Looking for an adv route from ALB to Little Las Vegas and around Sipapou

Discussion in 'Americas' started by drewpersC, Jun 15, 2019.

1. drewpersC

drewpersC n00b

Oddometer:
    on the first day i am heading from Alb. to little las vegas/ San Augustine to visit friends, I am looking for knowledge of the traveling south of 25 on dirt and paved roads, I have good experience but I do have a goal to see old college friends that evening so I can't adv to much. Then Sunday through till Tuesday I plan to stay at sipapou ski resort and explore that region. Just looking for fun routes good views and good times.

Thanks
  2. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    A nice dirt/paved combo is to head out east along old 66, then north up 14 to Frost road. Then east to 41 at Stanley. Then take White Lakes road (dirt) to 285.
    Go north a mile or so and then take CR 31? ( dirt) all the way to Ribera. Then 3 up to I-25 frontage road and take it on into Las Vegas
    (assuming Little Las Vegas is Las Vegas NM)
  3. drewpersC

drewpersC n00b

Oddometer:
    Any way to get to 84 - from 3 or Pueblo It is the road I took into Vegas from Louisiana and have a couple friends that live there.
  4. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see dirt roads on the map from Villanueva thru the Santa Fe National Forest that go thru to 84. I did some riding there many years ago but have no idea of what works now.
    You would probably have better luck posting this in the Rockies regional forum. Lots of NM experience there.