Lewisportusa.com still in business?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by fluffdad, Oct 5, 2018.

1. fluffdad

fluffdad Dual Spork Group W

Oddometer:
    So I ordered parts from lewisportusa.com in California a few weeks ago. They took my payment, i recieved an automated e-mail that they got the order, then a follow up that it was being processed. Ive tried contacting them a few times as instructed on there web site. No response.

So buyer beware i guess with these guys.
  2. Buschog

Buschog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pm your order information to me. I will probably see Mandy and Adrian this Sunday at our event. I'll forward it on to them, and show them this thread.
    laser17 likes this.
  3. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    Ordered from them lots of times without issues.

What did you order? There are a few things they have to get from Spain and they can take a little more time to get because it’s hard to stock all sizes/parts all the time... they can sell out of something.
  4. fluffdad

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Just fork seal set.
  5. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    My guess would be on a set of fork seals you just got hit with a sold out and have more on the way issue.

Had that on a seal I ordered recently but it still came, just took an extra week longer than I thought it would because it had to come from Spain.
  6. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had a order get lost one time. He was all over it. Even had me text a pic of my Reflex to his cell. I think this is a fluke thing
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  7. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    I've not had great luck dealing with Lewisport in the past so the PO's problem seems about on par with my experiences. That being said, I haven't used them in the past 8 years of so for that reason so don't know what their customer service has been like recently.
  8. Retired and lovin it

Retired and lovin it Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought a trials bike from them used and got parts many times always personal service and good folks. They are a small shop so be patient.
  9. fluffdad

Oddometer:
    Its fine. It just sucks cause i missed the last event cause of them.
  10. Wingboy

Wingboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    E-mailed 3x looking for parts.One reply,but no follow up.They post on facebook a lot.Disfunctional is the word i think.
    fluffdad likes this.
  11. nwcycle

nwcycle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just order direct from RYP
    markbxr400 and Huzband like this.
  12. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I've been waiting for a custom number plate graphics for about 7 months. After about a half a dozen phones and a couple of months, I thought I had it coming. But to their defense, I just gave up about 5 months ago. My luck has not been good ordering from them over the years.

They seem like nice people, obviously active in the sport and rare to have anyone trying to make a go in the trials market. I've never ragged to hard about them, but I'm just going not going to bother again.
    Brewtus and Norman Foley like this.
  13. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    My experience too.
    Brewtus likes this.
  14. markbxr400

markbxr400 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fully agree. Tried to order an extended exhaust shield from RYP for my Beta EVO 4T that burns holes in all my riding gear, leg, etc. They were out, but had already placed an order with KCF for more. They told me they'd contact me when they had more in stock. That was a month ago. Yesterday, received an email that they had received the shields, so I called and ordered one over the phone. Surprised they remembered me.

Great customer service in my book.
  15. Greebe

Greebe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried to order from Lewisport last year as well. They told me they had ordered my parts and that I would have them in a few weeks. Well after a lot of calls and three and a half months later and no parts, I finally told them to cancel the order. I then ordered from Splatshop in the UK (they had what I needed) and had the parts in three days. It is a small community, so I do not want to create any hard feelings, but I will not shop from Lewisport again, especially when RYP, JacksCycle, and Splatshop are so good to deal with.
  16. D2W

D2W Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a very similar experience to Greebe; an order placed with a back-ordered part (a Jitsie linkage protector plate) "expected in a few weeks" eventually encompassed many months before I canceled it. Mandy was pleasant to deal with as she did ship a critical part when I could wait no more for the outstanding items. I have yet to receive my refund after even more months. And similar to Greebe an order to the SplatShop resulted in the parts being shipped to my door in Canada in only 6 days. At the moment, the SplatShop has earned my future business.
  17. fluffdad

Oddometer:
    Ive tried calling and texting to get a refund aka- talk to a human but Nada.

I love thier manual section tho......

Yeap i re-ordered from tryalshop in NY and had what i needed 3 days.
    Jackscycles RYP. are the only real options and splatshop.
    Norman Foley and Brewtus like this.
  18. trialsage

trialsage n00b

Oddometer:
    We do monitor this site, but very rarely respond, in this instance we felt we should try and put a few things into perspective!

Firstly, we have been in the business of supplying both bikes / parts and information to the trials fraternity for over 35 years now, firstly in the UK (Scotland) for 8 years and now here in the USA--in the UK you could make a living out of the trials business alone-- here--not so much--so what we do here is out of "passion" for the sport-- we are NOT going to retire selling trials accessories here in the USA, never-the less we do try and do a professional job supplying bikes parts and advice. (We help MANY customers with tech help EVERY day--FOC!)

I do find it quite amazing how folks say they cant get a hold of us--there are 3 phone numbers on the website--2 email addresses and 2 text numbers -- at least 2 of the phone have answering capabilities ?

As far as parts are concerned, we can and do regularly run out of stock!--it is VERY difficult to have everything for every bike in every size and every color and every year available all the time !

We carry and inventory of parts and accessories in excess off 100 thousand dollars ALL the time and STILL run out of periodically--yes you may call the UK/Europe and get it in 3 days--as i stated previously they have a MUCH bigger customer base to make this possible--its really quite simple--we are only as good as our suppliers and sometimes to make stocking parts from overseas viable with import duties and the like we have to wait for big enough orders.

There are only 2 of us, and this year has been a very tough one on a personal family level with many trips back and forward to the UK taking care of an elderly ill parent, this is not an an excuse, just simple fact !

So we apologize if you have had to wait for your order --a simple call/text email asking were it is would have been answered ASAP.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank ALL our loyal customers for there continued support and we look forward to trying to help with whatever your trials needs are in the future.

Thank you,
    Nobade, Riddler990, noyolk and 13 others like this.
  19. Cascao

Cascao Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Splat shop is very good. Give them a try
  20. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    I love Lewisport. Nothing but good luck with them. They care about the trials community and go the extra mile to help people.
    DyrWolf likes this.