Locus

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by levain, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    On track recording, just curious what would be good settings for interval and time? I know the auto profile default is 20 Meters and 2 seconds. Also, is 100 M good for the min accuracy?
  2. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Go to "Settings", then "Miscellaneous", then "Track Color and Transparency" then "Advanced" you'll see a slider where you can set the transparency of the track. Should be able to set it so you can see the street names underneath.

Edit... Hmm, seems that maybe that will only work for importing any new tracks. For one that's in your DB already, once you start navigating just click on the nav panel at the top of the screen, then you can click on the "Settings" button and follow the rest of the steps.
  3. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    you're close...

each track /route / guidance can be d different color. set a full folders tracks to a color (and transparency) or each individual track/route as you like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Nice, being able to color code a group in a folder sure can come in handy. It really is sad how Garmin is lacking in something so useful like this. Hell, on the Montana, you can't even save your track to the SD card. :lol3 Never mind the fact you can't sort a group of tracks in the order you want, you got one option, that's location to where you are.
  5. NJ-Bill

NJ-Bill Life is good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Line Style - Arrows 3 solved my issue. It places the track adjacent to the road instead of on top of it.
    Thanks!
  6. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a way to do a via during navigation? Can't figure it out.
  7. NJ-Bill

Oddometer:
    I've accomplished this by generating a .gpx file externally (Basecamp) and importing it as a track. In Basecamp, y can add as many waypoints as desired to a route.
  8. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah. I was hoping more for if I search for something, and decide to add a stop in between start and finish. I know that I could plot the whole thing out, but that's not how I'd like to do it..
  9. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was looking for the same functionality over the weekend, but it appears Locus does not support it :(
  10. ohgood

Oddometer:
    Well, kind of.

Open the navigation dialogue. Instead of selecting "GPS" for the first point, use your waypoint, and then set the final desired destination.

It will route you from here to the waypoint, then on to the final.

Since you can have the route displayed at the same time, its easy to pick any of the routes points as "final" from your current navigation dialogue.

If you specifically want to use /avoid sections of roads, just use the route building options instead, and drop the points along your already showing route/track.

Another option is using the "guiding" feature for that one waypoint. I look down at each turn for the guiding, but only at stops.
  11. NJ-Bill

Oddometer:
    In two weeks, I am riding to Nova Scotia, which takes me through six states and two Canadian provinces. I purchased vector maps for all of these areas. I created a gpx route in Basecamp and imported it into Locus. Obviously, the route crosses multiple maps. When I view the route in Locus, only the active map is displayed. What happens when I am navigating this route and I come to the end of a state map? Does it automatically activate the appropriate map for the next state?

Edit: I created a route for each of the eight days of the trip; not one route for the entire trip.
  12. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    ohgood answered this in Post #25 of this thread :)
  13. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Yup, I normally ride through 3 states on most of my day rides, SC, NC, and TN. The maps auto load.
    marbee40 likes this.
  14. NJ-Bill

Oddometer:
    Perfect... thanks!
  15. WKUWIZ

WKUWIZ Riding the Highway Supporter

Oddometer:
    First, thanks to the Alabama Inmate Ohgood for all the skills he's developed using Locue Pro.

I purchased the advanced this week after a suggestion from Albie and TRZ Charlie. I like what I am learning but know it's going to take a while. I rode Tuesday night recording a track but then didn't save it! D'oh.

Question - If I have my phone (Galaxy S3 loaded with app) linked in to my helmet (Sena) and can listen to music, why does Locus Pro want to connect and cannot? Can I get turn by turn on an imported track through my headset via a setting? Keep in mind I have only had the app for about 5 days so go easy on the inmate!
  16. ohgood

Oddometer:

Thats really nice of you! sorry but Bluetooth stuff and selection of output devices via Bluetooth confounds me, so I skip it completely.

Other wise, rock n roll on :-)
  17. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Are you also using the S3 to connect as a phone? I use an iPhone for the phone side of things so my setup is a bit odd but it works fine with my Sena SMH10. First, I pair the S5 with the Sena using the mobile phone pairing setup, then I pair the iPhone using multi point pairing. With this setup I listen to music and GPS voice prompts from the S5, and I use the iPhone for phone calls and voice commands to Siri.
  18. NJ-Bill

Oddometer:
    I am doing well with Locus, especially offline navigation. Thanks to everyone here who provided guidance and encouragement.

The other day, while navigating to a destination, a notification popped up at the most inopportune time. It was a calendar reminder. Is there a way to force any notifications to the background while navigating?
  19. ohgood

Oddometer:
    There is a "full screen" option, I don't know of that will help or not. I run in airplane mode to keep from bouncing off cell tower fringes all day and heating up the phone.
  20. NJ-Bill

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I will look into that.