1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Lone Rider Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Lone.Rider, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Howzit @GB, Yep the system is double layered. So we did a lot of testing and asking questions. There is a 50/50 split for a grill design or a clear design. The idea is that the grill is up all the time and when you ride at night or when the cops pull you over you can just lower the grill and the clear will still protect your headlight.

Its designed so you can have any combo you want, clear only, grill only or both. It's all interchangeable and modular... Pain in the ass to design and time-consuming process but it works well now.

We are asking the community to vote on the final grill design now

2. Boxerbreath

Boxerbreath 2017.5 GS Black Storm

Oddometer:
    Andrew, your e-mail address is coming back as 'not found'...
  3. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
  4. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    where does one vote on the final design?
    I'm waiting on your super rugged semi soft panniers. :lurk
  5. Boxerbreath

Oddometer:
  6. Boxerbreath

Oddometer:
    Best feature amongst others I see here are the ability to strap the bags flat when not in use.
    Can we get some more pics and specs on how it works of the bags collapsed, especially a rear view to show width?

"The MotoBags can be compressed when not in use. You just need to remove the board shown above."

[​IMG]
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  7. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
  8. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    I will track some down for ya mate. :thumbup
  9. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
  10. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Took some fancy photos yesterday testing out the new photobox studio. Came out well. Will post some more over the next weeks

This is the full kit grill + clear on webshop: https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.co...d-kit-bmw-r1200-gs-adventure-lc-liquid-cooled

HEADLIGHT GUARD KIT BMW R1200 GS / ADVENTURE LC (LIQUID COOLED)
    [​IMG]

Just the grill system on webshop: https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.co...ght-guard-bmw-r1200-gs-adventure-water-cooled

LONE RIDER GRILL HEADLIGHT GUARD BMW R1200 GS / ADVENTURE (WATER COOLED)
    [​IMG]

Cheers
  11. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    trc.rhubarb likes this.
  12. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Some of the features and technology built into the R1200 headlight guard. Sourced and developed from our own riding experience and the ADV community.

[​IMG]

Now available on the Lone Rider webshop.
    Full Kit: bit.ly/HeadlightGuardKit
    Grill Kit: bit.ly/GrillKit
  13. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Making it safer to ride at night.
    ✔️ Two layer protection
    ✔️ Foldable grill system
    ✔️ Polycarbonate night riding protection
    The ultimate headlight guard with 15 new features!

Now available on the Lone Rider webshop.
    Full Kit: bit.ly/HeadlightGuardKit
    Grill Kit: bit.ly/GrillKit
  14. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  15. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
  16. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Been working on a new tent that is custom made for ADV Riders. Added 17 motorcycle-centric features to the tent, from cable lock systems (So you can lock your gear inside the tent) sizing to fit all panniers and gear storage.

Its a 2 person tent, designed for adventure riders and long-term travelers, so the materials are stronger than a generic mountaineering tent. Many mountaineering tents have a "Lifetime guarantee" but in some cases, this is a calculated usage of only 50-60 nights. For the average ADV rider, they will reach this with ease.

I'd be keen to hear your experiences what features you think are a must-have for motorcycle camping tents. Get some feedback and build it into this tent.

Love to hear your suggestions and feedback.

Listed all the features on this page: https://lonerider-motorcycle.com/products/adventure-motorcycle-tent

Full fly cover, vented with low skirting and heaps of space to store gear

[​IMG]

Door open, extra big so you don't get caught up when getting in and out:

[​IMG]

Inner tent, this was an interesting one to design, the walls are vertical so you don't feel claustrophobic. Also, the walls have been raised for warmth but still lets enough airflow through for hot climates:

[​IMG]

The carry bag is water resistant so it can be strapped outside of the bike, and small enough to fit into common panniers. There are compression straps to save space and a hazard triangle warning oncoming traffic if you have to change a tire on the side of the road. It is free standing, but the tent poles work as a leg too.

[​IMG]

Other shots and features https://lonerider-motorcycle.com/products/adventure-motorcycle-tent

Love to hear your suggestions!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  17. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Developing artwork that will be printed on the tent, so far we have three types that we think people will like. Thinking a map of the USA, a map of Europe and a worldwide map. there will be a tent without a map too. As there are MOQ's (Minimum Order Quantities) It depends on the feedback we get from people on what designs will be produced.

USA map with the individual states, the idea is that you can "tick off" or map all the trips that you have made ADV riding around the US.

Here is an illustration of what it will look like on the new 2 person ADV tent scheduled to ship March 2019.

Wondering if it's better to add the state names too, not just the map outline? Texas, Colorado, Washington and so on...?

https://lonerider-motorcycle.com/products/adventure-motorcycle-tent?variant=16852722876531

[​IMG]
  18. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like it but most important to me is the liters it takes up fully compressed (tent poles stored elsewhere). I have 35L x 2 at my disposal and like having one dedicated to just camping
    1. Pad
    2. sleeping bag
    3. Pillow
    4. Tent
    5. tent floor / base tarp
    6. Helios

Not concerned with weight. I too am one of those people who have had every expensive tent last me one year at most. Luckily, REI's 1 year no questions asked return policy works to my favor but I camp 12-15 weekends a year. I need a tent that can survive more than one season.

Also love bringing my dry bags under the rain fly (even if not under the tent) and boots as well still on bare ground but under the rain fly.

Pockets are king inside of my tents, ability to hang a small LED flashlight or headlamp

good luck! I am currently shopping for my 2019 tent.
  19. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Hey, @AdamChandler Thanks for the feedback!

Done a few things to aid storage on or in panniers. The bag has webbing and attachment points to tie the compression sack outside of the bike and it has been designed to fit into pannier systems. The pole bag has also webbing tie-down points so the poles can be removed and packed or tied down separately from the tent. Poles bend less if they are packed separately too.

Interesting point "Not concerned with weight." Lighter tents are out there but it was a tradeoff between weight and tent lifespan. As its for ADV riding trips go from a weekend to yearlong trips, decided to make the materials heavy duty for the long-term overlanders, this will cover the riders that camp less too. It weighs a little more but it will be a better investment in over the years. Most have mountainaring tents that are light but dont last that long becasure the goal is weight (Thinner materials), to be carried on a backpack.
    The material is the same as the bigger MotoTent, we used that because it has been tested for years all over the world by riders and even with a long warranty we don't get problems with the materials failing, better overkill it than deal with returns and tents failing out on rides.

Heaps of room for gear, I was thinking to add an extra bag for boots, I found in Africa while riding boots had to be outside because they were so dirty and stunk, but in the morning I was always checking to see it some insects or a snake was inside them. Would be nice to have a bag that can stop things creeping inside but still allow the boot to aerate and dry overnight.

So far there are 5 pockets, two at each end of the tent, one each by the doors and one on the roof. The ones by the door are so you can stuff the door quickly out of the way, who likes to fiddle around tieing the doors back, such a pain in the ass. The roof pocket is a must have, that's the main storage as you can see everything instantly. Golden.

If you do get one, I'd be keen to keep in contact with you and know how you use it and how often
    AdamChandler likes this.
  20. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Put me down as super duper interested! Any chance you'll put these in retail or is your model purely selling direct? (which I don't fault you for).

One last thing, as far as the construction and materials go, is this bathtub-style construction? and any chance at all water will come in the floor? I was in a heavy rain storm in June and all of my gear got wet because the water came down like a river. it went between the footprint and the tent and was a really rough time. I was using the Big Agnes Foidel 2.

Thanks for all the thought you're putting into this. The huge tent you guys sell, I see a lot of them but they're just so massive packed down I passed on looking at your products. You certainly have my interest!

I see you have a blackfriday sale. No combining with the pre-order for the tent? I know it's already on sale.