Looking for other weekday (and weekend) riders in and around NorCal

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by nrvale0, Oct 26, 2019.

1. nrvale0

nrvale0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, folks.

tldr; Looking for other folks in the West who want to ride through the week and not only on weekends.

I recently went full-time RV for a number of reasons but one of which is so I can travel around NorCal and surrounding states to do some offroading. Maybe eventually do some Enduro and HS events. I'm full-time remote for work which means I can travel to/from places during the week outside of work hours and I can hang out in an area for extended (week-ish) periods so long as there is decent signal with Verizon and/or ATT. San Jose, CA is home base but I range as far north or Oregon and as far east as UT pretty easily. Heading to StG, UT in mid-Nov for about 2 weeks.

I have a ton of street experience but not a ton of offroad experience and I've been pretty much out of any riding for about 4 years.

WR250 with possibility for plated WR450 and Tiger 800XC depending on logistics and current maintenance status of bikes.

Hope to meet up with some of you.
    Chaostrophy likes this.
  2. O'Hooligan

O'Hooligan Ken Dodd's dads dogs dead

Oddometer:
    I am retired and have a travel trailer and a dual sport 250 let me know if you are camped out anywhere may join you
  3. nrvale0

nrvale0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm heading to UT next weekend. Will be there for about a week with a few days of unplanned riding a possibility. Target is Saint George but may make a Moab run as well. Depends on the weather.
  4. O'Hooligan

Oddometer:
    Have fun in Utah can't make it this time.

It would be great if this thread turned into an impromptu trailer camping off the cuff rally type of get togethers!
  5. nrvale0

nrvale0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Looking forward to riding in UT as previously I've only goofed around on side-by-sides out that way.

As to the trailer camping/off-the-cuff rally, that's something to consider. Maybe warrants its own thread. Let me consider that and I'll post here after I get back from UT.
  6. O'Hooligan

Oddometer:
    While in the Utah area you should check out Goblin Valley state park, lots to see and decent riding area.
  7. nrvale0

nrvale0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been out there to walk around but I didn't know it had riding trails! Thanks for the tip.
  8. O'Hooligan

Oddometer:
    Riding trails are outside the state park look up San Rafael swell