Looking for heated gear with internal batteries

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by n8mandy, Jan 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. n8mandy

n8mandy PadreN8

Oddometer:
    Hey fellow inmates,

I am looking for heated gear that is not 12v wired to the bike, but has rechargable usb batteries.

Does anyone know if those exist and where to order them?
  2. Rippin209

Rippin209 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Amazon has plenty for much less then wired gear costs especially when you add price of controllers and such, the problem is finding gear that doesn't suck, and quality control is hit or miss on much of that stuff, some are great and some are DOA or only work a fraction of how well they should.

Interested in this, book marking the thread, good luck in your search
  3. lvscrvs

lvscrvs Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gerbing has 7V jackets. As Rippin mentioned there are others on Amazon.

I have the Gerbing Core Heat which is an older 7V jacket. I think I picked it up on ebay for under $100. First battery died on me pretty early, cost about $40 to replace. Looks like Core Heat's been replaced by the Glyde.

Gives some good heat in the chest area, and the battery is rechargeable. On full heat I think I get about 3-4 hours useage, longer on lower settings.
  4. Stasher1

Stasher1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Milwaukee has a line of battery-powered heated jackets. I've been looking at a couple different models that might work as jacket liners.
    zimm likes this.
  5. n8mandy

n8mandy PadreN8

Oddometer:
  6. n8mandy

n8mandy PadreN8

Oddometer:
    I tried their heated gauntlet gloves on at a Home Depot and they were surprisingly comfortable. I always grab something handlebar sized when I try on motorcycle gloves because I had the problem in the beginning of my riding days of having ones that bunched up I the palms and became uncomfortable. I ordered a pair from Home Depot but mistakenly ordered the L instead of the XL. I'll go to my local store to replace them.
    Stasher1 likes this.
  7. Urbandrag

Urbandrag KLiM Beotch!

Oddometer:
    I have a m12 jacket and I upgraded the batt to an M12 XC6.0, warmth all day long but heavy and bulky. The original m12 2.0Ah won't last too long in a motorcycle ride under cold weather.
    Don't ever try to wear the outer jacket in cold weather riding your motorcycle, in despite, it is a thermal insulated jacket, as it don't have a storm flap in the main zipper, this one will freeze and you will feel you are in an open heart surgery.
  8. motoinmoab

motoinmoab Questioning Reality Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. Gibster

Gibster high desert roamer

Oddometer:
    Urbandrag likes this.
  10. Oh2RideMore

Oh2RideMore Long timer

Oddometer:
    Or you can buy a 14.4 volt lithium battery and a cheap heated vest or jacket. 14.4 packs have 4 18650 batteries in series and are typically used for bike lights. 3 amp versions are available. Amazon, eBay, alibaba