1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Lil' Thumper NE Ohio Covered Bridge Tour

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by blimpman, Sep 3, 2007.

1. blimpman

blimpman Fla Trail & Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    So I am sitting around the house Sunday morning. I ask my wife... " Wanna go riding?" She says sure... " Where you wanna go?" I told her that a couple years ago I rode with a bunch of guys up in Ashtabula County and we toured the Covered Bridges in the county. I had dirt experience but most of the riders had none and hated dirt roads. ( All of us were riding Suzuki Volusia's) I was running up on everyone when they hit the dirt. :lol3 :lol3 Talk about being skiddish... I sold the Volusia 2 months later because I had the KLR650.

I said to my wife " Lets take that tour on the Lil' Thumpers " 30 minutes later we were off. In addition, we found several geocaches that were near the bridges. http://www.geocaching.com

210 miles round trip. I could have some of the names wrong. If I do, please PM me and I will correct them.

Bikes ready to roll. She rides an '06 XT225 and I ride a '92 XT225 Serow.

[​IMG]

Windsor Mills Bridge
    [​IMG]

Harpersfield Bridge
    [​IMG]

Our bikes just waited for us patiently
    [​IMG]

These guys lost their keys and were trying to fetch them with fishing poles.

[​IMG]

Mechanicsville Road Bridge
    [​IMG]

We had lunch at the oldest tavern in Ohio. Decent food, lots of memoribilia of Ohio history on the walls.
    [​IMG]

Riverdale Road Bridge ( I think)
    [​IMG]

Giddings Road Bridge
    [​IMG]

Doyle Road Bridge??
    [​IMG]

Netcher Road Bridge
    [​IMG]

Graham Road Bridge
    [​IMG]

South Denmark Road Bridge??
    [​IMG]

Root Road Bridge
    [​IMG]
    Benetka Road Bridge
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dewey Road Bridge
    [​IMG]
  2. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    Wow, this brings back memories. I grew up in Monroe Township. Left in 1985 to join the USAF. There's a "new" covered bridge on State Road about 1 mile from my parent's place. Built in 1983 to replace the rusted out iron bridge over Conneaut Creek. Looks like it's number 35-04-58.
    Caught a lot of smallmouth under there:D
    Ever been to one of the Covered Bridge pizza parlors? Made from actual bridges. I think there's 2 now, but the original is in North Kingsville near where 193 intersects US 20.
  3. Tetched

Tetched Local Village idiot

Oddometer:
    Hey Brian,cool trip.Looks like a beautiful day for a ride.Ohio has a nice population of covered bridges.Kay and I take off from time to time to see them also.where is the grand River Manor located,looks like a cool place.
    By the way,invitation is still open.
  4. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool, Brian!

You shoulda put the bike in more shots, then you'd have a nice stockpile of pictures for the Adv in OH photo tag game...
  5. lorazepam

lorazepam Two fisted burger

Oddometer:
    Great idea! might have to give that a try. There are several of them in Brown, Clermont, and Adams Counties as well. Might be a nice overnight trip.
  6. Outwardbound

Outwardbound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Blimpman...

The coordinates for these bridges, pleeeeze......

Oh yeah; how'd the seat work ?
  7. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  8. braindead0

braindead0 Head Fisherman

Oddometer:
    Hey, if you folks are every looking for company.. My wife rides and XT-225... I'm on a KLR650. We're in Canton... so anywhere in NEO is probably good!
  9. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great pix blimpman!!!!! I hate it though when they take a bridge and make a monument of it over grass?