Looking for a San Diego Motorcycle mechanic recommendations

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Dirtnadvil, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Dirtnadvil

Dirtnadvil Long timer

Oddometer:
    My son lives down in San Diego and he is interested in buying a used bike, an older Honda. He was looking for a shop down near Mission Beach that could check the bike out for him. I was checking here to see if there were any recommendations from the group. Thanks
  2. oneway

oneway Tehachapi CA

Oddometer:
    Stay the hell away from big four performance in El Cajon. They screwed up my bike and took forever doing it.
  3. Fat Nelly

Fat Nelly Cut from a stinky cloth

Oddometer:
    North County Yamaha is about the only place I would trust down here.

If he needs help I could look at it for him. PM me
  4. SkullerDude

SkullerDude n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello, I'm in San Diego. Looking for a KTM engine mechanic. Its a 525 and I do mostly desert races. Been having low power issues and starting to miss shifts between 2nd and 1st. Willing to drive up to LA or Orange County. Really just looking for the best out there. Would ship the engine if there is a real guru for the 525. The bike was built for the Baja 500 and revs really quickly, it is tons of fun. Want to get it back in peak shape for this coming desert race season.
  5. Fat Nelly

Fat Nelly Cut from a stinky cloth

Oddometer:

Liors moto ride period! Best if you pull motor and drop it off. If your down on power and missing shifts plan on spending at least $2k to rebuild. What I spent and motor was good for another 10k miles.
    https://liorsmotoride.com/

Don't waste your time anywhere else