Little Bikes, Big Desert II - Death Valley, 2012

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Country Doc, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Critt

Critt Rambling on

Oddometer:
    Just read the RR. Definitely makes one want to go out there! Interesting vest set-up you guys used.
  2. davesupreme

davesupreme grand poobah

Oddometer:
    how do you like that 'tekvest' you're wearing?.....
  3. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    The Tekvest is probably my favourite piece of dirt bike gear that I've ever bought. It's very pricey though. Made locally, a couple of hours from where I live here in Ontario.

However, I've abused it, raced it, toured with it, crashed it, worn it in all conditions - hot, humid, dry, cold, pouring wet...and it still functions brilliantly. I wanted something that would work with a neck brace but be easily removable so when I stopped trailside for a break, etc., I wouldn't be stuck wearing a compression suit. The pockets are useful and it vents way more than you'd guess as the armour is perforated. I had a couple of different compression suits and armoured jackets previously (everything from the Acerbis, RockGardn, Klim Adv Rally Jacket, BMW Rallye 2, etc. etc.), and for true aggressive dirt riding, I pick the Tekvest every time.

I have no affiliation at all with the company - but I love the product and if mine ever falls apart, which seems unlikely, I'll buy another straight away.

dc
  4. bigtrailie

bigtrailie Pursuing happiness

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting this epic ride review. I've also escaped the north country winters to enjoy the beauty of the Death Valley desert. Twice. It was some of the most memorable riding I've experienced. Thanks for posting this as it brought back some of those memories.