Long term moto rental in Santiago Chile - Barter - Trade

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by elgringo-inaz, Jul 12, 2019.

1. elgringo-inaz

elgringo-inaz El Gringo

Oddometer:
    Amigos,

My job has me moving to Santiago 3-6 months. Going to die if I don't find a 2-wheeler to use to go to work (Vitacura) and weekend trips. I really don't want to go through hassle of buying and then re-selling. Can trade 4K televisions (In consumer electronics industry) for the use of basically anything for initial trip. Or can agree on $ pay for the use. Can work out specifics in person. I arrive on July 16th. I also have an 1150 GS & 40' RV motorhome, boat etc. in Arizona on the crazy chance someone just wants to swap bikes or toys during same period or whenever......I know this is a long shot, but worth a try. Have insurance.
  2. zolo

zolo Moto Patagonia Tours and Rentals in Chile

Oddometer:
    If you will be in Santiago for 6 months you should simply buy a used bike. Get a shop to help set up your RUT and buy one for the short term. Easy to do. Finding someone willing to do what your talking about in Chile will be next to impossible.
    Id go see Jorge at Master Bikes in Vitacura, he has sold to foreigners before and has good used bikes. Its a nice shop with plenty of options and if your Spanish is not great he speaks English.
    Secret Agent Man likes this.
  3. elgringo-inaz

elgringo-inaz El Gringo

Oddometer:
    Thanks Zolo. Appreciate the advice.
    zolo likes this.
  4. zolo

zolo Moto Patagonia Tours and Rentals in Chile

Oddometer:
    Yeah sure thing, and if you make it to the south of Chile hit me up. I will go ride with you.