Looking for Napa, Sonoma, Santa Rosa, Lake Co. riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Bonnie & Clyde, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:

Hey Dan, ya im still a rolling train wreck. :D

We miss the folks and the places but we are happy we moved. It was the best thing for the time and situation. Life goes on. Maybe this spring ill have a camp out up here and invite the old home folks.

I wish all the best to the peeps on this thread. Good times had and more to come. Ride on.
  2. mootsuno

mootsuno Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. poomero

poomero Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

I wanted to let everyone know that North Bay Motorcycle Club will be holding 2 rides in April.

The first one will be the Crosscut Family Fun Ride on April 18th.
    [​IMG]

The second ride will be the Sawmill Enduro on April 19th.

[​IMG]
  4. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    If I come, can I break my other foot?:lol3
  5. lvscrvs

lvscrvs Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Going out on the WR250R. Not sure about the route, probably 100-170 miles of mostly backroads and a bit of dirt. Moderate pace. Lunch stop along the way.

Meet at 10am (gassed up) at:

The Motorcycle Shop
    3383 Airway Dr
    Santa Rosa, 95403

Brian
  6. tiger800xxc

tiger800xxc To the Roads Less Traveled!

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan Brian Ill be there full tank and ready to enjoy the day!!
  7. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    Im taking the sidecar to meet a buddy in bodega, do a quick carb sync, then off to play
  8. lvscrvs

lvscrvs Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking about Santa Rosa to the coast on Green Valley, mays Canyon, then Ft Ross or King Ridge or Myers Grade, etc to Stewarts Pt, lunch there, and back over Skaggs or maybe King Ridge.

brian
  9. tiger800xxc

tiger800xxc To the Roads Less Traveled!

Oddometer:
    be careful on the coast we lost a rider and another local rider was badly injured on the coast sat lots of idiots out today please be safe I will not be riding today:muutt
  10. victor441

victor441 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Amen...the riders name was released today and it turned out he was an acquaintance from DRRIDERS who I rode with once (very nice guy and a highly skilled rider), sounds like he had no chance, three riders were in a turn and an oncoming car was in the wrong lane...RIP Tony (Anthony) Cruz of Vallejo, Calif.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Motorcyclist-killed-in-head-on-Highway-1-crash-IDd-6082667.php

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/home/3534379-181/motorcyclist-killed-in-hwy-1
  11. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    Driver was 19, drove into the other lane, and killed the rider.

Let me guess

[​IMG]
  12. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    3 of us are heading up to Pills for an overnighter saturday/sund march 7/8

Probably

2 sidecars
    1 DRz400
  13. mootsuno

mootsuno Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    If anybody interested we'll be at Cow tomorrow.
    Westside staging area at 8:30am. Not big bike friendly
    but'll probably be an easy ride.

Let me know or just show up. I'll be on
    a blue and yellow Husky TE450.
  14. xdbx

xdbx Motorcycle Connoisseur

Oddometer:
  15. klrukiddingme?

klrukiddingme? Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Daniel:wave

Any lake co riders know the current status of sand creek rd outside of rummest and/or huffmaster rd east of leesville? i've ridden sand creek in the past once but have heard the gate is closed now.. looking to use these roads to tie loops together.

Jeb
  16. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    No current knobs on the ground report, but I have this:

Sand Creek Road (Yolo County Road 41) has seasonal closures.
    http://www.yolocounty.org/community...lic-works/public-works-division/road-closures

Huffmaster Road is in Colusa County. According to their website, it's not closed:
    http://www.countyofcolusa.org/index.aspx?nid=144 (click on the Roads Closures link to get the latest .pdf)
  17. slackmeyer

slackmeyer Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer:
    It's been a couple years, but Huffmaster road was open when last I tried. It's a really nice road. Make sure you close gates behind you and otherwise act responsibly around the ranches and houses on that road.
  18. klrukiddingme?

klrukiddingme? Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Cap'n.
    Thanks Slackmeyer, and, of course.
  19. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Myself and a few buddies are doing a North coast ride for a few days in late May and looking for a place to drop a couple of nearly new full size crew cab pickups near the Windsor or Sonoma area. Dropping the trucks on Thursday morning May 21 and back on the 25th over Memorial day weekend. Any locals with parking to spare would be greatly appreciated:ear:ear
    2015 Lost coast RR!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1068859
  20. Stop_Watch

Stop_Watch Gruntled

Oddometer:
    <table id="post26826067" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_26826067" style="border-right: 1px solid #575757"> June 15th is the annual Ride to Work Day event where scooterists and motorcyclists everywhere are encouraged to ride to work, showing the great versatility and utility of our superior mode of transport.

http://www.ridetowork.org/

By some measure of good luck and strong intestinal fortitude I find myself to be in a position to influence the recognition of RIde to Work Day in the City of Sebastopol; I am serving as mayor this year. In light of my position, I have decided (as most likely the only Sonoma County mayor ever to be the owner of a Tiger, two Ducatis and a Z50) to recognize Ride to Work Day at the Tuesday, June 2, 2015 City Council meeting.

I think it would be great to fill the parking lot and the chambers with motorcyclists and thought I'd reach out to the ADV community for support. The meeting will start at 6:00 and the recognition for the event will occur in the first 15 minutes of the meeting, so there will be plenty of time to make it over to the Hopmonk Tavern or the Smokehouse BBQ for dinner (although I need to stay to take care of city business). The meetings are held at the Sebastopol Community Center Youth Annex, 425 Morris Street.

I know the Mendocino Rally (organized by Sonoma County inmate Mootsuno) was a big success with lots of Sonoma County riders attending and I'm hoping those riders will come out to support Ride to Work Day too.
    </td> </tr> <tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px solid #575757; border-top: 0px">
    </td><td class="alt1" style="border: 1px solid #575757; border-left: 0px; border-top: 0px" align="right"> [​IMG]</td></tr></tbody></table>