Looking for a fellow Traveler to visit Mount Rushmore

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Sgt_Gatr, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Sgt_Gatr

Sgt_Gatr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings from Yucca Valley, California!

This is my first post like this but here it goes. Without getting political, I am a bit worried if I don't see Mount Rushmore now I may not get the opportunity later in life. I am wanting to see if anyone in my area or on the way would like to join me for a fairly quick (5-7) day motorcycle ride there and back. I will probably be camping most of the time while possibly staying at a friends house one night on the way. I haven't decided on the route but the most direct path from my house says that it is 19-21 hours.

I plan on leaving August 18th and returning the 23rd. If something happens like a breakdown I am planing on an extra day to sort that out.

Also, I probably wont be doing any off-roading as the purpose of the trip is to get there relatively quickly (not much time I can take off).

If this sounds like it appeals to you let me know. I am not someone who plans a whole lot. Don't really care about how I get there, don't care about where I sleep, don't care about where I eat, I just want to see Mount Rushmore before I plot and have an adventure while doing it.

Thanks,

Sgt_Gatr
  2. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can ride with you from Colorado. Send me a message when you get to Wyoming. While your there check out Crazy Horse monument it's about twice as large.
  3. Sgt_Gatr

Sgt_Gatr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome. Yeah I would like to see as much as possible and Crazy Horse is definitely on the list.
  4. Lost in the world

Lost in the world Long timer

Oddometer:
    The monument will still be there after we are dust in the wind. But enjoy your adventure.
  5. wellcraft

wellcraft Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM me and I'll send you some maps you can use to plan your ride while in SD.
  6. Booghotfoot

Booghotfoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You have to see devil's tower on the way. It's a beautiful ride from there to the northern black hills and then down to the monument. 20180910_142523.jpg