Looking for Lodging in a Pandemic - CO to OR

Discussion in 'Americas' started by zer0focus, May 12, 2020.

1. zer0focus

zer0focus No Fixed Direction Supporter

Oddometer:
    I finally pulled the plug and made the decision to purchase another motorcycle. The catch? It's not local, and I'd like to go pick it up next week.

Two years ago when I flew out to pick up my 5th Gen VFR from South Dakota (ride report here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/3-states-3-days-on-a-20-year-old-vfr.1319788/ ), COVID-19 wasn't even a twinkle in nature's eye.

The current plan is for @mitchapalooza and I to ride two up to Eugene and then each ride back on our respective bikes.

Plan 1:

May 21, 2020: Leave the Denver metro area. Ride to the Honeyville, UT area (or any towns within 30 minutes).

May 22, 2020: Leave the Honeyville area and make it to Bend, OR (or any towns within 30 minutes from Bend).

May 23, 2020: Ride to Eugene, OR and pick up my bike. Head to Bonney Lake, WA to visit relatives.

May 25, 2020: Leave Bonney Lake and ride down the Pacific coast on 101 to Florence. End the day back in Eugene. This is weather-pending due to the frequency of encountering rain during this time of year.

May 26, 2020: Leave Eugene and ride to Twin Falls, ID (or surrounding towns within 30 minutes).

May 27, 2020: Leave Twin Falls and ride to Grand Junction, CO (or to home if we feel up for it)

May 28, 2020: Grand Junction to home (if needed)

Plan 2:

May 21, 2020: Leave the Denver metro area. Ride to the Honeyville, UT area (or any towns within 30 minutes).

May 22, 2020: Leave the Honeyville area and make it to Bend, OR (or any towns within 30 minutes from Bend).

May 23, 2020: Ride to Eugene, OR and pick up my bike. Head to Bonney Lake, WA to visit relatives.

May 25, 2020: Leave Bonney Lake and ride to Butte, MT (or surrounding towns within 30 minutes).

May 26, 2020: Leave Butte and ride home (or stop in the Casper, WY area if we feel like it's too long of a day).

May 27, 2020 (if needed): Casper, WY to home.

Plan 3:

May 25, 2020: Leave Bonney Lake and ride and ride to Twin Falls, ID (or surrounding towns within 30 minutes).

May 26, 2020: Leave Twin Falls and ride to Grand Junction, CO (or to home if we feel up for it)

May 27, 2020: Grand Junction to home (if needed)

With the three above plans, we only have lodging secured for the two nights we plan to spend in Bonney Lake with relatives. There are obvious risks while traveling right now, and we would like to adhere to social distancing/other safe practices while on our trip. I figured it wouldn't hurt to put feelers out into the ADV community and see if anyone with accommodations in the surrounding areas would be willing to open those accommodations to us so we can lay our weary heads on a pillow for the night while passing through (or, if you are aware of inexpensive, yet clean places to stay, we'd greatly appreciate suggestions).

If anyone is looking to buy a 1998 VFR800 Interceptor (5th Gen - arguably the best generation!) shoot me a PM. It's located in Castle Rock, CO.
    wbbnm likes this.
  2. oneway

oneway Tehachapi CA

Oddometer:
    You planners kill me. Worst pandemic in fricken history and you have not 1 but 3 plans for about a 1200 mile trip.
    Go get the damn bike
    Jamie Z and LouisPK like this.
  3. holckster

holckster dougholck

Oddometer:
  4. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bookings.com ???
    zer0focus likes this.
  5. HellsAlien

HellsAlien a has-been that never-was

Oddometer:
    I was on the Oregon coast today scouting out stuff. No lodging there until June, minimum. I suspect the interior is no different.

Pack a bag & tent, you may need it!
    zer0focus likes this.
  6. zer0focus

zer0focus No Fixed Direction Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up. We’re just going to load the car up with our dogs and supplies and high tail it out there with as few stops as possible...grab the bike and take turns riding home to prevent fatigue. Seems less risky.
  7. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Out of staters entering into Idaho , expected to go into 14 day quarantine. Thank the states nearby that went into lock down but Idaho didnt , so they came to Idaho. We are now closed because of those outlaws?
  8. oneway

oneway Tehachapi CA

Oddometer:
    No.....you’ve got an emergency declaration issued May 16,2020 because you were late to the prom.
    iCD55 likes this.
  9. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think since I live here, ride here and keep UP with the announcements as they progress I have a pretty good summary of it. In this case ,this info was given by the governor himself during one of his talks. Since we went from an open parks to a closed parks condition.
    one of the tourist-season population areas-Blaine county has the Highest per capita outbreak , as I understand in the world. 4000 year around population, 500 reported cases.
    yes ,we got it late ,Because Others brought it in. It isnt really any different than italy, got it from a traveling-sking Frenchman whom picked it up in singapore during a business meeting.