Loadedpalooza v2.0

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Loadedagain, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    I don’t know what to say…. And my photos really do not do this ride justice. Absolutely incredible! Thanks to all you guys who came out and made this THE event of the year. You guys made “loadedpalooza v2.0”!

We rode in every condition imaginable… It rained…. It poured…. It snowed… and It did eventually get sunny! Mr Cob said it on the evening of night one… “If tomorrows ride is half as good as todays, this is going to be awesome, eh!” Well the ride the next day was better…. And the day after that was better again! I still have “the big stupid grin”.

It all started on Thursday evening at my place. Loadedwife (I didn’t have anything to do with it) pulled off a great meal for the 12 odd guys who came. We ate, we drank, we worked on KTM 950’s, and we slept.

(left)- Mr. Cob, configurationspace, creeper, godspeed
    [​IMG]

dr650bc having a good feed
    [​IMG]

Friday morning looked a little tough. It was raining cats and dogs, and it was fucking cold. We met at the beach near my place, and a shitload of guys were missing…. Oh great.

[​IMG]

By the time we got to horseshoe bay the ass draggers had got themselves out of bed and caught up to us.

[​IMG]

We rode on to Pemberton to have lunch, where we met up with manxman. At that point we decided we would alter the route… It was still monsooning, so we decided we would chase the blue hole in the cloud and head for the hills. Wise decision as it was gorgeous up there. Over the Hurley pass we went!

[​IMG]
    canuck
    [​IMG]
    Bikes…. creeper, and mike
    [​IMG]

Things were still a little damp from the rain….. The 950 did quite well through the puddles….

[​IMG]

The tiger did better!

[​IMG]

We stopped along the way a few times to check out the scenery and rest sore KTM asses. Loads of beautiful spots along the way.

[​IMG]

We rode into Lillooet late in the afternoon for a couple Martini, and a little bite to eat…… and rest up for day 2!

Myself and canuck
    [​IMG]

Creeper
    [​IMG]

Off for a nice meal….
    [​IMG]

Then godspeed got shitfaced pissed, liquored, drunk!. :evil
    [​IMG]
  2. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    more please! Looks awesome so far..one of these days :deal
  3. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    I am going to have to leave the pics from day 2 for Mr. Cob. I dumped all my gear at the hotel and went the “full light” way. Mr. Cob brought the camera, 40 litres of fuel, and a 2000lb bike. Then just for fun it snowed like crazy!

At this point I would like to introduce you to some pussy. There were riders, then there were the old guys. The rain, cold, and snow skeered :cry a few of the lads, so the stayed home, watched the soaps, and drank tea. Here is a photo of a few louts. We included a few riders in the shot also just to make the image worthwhile.

Mr. Cob, mike, dr650bc, Manxman, configurationspace, creeper, godspeed, canuck, cache
    [​IMG]

Creeper stopped speaking to me at that point and would only text me on his cel phone…. Jackass………. :flip

[​IMG]

Hope mr. Cob posts those pics soon……… after he does…. I will post day three!

You can go to my smugmug account if you’d like to see them now.

https://loadedagain.smugmug.com
  4. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    "Guys..... I'm not sure that is rideable.... Mr. Cob..... You go first!"

"Does euphoria mean i am hypothermic?"
  5. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :lol3

Excellent! :thumb
  6. Spanish Bob

Spanish Bob I dont know where I am.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

wow I have to stop ridin with the other trailer trash and spend some time with you guys!! Sophistication! :nod
  7. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Loaded my boy, the past few days, even with the cold and the rain, was the most fun I've had on a motorcycle in at least a decade.

The dirt roads were the best I've been on in years... everything from 70-mph sweepers to track-and-a-half rock fests, which literally went on for hours at a time.

Great thanks to Loaded for bringing the people and places together to make this ride happen. Couldn't have asked for a better ride... or more stellar riding companions.
  9. dirtrider

dirtrider Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. We did a 2 1/2 day ride in B.C. a couple of weeks ago.

The best part of this ride report so far is a picture of Creepers bike DIRTY!
    I thought he just used it for a prop to take photos of new products. :lol3
  10. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    He rode the shit out of that bike this weekend. My odometer read 1000km... Almost all of it was pretty angry, twisty, rocky stuff. For that whole 1000km he rode that bike like it was stolen! He's a farkin madman!
  11. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Ah' but, you were mere inches off my arse the vast majority of the time... waiting for my inevitable slide off the road, to waltz past me with a Loadedesque wave and grin :wave
  12. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    giggle giggle........ if they only knoew how true that is :clap
  13. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Bite me... you frustrated butt pirate :nod
  14. Cache

Cache Adventurer

Oddometer:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  15. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    Shadddup :flip

It is your hand on my ass in this pic.....

[​IMG]
  16. Cache

Cache Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That was a fantastic trip... 13 awesome guys, three days, three seasons, 1000 KMs of action packed adventure, beer, laughter, stinky farts, and to top it off, even got to watch the last half of the BC Edmonton game! WICKED!!!

Glad to hear all made it home A-OK. Thanks Loaded for hosting this fine event. I’ve got a perma-grin that will last until next years v.3!

:thumb :thumb
  17. Cache

Cache Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DOH. You're the one smilin big fella, you tell me! :smoke
  18. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Did "Loaded the butt pirate" mention that our Mr. Cache rides a Triumph Tiger like it was a good hunard' pound lighter? No? tisk, tisk...

Truth be told, every good gent on this ride qualifies as a A+ rider. Everyone pushed it, no one fell, (that I know of :wink: ) and one of our bleary band of executive transvestites, DR650BC, manhandled a stock 1000 V-Strom thru terrain most decidedly not V-strom friendly.
  19. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:
    Thanks again Loaded for hosting this great event. Enjoyed the riding and the riders, good guys all. Next years ride is already on my calendar.

Manxman
  20. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    The Bella Coola one? :evil