Lightning Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by chainslap, Jan 7, 2019.

1. chainslap

chainslap BlessedarethesicK Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Would a mod please merge all the damn lightning threads. :fpalm
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  2. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    Youtuber NewZeroland rides an LS-218 around the block.

I understand he wanted to be careful (and he should) but I wished he gave it more beans and see the front lift a little :D

Beautiful bikes.. hopefully more Strikes will be made available and shipped with full kW.
    Perhaps they will remain a boutique builder, but still glad these bikes exist and I hope that they break free from the negative perceptions they have recently brought on themselves.

I, for one, am still interested in buying a Strike, but am wary of placing an order for the time being until I have more assurances it will be produced and delivered in a timely manner with promised battery capacity. One thing though that is of major concern is the lack of traction control. For me, that is a must for an EM of this power. If it can’t be added, I’ll be buying a Zero or Enérgica as my next bike. Been watching and waiting patiently to see how Lightning’s production goes, and glad I have as during this past year, both Zero and Enérgica have upped the ante with some very respectable rides. Lightning has a potential buyer if the Strike reaches true production w/ TC by the time I am ready to turn in my Yamaha. Potential, as I feel more comfortable making a purchase from Zero or Enérgica as they are far more established and provide much more assurance that they aren’t going to close shop suddenly with no parts or service support. I have this feeling that they are teetering on profitability and are having difficulty producing even a single bike as spec’d. As to the question, why allow a relatively unknown youtuber ride and report.. well, I have my own conclusion. Still though, it’s nice to see they are still alive and the bikes exist. Wish them well and hope they can get a halo investor to help get production (and some good PR while they’re at it) going.
  3. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    Ahh.. the good ‘ol days..