List of gps incompatible with 2019-04-06 roll over bug

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by dddd, Apr 13, 2019.

1. dddd

dddd Long timer

Oddometer:
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Zumo 660 has a fix! Didn't even have breakfast, installed it, checked it, it works!!
    Garmin guys, if you are watching, THANKS a LOT and good job. Scoring a lot of points here.
    LSGiant and treysis like this.
  2. treysis

treysis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear!
    Care to share the new version number?
    And maybe someone who hasn't installed the update: copy the GCD or RGN update file?
  3. Menhir

Menhir Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed the update to my Zumo660 and, to test it, removed and replaced the battery.
    Now it's showing the wrong time...it reset it's clock to 8:00PM (I updated around 10:50AM) and has ticking away from there. :patch

So I turned it off and on again and now it's displaying properly.
    I'm guessing I just didn't give it time to establish a satellite connection. Ya know...I should have known that. I'm not getting enough sleep. :snore
  4. LQQK_OUT

LQQK_OUT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, the fix also worked for me. I have the Harley-Davidson RoadTech Zumo 660 version. While this device might have first been available in 2009, it was still being sold in the 2016 Harley-Davidson Genuine Parts & Accessories catalog. Anyways, on 05/30/2019 I contacted Garmin's OEM support and asked about a fix for this rollover issue. The technician told me they were working on a fix. I guess it was true.
  5. jojkoz

jojkoz n00b

Oddometer:
    China motorcycle waterproof 5" GPS unit with WINCE - have roll over problem too.

Bad date (1999) - and time.
    Navigation works well.

Because is china - I did not find update fix on it.[​IMG]
  6. jojkoz

jojkoz n00b

Oddometer:
    Another older china 4,3" GPS unit (have many brand names RAGE, Navitel G550, WAYTEQ XRIDER .........- have problem with ROLLOVER too.

WAYTEQ have update fix for his XRIDER which works well - but i dont know if it will work for others brand ( i think the firmware is the same - but on another brand from wayteq - you make it on your own risk.

WAYTEQ XRIDER fix - http://wayteq.hu/xrider-gps-rollover-patch-en

[​IMG]
  7. treysis

treysis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    TomTom just released an official fix for the Rider 2013/K4. Doesn't work properly with MiniLog 3rd party software, though. If you wanna use both, use my fix and the update, as the update seems to improve placement on the map (with the old version there seemed to be some shift from time to time).
  8. gps1990

gps1990 gps1990

Oddometer:
    I have two TomTom Rider v4 2013 (model #4GD00) that had WNRO issues, in that I could still use them for Navigation, but the clock and ETA were not correct.

Yesterday I downloaded updates from the TomTom website, and low and behold the clock on both has now worked for two days after syncing with the satellites.

Not sure yet if this is a permanent fix for the TomTom Rider v4 2013 WNRO issue, but it has surprisingly lasted two days! Keeping my fingers crossed.
  9. treysis

treysis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Why shouldn't it be a permanent fix? The update was specifically designed for that error.