Want to buy Looking for Dual Sport >250cc near St. Louis

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Hollaway21, Apr 30, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollaway21

Hollaway21 n00b

Oddometer:
    I am looking for a street legal dual sport dirt bike to learn offroad riding on, and be able to strap it down for some small camping excursions. I am located about 20 minutes from St. Louis on the Illinois side and will be willing to drive a few hours. I have my eyes set on a Suzuki DR350 pref '98 or '99, but I am open to other suggestions. Trying to keep the price around $1500 give or take a bit, but still looking for a quality bike. I am concerned that a 250cc might be too small as I am over 200lbs and my other bike is a 1200gsa, but I still want the true small dirt bike feel. Let me know what you have, or any suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks!
  2. Zephyr20

Zephyr20 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a 2009 Yamaha XT250. Very clean and unmodified, have only added hand guards. Only 2200 miles, and I'm near Dubuque, IA, about 5 hours from St Louis.
  3. AlwaysGrowin

AlwaysGrowin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello my friend,

In Kansas City, MO and have a 2003 BMW F650GS Dakar that needs a little attention to be fully road-able. Something to do with the neutral safety switch requires the kickstand to be up/put away to start the bike.....brake lights don't light up when brake is applied.... I think this all came about when the kickstand failed. Have a replacement kickstand ready to be installed but the electric piece needs diagnosed.
    I replaced the engine at 60k with a 6k motor after the head gasket failed and wouldn't get the kit installed before an upcoming cross country trip. The newer motor has fantastic power! I lowered the rear but still have original equipment. Progressive springs and Jesse locking hard panniers. highway bars come with but not installed. Rigid 2 leds up front on custom bracket. Garmin GPS mount on handlebar, comes with GPS. Grip warmers, grips needs replaced. New BMW GS tank bag just purchased last year. I have a bucket of goods along with the extra engine and a cover. Somewhat firm at $2,200 if you're interested or want pics call or text me @ 480.440.4486. $2,000 without the extra engine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.