1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

Lone Rider Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Lone.Rider, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    The next generation in motorcycle LED lighting and safety for the 1250 GS has been made even better with the iconic headlight guard from Lone Rider.

More visibility means better safety!

For a limited time, we are opening up a pre-order for the new X design Lone Rider headlight guard with 20% off and free shipping too. Fits the new 2021 GS and GSA.

Click this link to order yours: https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.co...nture-lc-liquid-cooled?variant=32091596259443

Presale ends 30th November - We are already making them, and they will ship free worldwide in late December early January.

The next chance to order with this amount of discount is over a year away.

Best

Andrew, product design at Lone Rider

upload_2020-10-31_17-43-2.png

upload_2020-10-31_17-43-23.png upload_2020-10-31_17-43-41.png

upload_2020-10-31_17-43-59.png
    sorio likes this.
  2. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
  3. sorio

sorio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This looks pretty good; do you guys plan to make something similar for KTMs? Current offerings on the market is really underwhelming, for example: you cannot clean the headlight surface without removing the guard, which requires removing screws and even pre-filter on some models; no amber colors over the daylight running light. All headlight components are in a single housing, so replacement does not come cheap.
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  4. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    I have made a design for the 1290. But never finished it.

We need to for sure, all bikes!
    sorio and Nezgrath like this.
  5. sorio

sorio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @Lone.Rider I saw the Black Friday deal announcement; I assume the MotoBags are still the non-quick release versions; would it make sense to buy these and upgrade to quick release version or better to just wait for the quick release version to be released?
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  6. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    So, yer the quick release tooling is getting made now and it's taking way longer due to the damn virus blocking the supply chain, it's delayed by 5 months so far.

If you want a system you take out of the box and put on the bike then wait till Feb/March but full price.

If you buy the Motobags for BFCM (Black Friday Cyber Monday) I will make an "Upgrade Kit" for the current bags, we are not looking to make money off the upgrade kit, just sort current clients out so we are all happy. It's basically drilling 8 holes into the aluminum backplate with an M6 drill bit.

Black Friday is the only sale we have per year.

Not sure if this is any help. but let me know if you need to know anything else and ill get back to you, or mail me at "Andrew" then our domain name: lonerider-motorcycle.com
    Thanks
    sorio likes this.
  7. sorio

sorio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Andrew, appreciate the quick reply; yeah sorry to hear about the tooling, the virus really upended a lot of plans, hopefully you guys can sort it out during the winter.

I guess what I really wanted / should have asked is this: Any drawback of using the upgrade kit on the current version of Moto Bag (beyond fact that you need to drill the holes yourself) vs outright buying the new version when it is available?
  8. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    I would say the drawbacks are:

Removing the nuts and bolts to add the current parts and having to mark and drill the holes, waiting and ordering an "Upgrade" Kit with extra cost. I don't know the cost but we would need to look after current customers so we wouldn't make anything on it.

I just want to be honest. I personally don't think it would not be much of an issue to add the quick release system, I would say 30-60min. Took me about 20min each side making the prototype.

You would need: A drill, M6 drill bit. deburr tool or a bigger drill bit, a measure and a straight line. 8 Holes each bag.

I would include all the parts needed.

Hope this helps!

Kicking off black Friday tomorrow
    sorio likes this.
  9. sorio

sorio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great! Thanks for the detailed answer!
  10. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    sorio likes this.
  11. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Are there more detailed pics of the tail bag anywhere other than the 2 on the website? I’d like to see the interior, and how it looks mounted on a bike to get a better idea for size. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  12. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    I will need to get some asap. I have sent the product off to get photos made and it's taking a while for DHL to deliver it.

The interior has a divider and two pockets. It looks the same as the pannier pack as in the image below.

The tie-down system is with 5 lengths of webbing with G-Hooks, two each side and one to stop forward or back movement, it will not loosen and by far the best attachment there is (maybe rokstraps would give it a run for the money) But its the same system as you would use to tie down timber on your truck rook driving at 60 mph.

upload_2020-11-26_23-46-48.png
    flux_capacitor likes this.
  13. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    thanks for the detailed info! That actually helps visualize it better. It’s one of the better looking tail bags out there.

if y’all made a low profile waterproof tank bag I’d buy that too!
  14. BeachMoto

BeachMoto Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just placed an order for the GSA Tail Light Pounch and two Pannier Packs. Now I wait :-)
  15. flewrc

flewrc n00b

Oddometer:
    Just wondering if anyone is having difficulties in getting a tracking number from a order placed during the Black Friday sale recently? I have not received my tracking number yet from an order on Nov 29, 2020.

Thanks
    Fred
  16. sorio

sorio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For me I only had tracking numbers for a few items, but the packages actually contained other items (which did not have tracking numbers associated with them on the website). Best to ask support if you are concerned.
  17. flewrc

flewrc n00b

Oddometer:
    Yes, I (wife) has asked twice (email) and have been told the tracking will be sent within a couple of days. No joy yet.

18. BeachMoto

BeachMoto Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have bought a few items from them over the past couple of years. Speed is not one of their strengths but they do make quality products.

I ordered a headlight guard on September 9, 2019. It was shipped on 9/11/19 and arrived in Virginia on 10/22/19 - I knew it was coming from China so it was expected. I suspect with the volume of BF orders and complications of COVID, they must be working overtime to catch up. I ordered a few items during their BF sale that were "pre-orders" so I don't expect anything until March or so. It is a small company and I am spoiled by the speed of Amazon :D. I think their products are worth the wait.