Looking for ignition coils f800gs Calgary

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Stefan1986, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Stefan1986

Stefan1986 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello I’m still trying to diagnose my 2010 f800gs. I don’t want to spring for the $210/coil just to throw parts at this thing to have it not work out and on top of that wait 8 weeks for them to arrive. Does anyone have some decent used ones or would be willing to lend me some to try? They’re a very common bmw part #12 13 8 523 968. I’m at my wits end with this bike and ready to set it on fire. You’re welcome to check my previous posts for all the details. Thank you and safe riding!
  2. The Maz

The Maz Clueless and lost

Oddometer:
    Call these guys
    https://bgpowersports.com/
    I've bought a few things including a motor from them. Nothing but good things to say about them.
    I looked on their website and they have a coil stick.
  3. Stefan1986

Stefan1986 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ll check them out thank you!
  4. Stefan1986

Stefan1986 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah same price with shipping as ordering from bmw Motorrad unfortunately and the wait . But thank you though!
  5. The Maz

Oddometer:
    Call Them Tomorrow. They can ship to you for 10 bucks they were going to ship my motor to Medicine Hat for me for under 100 bucks.
  6. The Maz

Oddometer:
  7. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you think it may be a coil...one way to test which cylinder isn't firing is to start the bike from cold but only let it run for 2-3 seconds before shutting it off. The grab each pipe to see which one is cold. I've used this method several times and it isolates the dead or misfiring cylinder, narrowing the diagnosis. If you run it too long before touching the pipes,loosing skin, don't say I didn't warn you!
  8. Stefan1986

Stefan1986 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey thanks I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

I’ve been to hell and back trying to diagnose this issue. I tried switching coils and cylinder 2 remained cooler. Could be wiring. Injectors tested fine. Bike runs like it jumped timing. Won’t idle. New fuel pump and filter, tank and injectors cleaned. Just did valve cover gasket. Was thinking maybe I damaged both coils when removing them? I’m basically grasping at straws at this point.
  9. The Maz

Oddometer:
    I thought today was Sunday. They probably won't open till Monday.
    Sorry about that.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
    That's why I have a cheap laser temperature detector. Comes in handy for lots of other things too. Fridge temp, fever temp, etc. We use one at work all the time too.

:1drink