LiveWire a fail... so far

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by Snowbird, Oct 7, 2019.

1. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    And I no longer lament it at all.
    The other day I got to drive a Tesla, and play with all the features. Total blast. While the numbers don't place it at the top of the performance hill, it accelerates like nothing else I have ever driven, its instantaneous.

There are some putting a lot of effort in trolling the EV threads, trying to discredit them. They're clueless that the world is moving on to new things, and its not a bad thing.
    Traxx, yamalama, Brtp4 and 4 others like this.
  2. SocalRob

SocalRob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    City of LA requires wiring for electric car charging in new permit garages, and has for several years.
  3. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    Yeah.... NH doesn't. My house here was built in 89 so it certainly wouldn't. Fortunately, it came with 200A service. Makes it easy to put in a 100A sub panel for the main chargers and another sub panel for the shop.
  4. BigIron

BigIron Tenured Prof - Leghump U.

Oddometer:
    That’s because GM doesn’t have to concern itself with pesky business problems like turning a profit.

Don’t get me wrong, I actually like the idea of electric vehicles. But battery technology is a LONG way from prime time. I’ve considered an ebike but that market is warped due to incentives and hype. I’ll wait till the dust settles. I can buy a really nice ICE bike for the price of some ebikes.

And the electric motorcycle market isn’t much better. Zero? Sure if you’re ok with a limited (to say the least) dealer network, most of whom couldn’t tell you anything about the bike itself. Oh yeah, and 70 miles (maybe, if pop for all the extras) of range on the highway.

And for all of y’all that wouldn’t buy a LiveWire, fear not. It was never meant for you. HD said from the beginning it’s intended to be a high end intro to a new line. Since you guys wouldn’t be seen in an HD store anyway..,
    Traxx likes this.
  5. liberpolly

liberpolly Nu, shoyn, nudnick!

Oddometer:
    112 miles for SR/F, 141 for Black Forest.
  6. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    Waiting for the........
  7. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    Heh
  8. Traxx

Traxx Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Range ZERO DSR BLACK FOREST ZF14.4 ZERO DSR BLACK FOREST ZF14.4 +Power Tank
    City 157 miles (253 km) 196 miles (315 km)
    Highway, 55 mph (89 km/h) 88 miles (142 km) 110 miles (177 km)
    Combined 112 miles (180 km) 141 miles (227 km)
    Highway, 70 mph (113 km/h) 64 miles (103 km) 80 miles (129 km)
    Combined 91 miles (146 km) 114 miles (183 km)

For the SR/F
    Range Standard Premium

City 161 miles 161 miles
    Highway, 55 mph (89 km/h) 99 miles 99 miles
    Combined 123 miles 123 miles
    Highway, 70 mph (113 km/h) 82 miles 82 miles
    Combined 109 miles 109 miles

Fact check. https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-ds/ https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-srf/

Looks like the range is getting better at Interstate speeds, not quite there yet but.......soon. Smack a DCFC on the Zero Black forest and it may be something to look at.

For the LiveWire.

146 miles city range*
    The LiveWire™ motorcycle features a high-voltage battery (or RESS; Rechargeable Energy Storage System) composed of lithium-ion cells surrounded by a finned, cast-aluminum housing. The high-voltage battery provides 146 miles (235 km) of city range or 95 miles (152 km) of combined stop-and-go and highway range.**

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/livewire.html

Maybe the next version will be a BT, who knows. The Live Wire weighs in at 550ish, just think what you could do with another 300lbs of battery if you bump it up to the Touring bikes size/weight.
  9. liberpolly

Oddometer:
    Think about how much 300lbs of battery will cost.