Lone Rider Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Lone.Rider, Feb 24, 2018.

1. cjmadura

cjmadura Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looked interesting but found a great price on a pair of Kriega OS32 bags.
    Since Lone Rider has gone dark on this forum for over 7 weeks and without any updates, I went with a tried and true vendor.

At least now I won't be tempted to buy a new set of hard boxes to swap out - I'll use the softbags for everything. A big plus was having the multi-use plate as well - Rotopax, different bag configs, etc.
    Lone.Rider and eddyturn like this.
  2. awalker14

awalker14 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hope everyone is well and coming out of their caves. Any update on the Clip n Ride system? Looking forward to putting them on my Motobags. Thanks.
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  3. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same here, hopefully Andrew sees this and responds on when the clip and ride adapters will be available
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  4. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Funky Monkey Trunk

Oddometer:
    There’s a video about their progress on their YOuTube channel. New design.
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  5. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Quick-release system update!

Quick Release Motorcycle Panniers. Fastest connection on the market?

An update on the current design and development of the coming Clip'nRide system for MotoBags. I (Andrew) talk about the developments and how it works with CAD and real 3D printed samples.

A little insight into how products are developed.

Feedback welcome till a week after the date of publishing. (I got to keep moving)

6. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Will be out in a week or so. :)
    superfunkomatic likes this.
  7. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Hi James, for some reason I don't get notifications when people post here, I must make a reminder to check in here every few days. I worked with Rotopax to add it to our new design too. Good luck with your new kit.
  8. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Just posted a video:
    AZQKR and Fosters like this.
  9. cjmadura

cjmadura Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought THIS design was a real winner - the best completely removable bag system on the market - basically a soft Hard Pannier.

[​IMG]

Instant removal of the bag, with a 10 second swap time between it and a hard pannier. EXACTLY what the market is missing. Only Bumot has that setup, but their Xtremada bags are pretty underwhelming, perhaps the worst soft bags I've seen. Bummer, as I love my Defender Panniers.

This new design is basically what Mosko Moto has been selling for years. A bag with a hard frame attached, that slips onto a hard-mounted plate on the luggage rack. Like the Mosko product, this new product doesn't allow mounting hard panniers without some wrench work. The attachment mechanism is certainly slicker than that of Mosko (auto-lock versus a twisting cam lock) and more secure but other than that it comes down to preference between the LR softbag and the MM softbag.

While I'm not a big fan of plates remaining on empty pannier frames, the Kreiga plates at least cover the luggage rack loop and look the best (at any rate they look the least bad). I was really looking forward to the system above so I'm pretty disappointed. Thanks to the world's response to Covid I'm still awaiting the arrival of my Kriega bags (2 months and counting!) so I'm not committed to them yet, but it looks like they're still the best system thanks to their modular design (no Molle needed) and their sharp styling - easily the best looking softbags.

Really nice work on the mechanism Andrew, and I'm sure you'll sell a ton of them - especially since you've enabled those with your product to retrofit the new system. That's awesome customer service!
    I was just hoping for a stand-alone soft pannier with all attached hardware being compatible with a luggage frame loop.

Thank you for the updates.
  10. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Estimated cost on the swap over to the removal system for my original system?

thanks
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  11. awalker14

awalker14 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any update available on possible release date of the MotoBag ClipnRide system being developed? Thanks!
  12. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Almost finished the samples that are getting tested now. I gave up on setting dates as soon as I say a date people expect it and there could be delays as per usual, like this pandemic. Makes things hard to zero in a specific date, but before the end on this year for sure, -Andrew
  13. Dannno

Dannno 200 Miles before breakfast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone.

I’m looking for some advice/instructions on closing the roll top lid.

I just got my LoneRider Motobags and like them so far. But mine do not have the lower strap on each end that attach to the strap on the roll-top. (See pic)

E43A3BF7-DEB6-4C5B-B874-84203A230654.jpeg 425B815C-8A17-44AE-911F-719F51E07D38.jpeg

Looking on the LR website, I see both versions. Strap and no strap. Do I clip the ends together and leave it over the top? Do I tuck the straps under the roll top? Do I clip them together before I roll? Or am I missing a piece?

Thanks.

Dan
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  14. PDXRider70

PDXRider70 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They go over the top and attach to each other. I will run grab a pic of mine. [​IMG]
  15. Dannno

Oddometer:

Perfect. Thank you. That’s exactly what I needed.

Dan
  16. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:

Hi Dan,

You can do as PDXRider70 did and that works fine. If you want a cleaner look, do the same as PDXRider70 suggests and then fold the buckle under and between the lock like in figure 3.
    I have attached a screenshot below and I made you a video:

Cheers, Andrew

upload_2020-7-28_13-8-3.png
    PDXRider70 likes this.
  17. PDXRider70

PDXRider70 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I should have mentioned that is how I do them when I am going to be getting in and out of the bags often, just faster. Normally, yes do them the other way.
  18. Dannno

Oddometer:
    A personalized instructional video. Outstanding! Thank you. It all makes sense.

Thank you both. Andrew I also sent you an email you can disregard.

Dan
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  19. sorio

sorio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pretty excited about the new quick release MotoBags, this was really the last feature I was waiting for. In the last Youtube update you (@Lone.Rider) mentioned a December release; are you guys planning pre-order and or special pricing?
  20. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Yer for sure. I will get the quoting finished and have more of an idea. It will be the shipping that adds a lot of cost too. But I for sure will sort a deal for inmates and current Motobag owners or guys that just brought the bags.
    sorio and AZQKR like this.