Lifetravelled- Aussie couple hitting the road to Argentina -in Argentina

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by lifetravelled, May 17, 2018.

1. danh600

danh600 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to see you guys doing good Josh.

How was adjusting back to the real world?
  2. lifetravelled

lifetravelled Been here awhile

Oddometer:

It’s been good, we have been back 9 months I think now, it has flown past pretty quick.
    Everyday Stef will send/show me a photo of where we were this time last year, so we are reliving our trip which is normally fun occasionally a bit depressing...

I am always planning our next big trip in the back ground but that’s a long way off and prob won’t be on a bike this time m.
    BillyGoat4130, 95Monster and mrsdnf like this.
  3. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    josh and stef. good to hear you guys are reintegrated back into the society and at the same time getting itchy for your next travel.

reading ride reports has dire consequences. i ended up quitting a good job to make my dreams a reality.

keep us updated.
    lifetravelled likes this.
  4. lifetravelled

Oddometer:

great stuff, what are you up to?
  5. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    currently traveling to manila and bangkok. i bought a bike on a whim in manila which i plan to ride here in southeast asia. not sure if it is practical or cost effective.

end of summer this year, i will continue my EU exploration from greece where i left off. onwards to the balkan countries.
    95Monster and lifetravelled like this.
  6. lifetravelled

Oddometer:
    Nice work!

SE Asia, your not far from our neck of the woods!!

SE Asia can be difficult getting bike in and out of certain countries, pays to do ur research, there is generally a way into most and certain borders easier than others.
    Stay safe and enjoy!
    NSFW, 95Monster and manshoon like this.
  7. manshoon

manshoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Out of all the places you visited, what was you and your wife's favorite ?
    lifetravelled and 95Monster like this.
  8. lifetravelled

Oddometer:

Very good question...

My top 3 from our motorbike portion are:

1. Colombia
    2. Mexico
    3. Argentina

Stefs are the same 3 maybe in a different order I’ll come back to u.

All 3 for similar and different reasons but the no 1:

Great people, seriously lovely people, super helpful genuine people. Not one did anyone try to rip us off.

I’ll outline each below shortly.
    knight and Kyron like this.
  9. lifetravelled

Oddometer:
    Number 3 Argentina.

we loved Argentina for many reasons...

People - super nice, lots of friendly chat at gas stations ect. We also stayed with an amazing couple Herman and Claudia, we met their son at the start of our trip and ended up selling our bike to them at the end of our trip.

Food - as those who have followed along know food is a big part of how we travel no matter where in the world. When we got Argentina we were able to get so many of the things we missed from home at great prices, yes its not as cheap as other countries but quality to price I would rate at the top.
    We could get great coffee, small goods and cheese which we hadn’t really seen in all of South America and great steak and wine.

Buenos Aries - one of our all time favourite cities, for such a large city we really loved it.
    manshoon, Kyron and mrsdnf like this.
  10. lifetravelled

Oddometer:
    Mexico -

seriously I loved Mexico, thinking about makes me think maybe it was my favourite...

The anxiety of entering Mexico by motorcycle were high, Stef and I had been to Cancun about 5 years ago and I have done a cruise down the west coast about 9 years ago but nothing like this, what were we getting ourselves in for, nothing could prepare us for what was to come....

People - bloody great people all over the whole country, even at the start when our Spanish was terrible to horrendous. The first 2 people we made contact with, customs guy and the lady we had to pay and the little window. Super nice, the customs guys was warning us about the weather and the hurricane that was ripping thru the Baja the next day, lucky we had @WilliamArcher helping us cross and explained what was going on.

We loved that no matter how big or small the town or city people gather in the square every night.

Food / everywhere we went great food, the best street food anywhere in the world and we had several fine dining meals which were outstanding

Nature, beaches, mountains and everything in between amazing.

Architecture/history - amazing

hotels - all but one excellent
    manshoon, roadcapDen, knight and 3 others like this.
  11. lifetravelled

Oddometer:
    Colombia -

Our first step into South America, we spent a month of our trip in Colombia and it loved it.

The people were all super helpful from start to finish and super friendly.

Out first night we stayed in a resort area only really visited by Colombians, so when we were struggling to adjust to Colombian Spanish the hotel found an English speaking Colombian guest to help us with anything we needed.

We got a bad flat in Colombia, 3 euro riders right straight past us on the side of the road on GSs, next min local rider pulls up and helps us sort our shit out. The best people.

The country has everything, stunning mountains, great beaches, the most amazing small colonial towns, Barichara is by far one of the coolest places we saw and it gets some day tourists but I think we were the only tourists staying overnight, it was hard work finding dinner that night.

Coffee triangle area another amazing area filled with small towns all worth visiting.

Great markets that I just loved to walk and buy fruit.

So much to love about this amazing country.

Fly in rent a bike and go and explore!
    manshoon, knight, Kyron and 6 others like this.
  12. vinrat

vinrat n00b

Oddometer:
    Awesome report guys. Loved reading it along with all the pics. Well done.
    lifetravelled likes this.
  13. lifetravelled

Oddometer:
    thanks vinrat