Lone Ranger Rides Again

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Nightstalker, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Nightstalker

Nightstalker YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer:
    I was going to take Freebird out on some trails today, and I actually waited for him to call! 11:30 the call comes, he's out, still hasn't fixed the oil leak on his DR.

So, I head out by myself. Couldn't have asked for a better day, actually, I guess it was a little hot, temps in the 70's.

There were some places with leaves still on the trees
    [​IMG]

Nice waterfall at an old quarry
    [​IMG]

Down at the beach
    [​IMG]

Another beach shot
    [​IMG]

The road to the quarry
    [​IMG]

Water crossing, there is an earthen damn in the back
    [​IMG]

Making way for the fire tower trail
    [​IMG]

On the fire tower trail. This is a great piece of trail, ATV width, mostly flat, easy enough for a big dually.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can actually ride through here. I pussied out and rode around.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sure glad I slowed down for this. Now you know how to justify good barkbusters for trail riding.
    [​IMG]
  2. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice report. I love the missing bark next to your bark busters. What mount are you using for your GPS??? Inquiring minds would like to know.
  3. Nightstalker

Nightstalker YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer:
    I'm using the old style Touratech. It is very effective at keeping the GPS on the bike, but vibration is a problem. The GPS gets zonked if the revs go above 6k RPM. I think the new style and more expensive version would do a much better job with the engine vibs.