Lone Rider Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Lone.Rider, Feb 24, 2018.

1. turtlespeed

turtlespeed Been here awhile

Oddometer:

try MOLLE Bottle holders. cheap enough and many designs to choose..

I have this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-B...366161?hash=item3fc84c0a11:g:BygAAOSwU1NdOSSl

for diff size bottles, this looks intresting:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Outdoor-Ta...hash=item593365a015:m:mw-286n7EMU3KQKvYibnbXg

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=molle+pouch
  2. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    We have made our MOLLE fit endless options on the MotoBags. But this is the Lone Rider thread for our developing own products. The question is, what size fuel bottles or water bottles do you carry?
  3. turtlespeed

turtlespeed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    oops.. i thought i was helping a lone rider with options ... :) my bad...

I generally don't carry fuel, but for water I carry ... 16 or 32 oz plastic disposable bottles. I am also contemplating carrying the collapsible water bottles.

I also like carrying hot tea... the wide mouth thermos you get in Costco...
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  4. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    I carry 2 under armor 24 oz. stainless steel thermos' presently in the soft top case, the msr bottle size, as long as it's open on top like you show should probably work
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  5. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I generally carry one litter disposable plastic water bottles, It would be very handy to have a way to carry those where if they leaked it wouldn't matter much. Be nice to carry two.
    But I also would like to able to carry my JetBoil stove in a "bottle" holder like this. It measures 4" diameter by 7" tall packed. Other brands of camp stoves that use the small propane bottles would be same dimeter but different height should fit.
  6. floalex

floalex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I carry the Primus 1,5 liters fuel bottle (in an enduristan holster)
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  7. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Funky Monkey Trunk

Oddometer:
    I use the ones in your photo.
  8. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. Will order some of these bottles and work the design around them.

Andrew
    AZQKR likes this.
  9. awalker14

awalker14 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any update on expected availability of a quick release/locking mount for the Motobags?
    Vado likes this.
  10. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Yep, the design concept is done, just need to get the engineering on the parts done and this is the hard part. I'll post some screenshots soon of the design.
  11. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to that for my 2012 r1200GS Andrew, thanks again for updating our present backing plates
  12. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:

Here is the draft.

Looking to use the hook system to fit the racks. Aluminum extrusion (or forged) with plastic inserts to adapt to the pipe size and lock it in place.

The locking system is a simple twist knob. I will need to order a lot of different ones to see how the locking really works. I would like it to lock automatically when you put the bag on the rack.

upload_2019-11-14_19-20-46.png upload_2019-11-14_19-21-50.png upload_2019-11-14_19-22-22.png upload_2019-11-14_19-21-6.png
  13. awalker14

awalker14 Adventurer

Oddometer:

That looks great. I’d be happy to beta test one when ready.
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  14. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Soon as they are available for my 2012 r1200GS, and we know the price, I'll likely be ordering them. Relative the auto locking feature, I don't think it's necessary and would keep it as simple as possible. The more complicated the mechanism, the more prone to failure down the road/.
    Thanks for the pictures and response.
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  15. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Just received some new designs I have been working on the past few months. This is crashbar bags for the new BMW R 1250 ADV bike.

So most crash bar bags are not waterproof, I have added a German-made TiZip that's truly waterproof (and truly expensive for us to buy) and not a Water-resistant zip with a storm flap.

These zips are used in drysuits for diving and keep the water out. They are 100% waterproof but a bit hard to use, and need regular lube maintenance.

This sample has a smaller zip puller then I will use on the final design. Will use a T shaped one as you can see on the last image.

It's attached with 8 velcro straps. Not that it's intended to be taken off, but velcro is easy to use and the bag can detach/attach quick.

I still need to drop a 1250GS on its side to see what happens to the bag with that much weight. It's so watertight it could blow a seam. If this is the case maybe a valve could be used. The only drawback I see with having a high-quality zip.

It has an inner pocket for storing small items, the bag is big enough to fit wet weather gear or a bike cover so a practical size. It has 5 litres volume.

Any other must-have features? Like custom pockets for items that normally go in this bag?

Nows the time I can design them in, this will be the last sample before production next month.

Cheers Andrew

upload_2019-11-19_14-11-30.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Crashbar bag 1250 GSA

upload_2019-11-19_14-3-21.png

5 Litre volume
    upload_2019-11-19_14-20-11.png

Attached Files:

PDXRider70, floalex and Mordster like this.
  16. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Vado and AZQKR like this.
  17. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    What one? Concept 1 or Concept 2?

In the last few weeks, I have been refining the quick-release Clip'n Ride system for the MotoBags. When I get your ideas I will make some 3D print them out and attache them to the bike.

We have currently narrowed it down to 3 options (Only showing two here). All have pros and cons, and some are easier to manufacture and some are cheaper to make.

Due to the massive amount of rack systems on the market, it is challenging to make one size fits all attachment system. But I think I have solved it. but let me know if you see some issues.

Here are some criteria that the attachment system must have:
    • Fit on all types of flat racks
    • Adjustable on the rack
    • Easy to attach and remove
    • Not rattle
    • Lockable
    • Durable
    • Simple to manufacture
    Concept 1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    upload_2020-1-4_10-8-22.png upload_2020-1-4_10-8-41.png upload_2020-1-4_10-8-53.png

Concept 2 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

upload_2020-1-4_10-10-20.png upload_2020-1-4_10-10-50.png upload_2020-1-4_10-11-0.png

What do you think is the best one?

Cheers,

Andrew

AZQKR, PDXRider70 and bozmotodual16 like this.
  18. bozmotodual16

bozmotodual16 GuttenTight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fantastic progress! Will study the options while looking at my Jesse racks.
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  19. floalex

floalex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

I would prefer option two.

Are you aware of the new Givi “Neutral” basis rack?
    IMG_2232.jpg
    I think it won’t work with option 1.

Best, Florian
  20. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    You have these ones?

May work but they have nobs, these will have to be removed

Cheers

Andrew

upload_2020-1-4_10-50-53.png