
  12. SenorCollin

SenorCollin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but I was looking for some guidance on what sized pads I should order. I am looking to update the pads in my Defender GTX jacket (old, I know) to the current seeflex CE level 2 pads. What would be the correct size elbow and shoulder pads?

Also, will a seeflex back pad ever be produced?
  13. Apex.AT

Apex.AT n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Revit,

Quick question for you.

Is the Cayenne pro jacket and pants being discontinued? Multiple online vendors suddenly seem to be out of stock of this particular pair of items and no one know when or if they will be receiving more.

Thank you
  14. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi SenorCollin,

Your best bet to make that work would be RV10 elbow armor and RV13 shoulder armor. There is no direct replacement for the Defender GTX jacket so you might have to make some modifications to make that work.

Cheers,
    REV'IT!
  15. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi Apex.AT,

The Cayenne Pro pants are definitely not discontinued. In fact, we have most standard sizes in stock in the black and sand/black colors. If your local dealer is out of stock, ask them to order them for you.

Happy Riding,

REV'IT!
  16. Iowa_ADV

Iowa_ADV I like pie Supporter

Oddometer:
    I purchased a Sand 3 jacket a couple weeks ago, my very first Rev'it purchase. I have purchased several Klim jackets in the past but this time, after reading many great reviews I thought I would give the Sand 3 a try. At the unboxing I was really impressed. It's a great looking jacket. However, the first time I attempted to unsnap the rain liner a snap popped off.

[​IMG]

On May 1 (the day I received the jacket) I sent an email to info@revitusa.com and included the pic above along with a pic of my receipt from the retailed............I still have not received a reply.

I know the COVID thing has everything backed up but I hope someone will get back to me. I really like the jacket. The design is awesome and it fits great. I don't want to return it to the retailer due to a failed snap. I can fix it myself if necessary, but the fact the snap popped off the very first time I attempted to unsnap it creates some concerns about the quality. Any help would be appreciated.
  17. Apex.AT

Apex.AT n00b

Oddometer:

I too tried emailing them several times over the past 3-4 weeks but never received a reply. They only replied when I sent a message through this forum. Good luck!
    Iowa_ADV likes this.
  18. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hi Iowa_ADV,

Sorry to hear about your Sand jacket. That's definitely an easy issue to fix through warranty. We'll give our warranty department a nudge to get back to you as soon as possible. Bare with them as the team is working with a skeleton crew during this time. We'd also recommend going through the dealer you made the purchase from as they have direct contact with the people who can help you.

Thanks for your patience,

REV'IT!
  19. Iowa_ADV

Iowa_ADV I like pie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your response. I called the retailer and they encouraged me to contact Rev'it. I'll wait to hear from one of your associates.
  20. chid

chid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Rev'It!

I just posted a new invention for a chain cleaning tool: ChainBath, but here I'm for a different ideas: Universal Back Rest.

I love long rides but my back is starting to hurt after 2 hours, ruining all the fun.

I designed a new comfort functionality that eliminates the back pain on long rides, it is easy to integrate in motorcycle apparel with minimum costs.

Would you help me find the right person to talk to for a possible collaboration?

Thanks
    chid