1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold LoneRider MotoTent - Almost New, $395

Discussion in 'Other' started by Dellaster, Feb 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dellaster

Dellaster n00b

Oddometer:
    I received this LoneRider MotoTent last week, set it up for one night, and my back decided we weren’t going to be doing tent camping on our 6-7 month tour starting end of March. I really wanted this to work, for the privacy and basecamp utility—I plan to stop days or weeks at a time, day hiking all over the US West. But even with a nice cot & pad I was too uncomfortable to get more than a few hours of good sleep. Not the MotoTent’s fault. So I'm switching to plan B: Amok hammock w/Tensa4 stand for places where I can't hang on trees.

My loss, your gain.

PRICE: $395 shipped within the US via USPS. PAYMENT METHOD: Regular PayPal (I’ll eat the fee).

It retails for $550. See details on the LoneRider site: https://lonerider-motorcycle.com/?currency=USD

Practically new except that the tent pegs show the results of pounding into rocky soil. No bends or breaks, just scrapes. I set up and tore down in stiff winds, up to 30mph gusts, so there’s likely a bit of dust & sand rolled up with it. I got it to fit back into the original shipping box (drop-shipped from China), though it bulges. Extra tape holds it together.

EB0ED8B3-594B-44B9-B766-337DD1E94479.jpeg

E5DC395A-1ECC-43CD-B47D-0958C81C8223.jpeg

267E011C-D3D4-4200-A762-51A21864052F.jpeg

B707E598-3709-4DCA-B89A-0053CC2D6C69.jpeg

Photos taken right after initial setup. It looked a little better after tweaking the guy lines. Surprisingly easy to deploy since I did it in about 45 minutes, in a brisk wind, with no previous experience. So sad that I can’t make it work for me.

I’m still within the “satisfaction guarantee” return period, but if you check their FAQ you find that if it’s opened & used (and how else does one discover if it’ll work out?), you don’t necessarily get a full refund. It could be anything they decide they want to give after inspection, which can take 2-5 weeks, plus another week to send the refund, and sending it back to them (to Europe? China?) is on my dime (ouch!). So I decided to see if an Inmate would like it at a discount. Potentially much quicker and possibly not much difference in what I get back. If there’s no interest in the next few days I’ll withdraw the sale and gamble on LoneRider’s refund generosity. :hmmmmm
    Stasher1 likes this.
  2. SFDemo

SFDemo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ll take it PM sent
  3. Dellaster

Dellaster n00b

Oddometer:
    Payment received. Sold to SFDemo. That was quick. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.