1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Found Looking for Aerostich Roadcrafter in 48R

Discussion in 'Gear: Stuff You Wear' started by 309, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    Edit: Found one. We’ll see if this one fits!

Last one I picked up didn’t work out so I’m looking again and have narrowed the search parameters:

I’m after a Roadcrafter, preferably an R3 but with consider a classic. Looking for a size 48R or similar. Good shape. Black, grey or tan only please.

PayPal ready and waiting for the right suit.

Thanks
  2. Desert John

Desert John Desert John Supporter

Oddometer:
    New price drop, now $700.

I cannot tell you how much I love this suit but I won't miss it because I really don't wear it enough. I live near Palm Springs where we get almost no rain or bad weather. Yes, I've worn it throughout Colorado and Utah after Labor Day and stayed perfectly dry but for my California day and overnight rides I'm sticking pretty much to my Roadcrafter and Darien jackets. So my baby's got to go.

It's a 48 regular with 3" mid-waist gussets to accommodate my expanding tummy. I'm 6'2" 240# and approaching 78 years old. Remember that the R-3 Tactical does not have the second abrasion layer which is not necessary — in my opinion, or Aerostich's if you read about the suit. Also remember that the R-3 has the magnet collar holds, the latest and best zippers, etc. I've washed it three times using Nikwax Tech Wash and Nikwax TX.Direct waterproofing. I have all armor plus the optional back guard. No tears, rips, stains or other stories, it's perfect.

Retail, including the factory alterations, tax and freight was more than $1300 but since it's nearly three years old I'm asking $700 including shipping to the lower 48. The BMW rondel is free
  3. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Nice suit but I don't need the gusseting and would prefer to have the ballistics. GLWS.
  4. CA Dreaming

CA Dreaming Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any interest in a 1-piece classic in Hi-Vis?
  5. TCAdventure

TCAdventure Just Hangin’ Out

Oddometer:
    I have a like new all black 46R R3 if that might work. Only selling ‘cause I lost 30 lbs and need to re-size my gear. Wouldn’t sell otherwise.
  6. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:

So close, but I’m afraid I couldn’t cram myself into a 46. Thanks.
  7. TCAdventure

TCAdventure Just Hangin’ Out

Oddometer:
    Okay, best of luck with your search.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.