Long Weekend in the Oregon Outback

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by liv2day, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Aaron.S

Aaron.S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why would a 500 engine need rebuilding at 10000 miles? There's a shit load out there that have done more than that without a rebuild.
  2. Aaron.S

Aaron.S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    67000k before my first topend. There are a lot of guys that have done 500hrs before the first one. I went 100000k before I did the crank. Don't get caught up in the bullshit
  3. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks @weldpro! Appreciate the kind words and glad you enjoyed the report.

Corvallis is on the west side of the valley (which you probably know...lol), but if you find yourself heading east over the Cascades, that part of Oregon is fantastic. :thumb:thumb
  4. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    liv2day,,,, have you ever been to "crack in the ground",,,, if not i recommend you check it out. and there is alot of good riding around there also,,, Christmas Valley i think is what the area is called,,, oh and Fort rock? that thing is neat.
  5. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Hey @2 SPOT - haven't been to crack in the ground, though it's on the future to-do list when I'm back in that neck of the woods. Christmas Valley is another spot I want to explore and ride. Not much into dunes and sand, but I know there are a ton of tracks to explore there, with many heading south toward Summer Lake and then east toward Plush, the Alvord, Steens, etc. Honestly, I'd like to take a couple months and just ride out there.

I hit Fort Rock on my way to my semi-failed (lol) solo SE Oregon rip last year, figured I had to stop by as it was only a short 16 mile out and back on my way south. Really cool place that I'd like to go back and hike around. It's impressive to say the least - pics don't do it justice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    jeckyll and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  6. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    i'm right with ya, but i'd get into s.w idaho and northern nevada also.

in xmas valley theres what some call an impact crater, but i'm with the camp that calls it a sinkhole,,, and you can ride in it.

when you do go to crack in the ground,, make sure to walk down into it,,, ice year round, the kind thats clear as glass.
    liv2day likes this.
  7. PinkPillion

PinkPillion Husqy pilot too...

Oddometer:
    Great RR liv2day! Thank you for sharing this bit of Oregon. Your video work is super awesome. Someday, Weldpro and I will have gopro/drone setup like that.
    :thumb
    liv2day likes this.
  8. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Thanks @PinkPillion, appreciate it and glad you enjoyed the report and vids :-)