Looking for an .img of the MABDR

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Brickflyer, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Brickflyer

Brickflyer Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    We are headed out in Oct for the MABDR. I bought a new Zumo 396 and popped the MABDR GPX in with no problem......well, a few hundred hours..... but otherwise good to go now.:bluduh
    I'm looking for a converted MABDR gpx to img for my friends old Nuvi.
    I tried IMGFROMGPX but it didn't want to play with my mac and Sierra.
    finally got it to kinda work but only made me GMAP files. can't find an img file anywhere, even though the the box is checked to make img file in that program.
    So.... i've come begging
    Anyone have a copy to share in img form?
    thx

Cal
  2. Addapost

Addapost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No interest in just using a smartphone for navigation?
  3. Brickflyer

Brickflyer Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    We went out yesterday for a shake down ride before our trip. Man, it was great day in Middle TN.
    I indeed experimented with using Rever on my phone as well as using the Zumo 396 for the first time. A good part of the ride was consumed "Fuc**** with stuff"........
    I know that is kinda necessary when getting used to new equipment. But i found the Zumo to be much easier to use and see. cross roads all had names on them, as Rever did not. will try to adjust the app. We are all different and and that's just my personal observation.
    Another observation, All this "stuff" (Sena, Zumo, Smartphone, complicated bike electronics, etc ) took some of the pure joy of riding away.
    but, only some......... some great riding yesterday, nice gravel, water crossings, ruts, washouts and the new tires (TK 80's) were outstanding.
  4. Addapost

Oddometer:
    I hear ya. Learning curves suck. One thing that has helped me with any kind of gps, dedicated or phone, is to play around with it walking around the neighborhood. Much easier to screw around with features on foot than on a bike or in the car. When I was doing the learning curve thing on Gaia for my iPhone I did it taking the dog for walks in the woods, quickly figured out everything I needed to know. Good luck with whatever you settle on.
    Brickflyer likes this.
  5. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used my iPhone with the Gaia GPS app for MABDR navigation. Just make sure to zoom way, way in, or you’ll miss turns easily.

Its not the best but it works, it’s free, it’s super simple to use, and if you close it it remembers where you were doing when you open it again (rever doesn’t and that annoys the hell out of me)

Charles.
    Brickflyer and Addapost like this.
  6. Addapost

Oddometer:
    Yep, it took me a little while to figure that out. I had the best luck zoomed in to where the scale was "2000 feet"
    Brickflyer likes this.