Looking for a favour in Vegas

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by cmattina, Oct 17, 2020.

1. cmattina

cmattina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

This is not a particularly small favour so feel free to keep on browsing. I'll lay it all out as succinctly as I can.

I'm up in Canada and have two bikes and gear stored in a storage locker at 3333 Meade Ave. Covid hit, and everything has been stuck there, sitting, since February, 2020. I was planning on bringing it back in May 2020.

I am mostly concerned about my helmet, which is a brand new shoei hornet (it is actually a few years old but was old stock I bought in the winter). It is sitting in it's shipping box, and I am concerned it is going to get destroyed by the temperature changes (etc.) that it has and will experience for the next year (for all i know). Perhaps I am being paranoid?

I was wondering if I could mail someone in Vegas my key and if they are in the neighborhood (no rush, I know Vegas is big) grab my helmet (and maybe my boots) and bring it home to store in a better environment. Who knows when the border will open back up - it could be a year? Could be less...
  2. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    At this point you’re past the worst of the heat. I’d think from here on out until next summer things would be fine.
    el Pete, Chillis and villageidiot like this.
  3. cmattina

Oddometer:
    In hindsight I would have made this post in May, but then we thought the border would be open soon. I would just rather not put it off when for all we know the border will stay shut until 2022??? who knows
  4. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well I’m not anywhere near Vegas but if the weather holds this winter I’ll ride (yes, ride) past there in January. Could grab your stuff then but it’ll go to the Far East burbs of Phoenix...
  5. dino702

dino702 OFF2BFE

Oddometer:
    I’m here in vegas if you want to PM me I should be able to help you out.
    Foiler, Chillis, Rips Millar and 2 others like this.
  6. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    i have a helmet that stays in a storage unit for the past 5 or 9 yrs and no problem so far

phoniex to albquare to denver and it now lives in colorado springs
  7. dino702

dino702 OFF2BFE

Oddometer:
    The only thing I’d be worried about is the city rats getting into the locker and searching for nesting material like the internals of a helmet. Seen it before.
    cmattina likes this.
  8. cmattina

Oddometer:
    To be honest, that concerned me too. Considering I have a couple thousand worth of textile gear too.

So perhaps I should mail you the key eh? It is very much appreciated
  9. dino702

dino702 OFF2BFE

Oddometer:
    PM replied
    cmattina likes this.