Lone Rider Motobags

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Aztecking, Apr 17, 2018.

1. BadPanda

BadPanda Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is awesome! Please keep me posted. I will certainly buy a set. The like-keying is an added bonus! Also, not sure if there is a difference in the OEM racks between the GS and GSA, but just so I am able to be at the front of the line, I ride a 2018 GS Adventure. :)
  2. Gadget00

Gadget00 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Keep me posted a quick mount would convince me to order a set
    JamesFromNJ likes this.
  3. BadPanda

BadPanda Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It has been a few weeks since this was discussed. Lone.Rider, have you made any progress on this conceptual idea/awesome concept? I am still holding off with installing my MotoBags, as I had to install my Bumots 3 times, just last week to travel to an unsavoury part of town, and needed easier access to load up cargo (I use my bike as a regular driver and emotional/vacation platform). It pains me to say it, but as much as I want to use my MotoBags, I can not commit to such an install without the ability to "quickly and easily" swap them out for my hard cases.

For now, my MotoBag collection sits and collects dust until I can mount them easily...

But no pressure.... (if you believe that! :augie:augie:augie:augie)
    [​IMG]
  4. FranknStein7

FranknStein7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone mounted these to the SW-Motech Pro carrier? It's quick release, so mounting the bag to those racks seems like the best of both worlds. I saw earlier in the thread someone who mounted them to the Evo carrier, but that rack doesn't seem to be available for a lot of newer bikes. Lonerider's website says you have to drill some holes into the the plate if you are using the Pro carrier, but I am curious to find some more details about this process.
  5. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Funky Monkey Trunk

Oddometer:
    I posted a while back about the EVO racks. Work great.
    I can't imagine having to drill the metal plate since there are so many grooves in the back of the LR plate to mount them.
    The mounting points on the SW Motech rack are in the same place on the new pro racks just the design of the frame has changed.
    I would bet that the newer SW Motech racks would work equally well.

6. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you know if the LR racks will support anyone else's soft bags/backing plates that are on/off quick release?? If so, which ones,
    thanks
  7. Usmcdocj

Usmcdocj n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey, everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know about an experience I had with Lone Rider. I'm in the US and for their Black Friday sale I ordered a set of motobags. I waited until damn near the absolute last minute to order my bags. About a day and a half later Andi from Lone Rider called me directly to let me know their system had allowed them to oversell their stock. He apologized profusely, offered to refund my money immediately, and asked if there's any other way to make it right. We came up with an idea. The details of the deal aren't actually that important. What is important is that when something didn't go 100% correctly, one of the big wigs in the company picked up the telephone and gave me a call. No random customer service email, no random third-party call center. If I had any doubt about what kind of company these guys run, Andi answered that question for me. I was already pretty excited for the equipment and now I'm extremely excited to be a part of their journey! If you're on the fence and customer service matters to you, pull the trigger.
  8. HDKIII

HDKIII Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will ad my experience. I was lucky, I ordered the bags black Friday morning, and they arrived in PA on Tuesday.
    JamesFromNJ likes this.
  9. Usmcdocj

Usmcdocj n00b

Oddometer:
    Nice!

First impressions?
  10. Usmcdocj

Usmcdocj n00b

Oddometer:
    UPDATE:

My order was cancelled on December 11th... I'm assuming this is some kind of error, as we had made an agreement and I was ready to wait till January for my bags. Will keep you posted on future developments.
  11. HDKIII

HDKIII Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK, just got the bags mounted yesterday. I Love the bags, and appreciate the small details such as providing a ratchet wrench to help with the install, and the well thought out design of the bags. I watched the installation videos on the LoneRider website and they were helpful, but left out some details such as the order of the washers and lock washers...do they go above the clamps, under the claps etc. When I watched the videos, they didn't use most of the washers provided, so it was a little frustrating. One sheet with a few diagrams would have helped.

On the design side, LoneRider if you're listening, the straps on the side of the bags that are used to collapse the bags could be improved if there was a Molle strip on the bottom like there is on the top. That way instead of having to fiddle with folding the strap back on itself and trying to hook the g-hook around the strap, we could just extend the strap and hook it to a Molle strip on the other side of the bag. It would much easier and function better.

All in all, I love the bags and I am impressed with the quality.
    Lone.Rider and TownPump like this.
  12. Patlec

Patlec n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone, from France :clap

Has anyone tried to enter a full face or flip-up helmet, in the 38 liter model. Can it enter even with a little force ?
  13. HDKIII

HDKIII Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My Schuberth C4 Pro (med) fits easily in the 38L.
  14. Patlec

Patlec n00b

Oddometer:
    Yesssss that's good news :rayof
    Many thanks, I have the same helmet :thumb
  15. leenok

leenok Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any news on the quick release? Cheers Lee
    JamesFromNJ likes this.
  16. Usmcdocj

Usmcdocj n00b

Oddometer:

UPDATE:
    I was contacted and assured my order will go through as soon as the bags are made. Personal responses from the folks at the company make all the difference. Very excited.

2nd UPDATE:

RECEIVED MY BAGS!
    I've had them on the bike for couple weeks now I am in love. When the insider sale for the quick release came out and I bought mine and cannot wait for those to show up in July. Andrew, Anna, I cannot thank you too enough for all the customer service and contact not to mention the stellar product. I see your company growing fast! THANK YOU!
  17. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    I hear you... I think these will become redundant when we have the quick release that IS COMING SOON! lol

Cheers for your support mate.

Andrew
    JamesFromNJ likes this.
  18. JamesFromNJ

JamesFromNJ 2019 R1250GS

Oddometer:
    Can't wait for the Quick Release Release!!! I'm in line waiting!!!
  19. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    superfunkomatic likes this.
  20. JamesFromNJ

JamesFromNJ 2019 R1250GS

Oddometer:
    I ordered the quick release to put on my existing bags. Looking forward to it. Then I can switch between the alum and LR bags very easy.