Looking for Chicago based routes...

Discussion in 'Americas' started by pcohenchicago, Nov 20, 2007.

1. pcohenchicago

pcohenchicago Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a couple of destinations and am asking for any good route ideas. All trips would start from Chicago and end at the following destinations:

Atlanta, Ga
    San Francisco, Ca
    West Palm Beach, Fl

Any suggestions would be great.

Also, thinking about maybe doing Chicago, to NYC, to Jacksonville, back to Chicago. Any thoughts there would be great.

Thanks all!
  2. ericb67

ericb67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hwy 41 (Lakeshore Drive) goes from Chicago to Atlanta and points beyond. It's a nice ride if you're not in a rush.
  3. pcohenchicago

pcohenchicago Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks promising. I like how you can slab it a little along the way or you can stick to the alternate routes - especially through Kentucky. Thanks for the recommendation.
  4. ericb67

ericb67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Chicago to most points in Florida make for a nice Iron But ride on the slab. Just an idea if you're in for a good long ride.
  5. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    From Chicago, take I-65 south to Columbus, Indiana, then pick up Indiana 7 down to US421. Take that to Frankfort, Kentucky, then pick it up again at Exit 90 on I-75 south of Lexington. US421 is a ball all the way down to NC.
  6. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    Since you only have 2 days for each trip, want to stop at boutique country inns, never want to touch an interstate, love covered bridges, hate mountainous terrain, I recommend................