Long term parking at the start of the TAT

Discussion in 'Americas' started by OG Rider, Dec 4, 2019 at 6:41 AM.

1. OG Rider

OG Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone truck your bike to the start of the TAT? What options are there for long term parking while riding the TAT?
  2. Addapost

Addapost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question but if you are on Long Island then I strongly suggest just riding from your front door to get on the Mid Atlantic BDR. That ends where the TAT "starts" in Damascus VA. It's a fantastic way to get on the TAT.
  3. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    If the start you are talking about is North Carolina, you could ride down there in a couple/few days. If you drove a truck, you would have a day invested in that drive and then you need to retrieve the truck at a later date.

Contact a self storage facility about parking. A hotel in the area might be ok with it too. Sometimes you can use the resources on this site to find a generous person where you can park your vehicle on their property.
  4. OG Rider

OG Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't really have the time to ride 40 days on the TAT and do the MABDR. Wish I did. I could ride the bike, but I really don't want to pound the pavement on a WR250r next to semi trucks and assholes all the way from Long Island to NC. I'm gonna ship the bike back to Long Island from the west coast or sell it out there and fly back. Maybe long term parking at the airport would work. Not going to have a trailer, putting it on a moto hauler on the back of my suburban.
  5. Addapost

Addapost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can't get someone to just drive you down there?
  6. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    My math:

put it on a truck and drive down. 1 long day. Then have to figure out the logistics of getting the truck back. Could be 2-3 days to get the truck back. Do you have a plan for getting the truck back?

Ride down using back roads, not necessarily the MABDR but you could do parts. 3 days. The time difference over the course of the entire TAT is negligible.

If time is really the issue. Rent a Uhaul and drive it down.