Long shot, Japanese parts/Lang help.

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Jimmy the Heater, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Jimmy the Heater

Jimmy the Heater Dirt Farmer

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to recreate one of the older 400cc supersports that were renown for their amazing handling. To do this I'm starting out with an 04-05 GSXR 600 and wanting to put the Asian Market GSR 400 cylinder, pistons and head on it as well as machine the crank and flywheel to get an engine with less rotating mass. Here is the problem I'm having. I can't find a parts diagram for the GSR 400 to see if it uses the same cylinder head as the GSR 600/GSXR 600. Not knowing Japanese is really limiting in this case I'm afraid.

The 600's part number is 1110044G10

The GSR400 years I'm looking for are 06-10. If the part numbers are the same between the 400 and the 600 it would save me about $2500 so you can see my interest in getting the right info. It will basically mean a go/no go with the project.

Thank you very much for your time and any help you could give me.

PS: The thread about this project has already received universal disdain over in Perfect Line...If you want to bash on me for doing this, please join the pile over there. Thank you.
  2. ADingo8MyBaby

ADingo8MyBaby Long timer

Oddometer:
    Try this:
    -Open www.alc.co.jp
    -Type in something like "parts" or "parts list"
    -Find the one you want and copy it (highlight, right click, copy)
    -Go to google.co.jp
    -Type in something like GS600 and then paste what you copied in Japanese.

A lot of links show up that you'll have to surf through...It also helps to save those links in your favorites or paste those words into Microsoft Word so you don't have to keep looking them up.
  3. Jimmy the Heater

Jimmy the Heater Dirt Farmer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I should have updated this thread with what I found out. The GSR400 has a lower rev limit, weighs the same as the 600 and handles almost identically according to people that have ridden both. So instead of a light nimble 400 if I did this, I would just end up with a heavy, underpowered 600.

Thank you for the response though!
  4. ADingo8MyBaby

ADingo8MyBaby Long timer

Oddometer:
    Roger that.

It's interesting the motor combinations because of the tiered licensing system over here. Many 400's are 600's with different heads.
    Jimmy the Heater likes this.