Lone Rider Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Lone.Rider, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    @AdamChandler, bit late on the reply, have been riding! Getting some miles in before it hits subzero temperatures.

No chance water will come in the floor, the floor fabric is 190T Nylon, an ultralight, Rip-stop fabric with a 10 000mm waterproof coating. The seams are taped too. There is an SOS groundsheet thats is a must in my view. With extended use without the groundsheet (Also made from 190T Nylon with a 10 000mm waterproof coating) dirt and dust embeds into the fabric without regular care reducing the tents lifespan. Look after it and it will last a lifetime.

The floor fabric comes up a few feet too, that stops water getting in from splashbacks and makes the tent warmer. I learned the hard way on cold desert nights and in Northen Europe.

The ADVTent is already 20% off, so it couldn't be included in the BFCM sale, Pre-order will come with a free groundsheet, shipping, and an awning kit. So you can attach the door to the bike or something else for outdoor protection.

Years of ADV riding and camping experience have gone into this tent, its a lot of fun designing the dream tent I wished to have on all ADV trips around the world. Going to come out awesome. Should be shipping in a few months!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  2. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Been working on a new 2 Person ADV Tent custom made for Adventure Riders

So far we have 17 biker centric features built in.

Check out all the custom biker features here: https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.com/products/adventure-motorcycle-tent

If you have feedback and experience about what tent features are must-haves let me know. We can build them in.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    World map printed tent

[​IMG]
    For the hot nights...

[​IMG]
    For the roadside breakdown

[​IMG]
    American map printed tent
  3. smoothride

smoothride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Already have this tent pre order!
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  4. e30_325es

e30_325es Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Andrew, I sent an email a few days ago through the website for more information on the new tent, but just stumbled on these posts.

So far I've camped over 80 days this year in North America (and am currently in a tent in Mexico). I'm looking at downsizing from a person, to a 2 person, and really like the looks of your tent. I was wondering what sort of upper ventilation the tent has, to reduce condensation build up? Do you have any pictures of the inside storage? How certain are you off the delivery dates? I'm planning on heading to Europe at the beginning of April, and want to have a tent by then.

Thanks!
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  5. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Yo @e30_325es The inner tent has a mesh net for ventilation. The outter fly has vents at both ends of the tent to let in heaps of airflow designed to reduce mosture build up. The sides can have about a 5-10cm hight off the ground that helps reduce condensation too. I was testing on cool nights with two people and there was little to no condenstion buildup. Happy with the results on that test.

The tent has 5 pockets, one each at the end (no.# 2,3) of the inner tent and one next to each door (no.# 4,5). The door pockets are for gear and work as a stuff pocket for the door too. Makes it fast to get the door out of the way. There is also a pocket/net on the roof (no.# 1). I find this the best one, it's the place where you can find everything.
    We have already ordered the materials for the tent. The only thing that needs to be done is decide on the printing design and what quantity of each. I mean the USA or EU map. The NO map and world map will be made. So we definitely will have them shipped out before April. We can ship anywhere but if you do get the pre-order just let us know where you will be and we can update the address or contact you when its ready to ship and ask you where you want it.

Here is the locations of the pockets, I will make some more photos or even better a video shortly for ya.

Cheers and let me know if you have any questions. I like to hear them so I know whats important for riders. Andrew

upload_2018-12-13_20-20-10.png
    superfunkomatic and e30_325es like this.
  6. e30_325es

e30_325es Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fantastic post! That diagram is perfect, thank you. I know I wouldn't want any map on mine, but I have a few other tents that I'm looking at too. When do you think the pre-order period will end?
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  7. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have just signed on to your preorder list. Hope it works out for you and me.
    No maps please
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  8. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Hi, so we will finish pre-sale in January or Feb 2019 so you have a little time to weigh up your options and find the best tent for your needs. Just keep a lookout on our Instagram for the closing date. Cheers!
    e30_325es likes this.
  9. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Great! Thanks! No problem, I will send you out the tent with no map design. Will be sending out emails to keep you updated on how the production is going and when we will ship. Cheers @Bike Guy
  10. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    superfunkomatic likes this.
  11. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well I just placed my order for an ADVTent, I've been using the same tent since 2004 and decided it was time for an upgrade.
    Only problem is I wanted the USA map on the tent but forgot to specify that in my order. Sent a message from the web site asking to correct that, hope it gets through.

Several things I like about the ADVTent, mainly it is a little larger than my current tent and I like all the pockets.

I do have question, if I draw my route on the map using the supplied marker pen can I clean an old route off and start a new one?

Lone.Rider likes this.
  12. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Hey! Thanks for the order! I will update it to a USA map. We are still seeing what maps are worth making at this time, the world map, Euro map or USA map.

Yep! I will send you a pen with a tent.

BTW, production is going well. We are ahead of schedule on this one. Will be in touch via email soon on the map design.

These where the "Pre-order Terms and Conditions"

Pre-Order: Available now with limited quantity.
    Delivery expected March 2019: Depending on many factors this date could be changed for many unforeseen reasons. We will keep you informed via email.
    Graphical map designs are subject to change: They may change or be removed depending on print quality, technical reasons, community feedback on designs, demand etc. When you order, we will keep you informed via email about the design.
    Individual designs: ADVTent USA-Frontier and ADVTent-Euro will be made if we get enough interest and demand. We have minimum order quantities, if there is a low demand we will not make them at this current time. If you ordered ADVTent USA-Frontier or ADVTent -Euro, you will be offered a refund or if after 2-3 attempts to contact you without response we will send you an ADVTent Globetrotter world design.

>> 81USD/71€ Discount with pre-orders
    >> Free SOS groundsheet with pre-orders. Groundsheet valued at 39USD/34€
    >> Free Awning Kit included with pre-orders
    >> Free worldwide shipping with tracking

Thanks again and shout out if you have any questions!

Andrew
  13. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I realized I had left off the map selection right after I finalized my payment.
    I did use your "Contact us" form and received a quick response from Anna. Good service, thanks for that.

I understand not to expect delivery before (end of) March but it will be nice if it comes sooner, I am hoping to take a long weekend camping ride about the end of February.
    I will say that if you don't print the USA maps I still want the tent, I understand the Per-order Terms and Conditions and don't see any deal breakers there.

14. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    So… our ADV Tent pre-sales (20% off) is ending in 3 days.

But first….

Have you heard of “On Her Bike”?

She is an awesome kickass chick riding around the world on her F800 adventure bike for the past few years and riding in the GS Trophy rallies.

On Her Bike has been using our ADV Tent

[​IMG]

What does she say about it?

“I love it! It's compact, light, durable and fits nicely in the pannier. It's a perfect tent for traveling on a motorcycle.”

[​IMG]

After a lot of testing with On Her Bike and many other riders we have managed to make the ultimate ADV Tent packed with over 14 motorcycle specific features:

Size – Vertical walls make it roomy yet lightweight and extremely packable

Easy to setup – Ingenious one pole system, it takes only 5 minutes to set it up

Self-standing – Great for a variety of different terrains. I even set it up inside a hotel room to use the inner tent as mosquito protection.

Gear Storage – Storage for riding gear, helmets, jackets both panniers and boots inside or outside under the vestibule fly. Everything needed for motorcycle camping can fit in the ADV Tent, except the bike

SOS rescue signal ground matt - Reflective SOS letters. Morse code dots and rescue sign graphics.

[​IMG]

Multi-Use - Awning kit included for shelter against rain, shade or to cook outside

[​IMG]

Custom Cable Flaps - Lockup your valuable equipment inside or run power into the tent

Perfect Pack Size - Designed to fit into most motorbike luggage systems (Aluminum or Soft Luggage)

[​IMG]

Custom Biker Carry Bag - Compression bag with a tie-down molle system, and a roadside breakdown safety triangle

[​IMG]

Overlander Ready - Stealth colours for wild motorcycle camping scenarios

Personal + Unique - Graphical maps to show or plan your itinerary (pen included)

[​IMG]

Access - Extra large door for easy access, riding gear like neck braces or water reservoir backpacks won't catch when entering or exiting the tent

Practical - Quick door stuff pocket, unique to Lone Rider

Security - The zipper can be clipped and cannot be opened easily from outside when occupied.

Drying - Loops to dry light wet riding gear

Materials - Tested by motorcycle campers and bikers for almost a decade. Best quality, no compromise

Custom pole case – Designed to take a beating, has tie-down molle system and padding to protect the poles.

And much more...

[​IMG]

Anyways….

The pre-order price is still valid for the next 3 days on www.lonerider-motorcycle.com (20% off and free shipping)

The ADV Tent will be delivered worldwide in March.

Wishing you some great adventures for this upcoming riding season!

[​IMG]
  15. Coastalcop

Coastalcop Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The nylon mesh used in aircrew survival vests would fit your boot bag idea, or the Kevlar mesh used in draggin shirts. Robust enough not to cut/fray, allows boots to breathe, mesh narrow enough to stop animals and most insects ( tiny gnats or ants would still slip through. With a drawstring at the top ( like a laundry bag) you could also hang them off the ground .

You could just use a mesh laundry bag, but it likely wouldn’t last longer than a trip with the buckles, tread, thorns etc dragging on the material, while the two materials referenced above are VERY robust. Just a few thoughts
  16. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    It's getting close to March, just wondering if there is any update on tent delivery date?

17. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    So next week I will go to the factory and do the quality control, probably on Thursday. The production has finished but it's just waiting for me to check every tent and check off the QC. Once that is done then I will sign it off and send them to the distribution warehouse. I think we can start shipping between 4th and 7th? It will take a few days with DHL to get to you.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  18. Lone.Rider

Lone.Rider Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Still on the list, I'll make a sample to test and ask out email list what they think. I nice little extra/detail for the ADV Riders...
  19. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Funky Monkey Trunk

Oddometer:
    Lone.Rider likes this.
  20. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    Thanks, sounds great. When someone predicts a March delivery I usually think last part of month at best, but early in the month will be really great! :rayof

Lone.Rider likes this.